Thanks Thanks:  18
Likes Likes:  126
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 12 v Geelong at Marvel on Friday Night

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    It's one game.

I think he needs to BANG THE DOOR DOWN.

1x bag of 6 is a knock on the door. 2x is a LOUD knock on the door. 3x? You're bashing it down.
    I agree but I liked what I saw of him the week before too.

The added issue with Marra is he has a low floor. Can struggle to be competitive/get near it at all for long patches.

2. Likes Happy Days liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah he was good last week too. 9 goals is his last 6 quarters. Why are you so afraid to be loved?
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

4. Likes hujsh, Swoop liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Yeah he was good last week too. 9 goals is his last 6 quarters. Why are you so afraid to be loved?
    Jade Rawlings kicked 7 on debut.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Jade Rawlings kicked 7 on debut.
    Hell yeah he did. That game ruled.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

7. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

And if course then went on to great things for us...
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Even though we lost.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    *!*!*!*! no!!! It’s taking half the season to get him out and you only do it for a week?

Scott did a really good job on Stewart in the 2nd half last year so do we try that again? Maybe even the skipper or Dunks goes to him? Anyone but Cordy!
    I’m not saying I would do it, but I could see Bevo doing it…
    Btw I agree 100% with you Mantis
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

It's one game.

1x bag of 6 is a knock on the door. 2x is a LOUD knock on the door. 3x? You're bashing it down.
    I understand your sentiment, but feel he will offer much more than Buku.

Having watched the VFL game on the stream, I am thinking a few changes are warranted for Geelong

Smith (if fit) for McComb
    Schache for Sweet
    Marra for Buku

Want JJ in as well but don't see who he would replace.
    Note that VFL also playing Friday from 4.05 so perhaps keep McComb as sub.
    Cleary needs to play at Footscray and JJ needs game time, so perhaps another week at Footscray.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

In. B Smith Cordy and Wallis
    Out. Sweet Khamis McComb
    Cordy to defence as third tall defender, with O’Brien replacing Sweet as second ruck man and forward.
    Wallis to replace McComb on forward line.

13. Likes boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's one game.

Hang on. We have one natural forward in Weightman. Are you saying Marra needs three 6 goal games to get a run?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    Out. Sweet Khamis McComb
    Cordy to defence as third tall defender, with O’Brien replacing Sweet as second ruck man and forward.
    Why would you take TOB out of defence when it’s obvious he adds so much more to that zone than Cordy?

And has he ever played in the ruck?

16. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    Out. Sweet Khamis McComb
    NBP, do you think JJ needs another week at Footscray?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Hang on. We have one natural forward in Weightman. Are you saying Marra needs three 6 goal games to get a run?
    I think 3x 6-goal games would be an un-realistically high bar. I think 3x high impact games in the VFL should be the 'bar'. Playing a good game doesn't (or shouldn't) get you in...play a few. Earn your spot.

JJ? He has runs on the board and can come back in as far as I am concerned. Jamarra (and Schache for that matter) doesn't and needs to do more than play a single good game (though I am hearing it might be 2x good games for JUH?)...
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

19. Thanks 1eyedog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah Jamarra made a contribution the week before last as well. With Bruce still out I just feel if Jamarra is kicking bags I'd like him back in. I think he creates a bigger match up headache than Khamis at the moment who really struggled to get involved in a very Bulldogs controlled game (not advocating for Khamis to necessarily get dropped).

Also, while it was fantastic to get such an even spread of goal kickers against the Eagles, it will be much tougher against the Cats. I know two good games in a row does not guarantee a call up, but given its our young gun whose confidence is up and probably rightfully should expect a call up, I'd like the MC to pull the trigger and give him a few games to reward his good form. The more games he plays the better for mine.

You have vastly more experience how to maximise player confidence vs where they are in their development and whether what they're doing is expected of them, I only coach my daughter's u/15 footy side. But what I have learnt coaching kids is that positive reinforcement works wonders on a large number of players. It's my most effective asset and my feeling is that Jamarra is just such a confidence player who feeds off positivity which in turn snowballs into capacity building making it easier to maintain confidence and, ultimately, fast track development. It's just so cyclical in nature. Also working closely Indigenous people generally for 20 years I have learnt that many Indigenous people respond positively to this as well.

That's just my heart talking though.

21. Likes bornadog, ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think 3x 6-goal games would be an un-realistically high bar. I think 3x high impact games in the VFL should be the 'bar'. Playing a good game doesn't (or shouldn't) get you in...play a few. Earn your spot.

JJ? He has runs on the board and can come back in as far as I am concerned. Jamarra (and Schache for that matter) doesn't and needs to do more than play a single good game (though I am hearing it might be 2x good games for JUH?)...
    I’d probably have Marra in as I think it’s been two but I’m hearing you. The huge added element for mine is that Marra has been unable to compete at the highest level for long patches whilst in.