Thanks Thanks:  24
Likes Likes:  160
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 14 v GWS at Giant Stadium on Saturday Night

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post

We have 10 games to go. We need 6-4 minimum if not 7-3 win loss ratio with a tough draw ahead to make the finals I would think. So I want our best players on the field playing together as much as we can make it happen.

DOC, I think your team is one key forward or 2nd ruck short. We need some height down forward in an effort to stop Naughton being double teamed.

I agree with your thinking on our having our best team out there week in week out and along those lines I'd prefer Bontempelli to play midfield rather than forward.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 14 v GWS at Giant Stadium on Saturday Night

This is my team if no injuries, no suspensions and everyone in form:

B: O'Brien, Gardner, Daniel
    HB: Dale, Keath, Richards
    C: B.Smith, Macrae, Hunter
    HF: Treloar, Naughton, Johannisen
    F: Weightman, Bruce, Ugle-Hagan
    R: English, Bontempelli, Libba

INT: Dunkley Duryea, West, Williams

EMG: Schache McLean Hannan McNeil Khamis Wallis McComb Parker Sweet Jones Butler Vandermeer Bedendo Crozier Cleary Raak Scott R.Smith

For GWS, with the target to eventually get to my best, I would have:

C: Williams, Macrae, Scott
    HF: Treloar, Naughton, McNeil
    F: Weightman, Schache, Dunkley

INT: Sweet, Duryea, West, Bedendo

U-H needs to knock the door down one more week, JJ needs to play full minutes at Footscray first, as does Hunter
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    DOC, I think your team is one key forward or 2nd ruck short. We need some height down forward in an effort to stop Naughton being double teamed.

I agree with your thinking on our having our best team out there week in week out and along those lines I'd prefer Bontempelli to play midfield rather than forward.
    yes I agree, but the options are a bit thin at the moment. We looked unbeatable last year when we had Naughton, Bruce and English as our King Ghidora up front, but that is gone.

Jamarra is next in line but not quite there yet based on Footscray form. He's improving and had he played a good game last week I would have named him. He had another almost game instead. Half a sec off the pace. Otherwise we have Martin (inj), Sweet (can't play forward), Cordy (defender) and Khamis (on L plates) as alternate options. This is why I mentioned Bruce who could be that player. But he is a few weeks away at least.

Schache can 2nd ruck and is clearly a better forward than the other options. We have Bont & O'Brien as other tall options til Bruce or someone else forces their way in. Wallis perhaps for Bedendo to give us another forward target but I want to see Bedendo given a chance as I have been encouraged by his Footscray form.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

4. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelGrip View Post

U-H needs to knock the door down one more week, JJ needs to play full minutes at Footscray first, as does Hunter
    Looks like a carefully thought out team.

plenty of support in each zone, flexibility to move players to respond to circumstances. Structured to Players strengths, keeps any opposition on edge. Well done.

[/QUOTE]

6. Thanks SquirrelGrip thanked for this post
    Likes The bulldog tragician liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post
    Looks like a carefully thought out team.

plenty of support in each zone, flexibility to move players to respond to circumstances. Structured to Players strengths, keeps any opposition on edge. Well done.

A balanced side picked to maximise their strengths.

Can't see the MC going with anything as predictable as that.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

8. Likes SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelGrip View Post

C: B.Smith, Macrae, Hunter
    HF: Treloar, Naughton, Johannisen
    F: Weightman, Bruce, Ugle-Hagan

INT: Dunkley Duryea, West, Williams

EMG: Schache McLean Hannan McNeil Khamis Wallis McComb Parker Sweet Jones Butler Vandermeer Bedendo Crozier Cleary Raak Scott R.Smith

Good to see your selection of two genuine ruck men and key forwards which has been sadly lacking by the MC. I believe though that Cordy is a better option than O’Brien who was very poor against Geelong.
    Would also play Wallis instead of McNeil

10. Thanks SquirrelGrip thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    ha thanks bad xD

Some don’t have them.

Should I kick it?

Anyway I’ve completely gone off thread apologies.

JJ and Schache in.

Not sure about outs other than baz.
    Definitely, and then lose it at Lum Reserve because you're a stupid dickhead thirteen year old like I did with the signed Hawthorn footy I won in U/12s for being best on in a losing semi final after not playing the week before because I went skiing instead of training.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

12. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Being a 2016 Footy, it might be worth a few bob
    Yep, most Bob's are getting old and useless these days. You could definitely trade the footy for a few people named Bob.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    In fairness that move with Naughton was a more of a spur of the moment decision to address an injury.
    Better list planning would have had negated the need to do that.
    Wood being moved forward was due to more of an experiment we wanted to do.
    A bit like Bailey Dale and Ed Richards who Bevo played when he could because he knew they were just good footballers and could play. I guess it's only Bevo who gets shit for having a crack at something different and pulling it off, right?

It's actually tiring this whole "yeah but he did only because" bullshit to be honest. The fact of the matter is he did, and we benefitted from it. A less innovative coach wouldn't have done it.

15. Likes MrMahatma, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Definitely, and then lose it at Lum Reserve because you're a stupid dickhead thirteen year old like I did with the signed Hawthorn footy I won in U/12s for being best on in a losing semi final after not playing the week before because I went skiing instead of training.
    Funny, I won a signed Hawthorn footy in a raffle in the past players room. Mate's father played for Hawks and a few of us were invited in the pass players room at the G after Hawks v Dogs match. I had a choice of the signed footy or a pair of signed training shorts worn by Everrit. (yuk)

Used the footy to kick around in the park with my daughter, pretty sure she still has it
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Need to get Schache in, and Buku out. Schache to toil as second ruck.

JJ for Smith.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad you're not carrying any of this with you.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Need to get Schache in, and Buku out. Schache to toil as second ruck.

JJ for Smith.
    Schache would be just as ineffective in the ruck as Buku. Maybe a bit better up forward but even that's debatable.

Don't let Schaches 'flexibility' fool you into thinking he can make us better. Sounds harsh, and I like him, but surely we know what he is by now.

You're not gonna like it jee, but FFS, can we just play Sweet?
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    I'm glad you're not carrying any of this with you.
    It was a triggering post, I've stopped rolling around on the ground in sufficient time to piss and moan about other things.

However, I do remember rocking up to the rooms at the quarter final and the coach just looking at me and shaking his head to suggest I'm not on the board......but that definitely hasn't hurt me long term!

21. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Schache would be just as ineffective in the ruck as Buku. Maybe a bit better up forward but even that's debatable.

Don't let Schaches 'flexibility' fool you into thinking he can make us better. Sounds harsh, and I like him, but surely we know what he is by now.

You're not gonna like it jee, but FFS, can we just play Sweet?
    I'm trying to operate within the confines of what I think is possible, and I think Schache should get the nod for his performance as a forward/ ruck which is what we need given English is going to be the first ruck and we're not going to pick a true first ruck (which is what Sweet is) to play second ruck.

And to be honest TBB, you might have been able to tell that I really don't think picking either makes much of a difference given how we play and the best 22 we have at the moment. So we may as well reward performance in the twos, after all, that's what the twos are for. If we don't at least keep some integrity in that area it becomes difficult to keep people trying.