Thanks Thanks:  24
Likes Likes:  160
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 14 v GWS at Giant Stadium on Saturday Night

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I'm trying to operate within the confines of what I think is possible, and I think Schache should get the nod for his performance as a forward/ ruck which is what we need given English is going to be the first ruck and we're not going to pick a true first ruck (which is what Sweet is) to play second ruck.

And to be honest TBB, you might have been able to tell that I really don't think picking either makes much of a difference given how we play and the best 22 we have at the moment. So we may as well reward performance in the twos, after all, that's what the twos are for. If we don't at least keep some integrity in that area it becomes difficult to keep people trying.
    Well said.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 14 v GWS at Giant Stadium on Saturday Night

I'm trying to operate within the confines of what I think is possible, and I think Schache should get the nod for his performance as a forward/ ruck which is what we need given English is going to be the first ruck and we're not going to pick a true first ruck (which is what Sweet is) to play second ruck.

And to be honest TBB, you might have been able to tell that I really don't think picking either makes much of a difference given how we play and the best 22 we have at the moment. So we may as well reward performance in the twos, after all, that's what the twos are for. If we don't at least keep some integrity in that area it becomes difficult to keep people trying.
    Selection integrity. That’s funny. Surely Sweet didn’t deserve to be dropped in the first place?

Sweet, Schache and Marra should be in this week.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Selection integrity. That’s funny. Surely Sweet didn’t deserve to be dropped in the first place?
    1 kick, 5 handballs and 1 mark against the Eagles - great game
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

It was a triggering post, I've stopped rolling around on the ground in sufficient time to piss and moan about other things.

However, I do remember rocking up to the rooms at the quarter final and the coach just looking at me and shaking his head to suggest I'm not on the board......but that definitely hasn't hurt me long term!
    If it makes you feel any better I was second top scorer in the entire league in under 16's and when I rocked up to play the Grand Final in a 1 v 2 showdown the officials wouldn't let me play because I didn't sign the score sheet after the first game of the season.

Not that it keeps me awake at night.
    "It's over. It's all over."

5. Thanks jeemak thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sweet did deserve to be dropped.
    English is so far ahead as first ruck that Sweet needs to be forward/second ruck and he is not effective at that.

Schache performed exceptionally well at Footscray as forward/second ruck and deserves the spot over Buku. Sweet shouldn't even be in the conversation.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

7. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    1 kick, 5 handballs and 1 mark against the Eagles - great game
    How’d our forward line operate against Geelong with only Naughton as a target?

Rather than focus on Sweets stats I focus on what else he brings to the team. Interestingly the one stat you should judge Sweet on is one you neglected to mention. 16 hit outs.

Focusing only on disposals is an extremely selfish way to play a team game.

9. Likes G-Mo77, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    Sweet did deserve to be dropped.
    English is so far ahead as first ruck that Sweet needs to be forward/second ruck and he is not effective at that.

Schache performed exceptionally well at Footscray as forward/second ruck and deserves the spot over Buku. Sweet shouldn't even be in the conversation.
    So your happy with our forward structure with Naughton as our sole target inside 50?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    If it makes you feel any better I was second top scorer in the entire league in under 16's and when I rocked up to play the Grand Final in a 1 v 2 showdown the officials wouldn't let me play because I didn't sign the score sheet after the first game of the season.

Man that sucks.

Tiddlywinks has always been known for being over-officiated but that's just ridiculous.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post

That's shizen! When little people get power they go a bit crazy.

I was leading goal kicker 1998,1999.

No trophy.

Didnt affect me, at all, I mean nothing, I'm fine, who needs a trophy anyway?

Post Thanks / Like

I think he did very little against WCE to maintain his place, barely contributing in a 100 point win against two very ordinary rucks.

Schache forward helps out Naughton, and while he won't get many hit outs he can at least cover the ground relatively quickly all day which I don't think Sweet can.

Post Thanks / Like

How’d our forward line operate against Geelong with only Naughton as a target?

Rather than focus on Sweets stats I focus on what else he brings to the team. Interestingly the one stat you should judge Sweet on is one you neglected to mention. 16 hit outs.

Focusing only on disposals is an extremely selfish way to play a team game.
    Structure wise you have a point. That forward line was a joke against the cats. Even when we had control it was useless.

Post Thanks / Like

I think he did very little against WCE to maintain his place, barely contributing in a 100 point win against two very ordinary rucks.

Schache forward helps out Naughton, and while he won't get many hit outs he can at least cover the ground relatively quickly all day which I don't think Sweet can.
    Schache has definitely earned a crack now.

Sweet probably had similar stats to other forwards? I haven't looked.

Edit : Khamis had similar stats in the WCE game without the hit outs.
    West, McComb, Weightman and McNeil had better games with multiple goals.

Post Thanks / Like

So your happy with our forward structure with Naughton as our sole target inside 50?
    Schache would be more of a forward target than Sweet.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Structure wise you have a point. That forward line was a joke against the cats. Even when we had control it was useless.
    It did kick 3, 2 and 4 goals in three quarters against a side that parked the bus. Which if you look at the averages trended at the same rate an apparently super-effective forward line did across the game. People underrate how easy Geelong's task was after quarter time and how difficult ours was, but we almost pinched the game after a disgusting effort in the first quarter.

Post Thanks / Like

It did kick 3, 2 and 4 goals in three quarters against a side that parked the bus. Which if you look at the averages trended at the same rate an apparently super-effective forward line did across the game. People underrate how easy Geelong's task was after quarter time and how difficult ours was, but we almost pinched the game after a disgusting effort in the first quarter.
    Well you could argue with a better structure we would've kicked more considering the inside 50s.

Agree re cats. I hate the we got close bs to be honest I hear it so often.
    Yes we got close, then guess what. Geelong did what they had to do a sealed it after defending for two quarters or more.