Thanks Thanks:  18
Likes Likes:  126
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 12 v Geelong at Marvel on Friday Night

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    Not sure I agree. I think Khamis has a bit of presence on the field that JUH doesn't have yet. Teams are respecting his ability to get off the leash and impact. Also Khamis means that they are struggling to double team Naughton. From a balance perspective I would ask JUH to have a couple more games in the 2's.
    The issue for me is that the last two weeks he is not getting off the leash and having an impact. Nearly everytime he has gotten the opportunity he has dropped the mark.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupman View Post
    The issue for me is that the last two weeks he is not getting off the leash and having an impact. Nearly everytime he has gotten the opportunity he has dropped the mark.
    Don't disagree, but he makes decoy runs and takes players away from the contest much better than JUH did in the first few games. How many times do we see Buku flying for the same ball as Naughts? We don't because he has led in a different direction. I'm happy with his contribution and whilst I think JUH will be the better player at the end of their careers, right now Buku is the man. JUH had his chance early. He needs to learn that its harder to get in the team than it is to stay in the team.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Why?
    Geelong will plonk Stewart on the resting ruck and either a Bews or Kolodjashnij will play on Khamis/Mara and run off them all night.

I am being a real doomsdayer on this - hope i am wrong.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Geelong will plonk Stewart on the resting ruck and either a Bews or Kolodjashnij will play on Khamis/Mara and run off them all night.

I am being a real doomsdayer on this - hope i am wrong.
    Does that mean Stewart goes to Dunks?

And are we really concerned about the damage Bews or Kolo can do? Let them run I say.

5. Likes Happy Days liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Does that mean Stewart goes to Dunks?

And are we really concerned about the damage Bews or Kolo can do? Let them run I say.
    Do you honestly think Dunkley will be our 2nd ruck, or is this a throw away line?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Do you honestly think Dunkley will be our 2nd ruck, or is this a throw away line?
    Given Geelong’s rather weak ruck division and the inability for Sweet to do anything other than compete (well) in ruck contests I’d be happy to run with our 2nd ruck being a mix of anyone (including Dunks) this week.

However it’s important that we get to choose who Stewart plays on this week… not them.

Post Thanks / Like

I’m going:

In - B.Smith, JUH, Schache (sub)

Out - Sweet, McComb

Post Thanks / Like

Difference between Khamis and Marra is Khamis doesn't necessarily need a big so not 100% convinced that he provides a chop out for Naughts. Agree he can help to create space, perhaps better than Marra can and with Hannan out maybe that's the go to methodology, which I'm cool with. Still think Bont, Naughts and Marra would create real problems in the air for them down back.

Do we feel that Khamis is more physical than Marra? I'm not convinced. I may be wrong. Do you remember those intense repeat efforts from Marra a month ago? Have we seen this from Khamis?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Difference between Khamis and Marra is Khamis doesn't necessarily need a big so not 100% convinced that he provides a chop out for Naughts. Agree he can help to create space, perhaps better than Marra can and with Hannan out maybe that's the go to methodology, which I'm cool with. Still think Bont, Naughts and Marra would create real problems in the air for them down back.

Do we feel that Khamis is more physical than Marra? I'm not convinced. I may be wrong. Do you remember those intense repeat efforts from Marra a month ago? Have we seen this from Khamis?
    I think they are equal in terms of physicality and a midsize defender could defend both in the air and on the ground. Maybe it is is a case we rotate them 3 weeks on, 3 weeks off.

I may be clutching at straws but Hananan physicality is the one we are missing.

11. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Marra is more physical than Khamis and don't necessarily buy into the "he's laconic" groupthink. Marra's in his second year so his efforts probably aren't as consistent as Khamis, but Marra has shown a real appetite to run and chase and tackle which Khamis hasn't.

Khamis is better in the air at this stage and surprisingly has had better leading patterns, in that he hasn't choked up Naughton's space.

I'm happy either way but I think we should reward Marra's good form, whilst Khamis has been pretty quiet for 2 weeks.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone think Khamis doesn't really like body contact? I could be wrong here.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Does anyone think Khamis doesn't really like body contact? I could be wrong here.
    I don’t know how much is about liking/not wanting body contact for Buku but I feel he is suited to it when it’s an aerial contest. He gets to use his athleticism, looks brave and willing to put himself in harm’s way. Ground level, it’s a bit harder. He is young and pretty small for his role. I think he is willing enough there but maybe not the IQ/strength combo.

15. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Time to give Marra another crack. Not the ideal team to do it against, but his tail is up.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    I think Marra is more physical than Khamis and don't necessarily buy into the "he's laconic" groupthink. Marra's in his second year so his efforts probably aren't as consistent as Khamis, but Marra has shown a real appetite to run and chase and tackle which Khamis hasn't.

Khamis is better in the air at this stage and surprisingly has had better leading patterns, in that he hasn't choked up Naughton's space.

I'm happy either way but I think we should reward Marra's good form, whilst Khamis has been pretty quiet for 2 weeks.
    Can we play both this week?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Can we play both this week?
    Sweet out Marra in, Buku second ruck - could work
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.