Thanks Thanks:  24
Likes Likes:  160
Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Always Right Match Committee Round 14 v GWS at Giant Stadium on Saturday Night

Welcome to the Always Right Match Committee Thread. The Match Committee threads has been named after long time WOOF member Always Right who tragically passed away in March 2018.

If you were on the Western Bulldogs match committee what changes would you make after our Round 12 match against Geelong (and the Bye in Round 13) for our Round 14 match against GWS at Giant Stadium on Saturday Night.

For those new to these threads, please give a brief explanation for your changes ... this would add a lot of value to the discussion.
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 14 v GWS at Giant Stadium on Saturday Night

Bump
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 14 v GWS at Giant Stadium on Saturday Night

In Schache, JJ, Crozier

Out Buku, Scott, smith

Post Thanks / Like

I’m assuming Smith gets a week. Not because of the force, but the act itself. I think either Scott or McComb goes as well.

So my outs are :- Buku, McComb, Smith
    And my ins:- JUH, JJ, and either Schache or Crozier (depending on match-ups)
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

West must stay. Had a great game.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

6. Likes MrMahatma, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bevo said Gardner hurt his wrist so I think he may miss
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

8. Thanks BornInDroopSt'54 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

How many weeks is Baz going to get? I reckon Tuohey must've really said something to rile him, as I've never seen Smith so enraged so far in his career.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    I’m assuming Smith gets a week. Not because of the force, but the act itself. I think either Scott or McComb goes as well.

So my outs are :- Buku, McComb, Smith
    And my ins:- JUH, JJ, and either Schache or Crozier (depending on match-ups)
    He did draw blood. He is gone. Just a stupid thing to do. However, if the umps play the right decision and McNeil gets a shot on goal downfield after Richards gets smashed then the melee doesn't happen.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    Bevo said Gardner hurt his wrist so I think he may miss
    I thought he broke his wrist when that happened
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

"I think I was pulling and dragging at him as much as he was me, so there's not much in it"

Zach Tuohy on his altercation with Bailey Smith.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    "I think I was pulling and dragging at him as much as he was me, so there's not much in it"

He is a likeable fella.

Did you see during the Buddy 1000th goal mayhem he accidentally pole axed a fan.
    The guy dropped his wallet and Zach chased him through the throng and gave it back!

14. Likes 1eyedog, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post

The blood doesn't help Smith at all.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    The blood doesn't help Smith at all.
    3 down to 2?

17. Likes MrMahatma, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

MRO guidlines.

Is it intentional or careless? I think it is intentional. He threw his head forward agressively.

What is the impact? I think it is high or possibily if he is lucky medium. He did draw blood. (Previously when a high bump or front-on contact occurred, “strong consideration” had to be given to the potential to cause injury. New for next season, the potential to cause injury must be factored into the impact grading. It means, as with striking charges, any high contact with the potential to cause injury will “usually” be classified as either medium, high or severe impact - not low impact.)

Where was the contact? Definilty high.

Intentional, high and high = three matches.

Intentional, high and medium = two matches

19. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    He is a likeable fella.

Did you see during the Buddy 1000th goal mayhem he accidentally pole axed a fan.
    The guy dropped his wallet and Zach chased him through the throng and gave it back!
    Respect what he said on TV and singled out Smith and chatted to him post game. That's a bit of old school mentality which I like. Leave it on the field and shake hands post game.

21. Likes Grantysghost, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post