Thanks Thanks:  18
Likes Likes:  126
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 12 v Geelong at Marvel on Friday Night

In: Smith, Marra,
    Out: McComb, Sweet.

Buku to second ruck if Tim needs.
    JJ gets another week to tune up further.
    As much as I love Wally - can't have him and West, and Westy was terrific.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Jamarra comes in. A big part is to reward his form. The goals are great but based on Happy Days report last week and other posters in general it seems his overall contribution is going really well.

It also helps big time that Khamis has barely contributed in his last 2 games (and was quiet in the late game the week prior IIRC). I have been pleased with his contributions but he is out of form atm and JUH is the best option we have for his spot until Hannan comes in.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

I just want Marra picked to avoid a situation where if Bevo is asked why he wasn't he doesn't get sand in his hoo haa and give the media another opportunity to sink the boots in!
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

I can’t see Marra, Buku or Sweet getting a kick this week. Not sure what we do.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupman View Post
    I think Jamarra comes in. A big part is to reward his form. The goals are great but based on Happy Days report last week and other posters in general it seems his overall contribution is going really well.

It also helps big time that Khamis has barely contributed in his last 2 games (and was quiet in the late game the week prior IIRC). I have been pleased with his contributions but he is out of form atm and JUH is the best option we have for his spot until Hannan comes in.
    What’s the latest w Hannan? I thought he was ok early in the year and his size and speed can be impactful. Haven’t heard a thing on him other than indefinite due to concussion. Must be pretty serious to still be out with it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    What’s the latest w Hannan? I thought he was ok early in the year and his size and speed can be impactful. Haven’t heard a thing on him other than indefinite due to concussion. Must be pretty serious to still be out with it?
    Sigh. Hannan would be a great option for Friday night.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Why?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Why does Sweet have to get a kick?

After round 8 our season was in tatters. Beaten by Adelaide and Port who were seen as basket cases and with some of our stars missing.

We went against Collingwood filled with fear and trepidation.

And not only did we win that but also the next two games.

I would be happy for Sweet to sit on the bench all game. His presence generated miracles before and might be enough again.

9. Likes EasternWest, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Yeah Jamarra made a contribution the week before last as well. With Bruce still out I just feel if Jamarra is kicking bags I'd like him back in. I think he creates a bigger match up headache than Khamis at the moment who really struggled to get involved in a very Bulldogs controlled game (not advocating for Khamis to necessarily get dropped).
    Not sure I agree. I think Khamis has a bit of presence on the field that JUH doesn't have yet. Teams are respecting his ability to get off the leash and impact. Also Khamis means that they are struggling to double team Naughton. From a balance perspective I would ask JUH to have a couple more games in the 2's.

Post Thanks / Like

For me:

Out: McComb (did nothing Bad, but with players returning its time to return to the VFL);

In: Bazlenka

12. Thanks soupman thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    Not sure I agree. I think Khamis has a bit of presence on the field that JUH doesn't have yet. Teams are respecting his ability to get off the leash and impact. Also Khamis means that they are struggling to double team Naughton. From a balance perspective I would ask JUH to have a couple more games in the 2's.
    I noticed Kharmis doing alot of blocking and getting in the way of defenders to help Naughton
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Fair. I thought he had a very underwhelming night actually. Hopefully can make more of a contribution if he stays in the team. Jamarra creates a bit of panic purely because of who he is.

Post Thanks / Like

Marra next week I hope, not this week perhaps.
    I think Geelong would body him a lot like Cochin did to Buddy.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree100% but reserve the right to change after Geelong.
    I think JUH should come in next week, to maximise his potential come the pointy end

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    I agree100% but reserve the right to change after Geelong.
    I think JUH should come in next week, to maximise his potential come the pointy end
    Worth noting that next week for us is an extra week away with the bye (VFL has the bye too)

18. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post