Thanks Thanks:  24
Likes Likes:  160
Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 14 v GWS at Giant Stadium on Saturday Night

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Well you could argue with a better structure we would've kicked more considering the inside 50s.

Agree re cats. I hate the we got close bs to be honest I hear it so often.
    Yes we got close, then guess what. Geelong did what they had to do a sealed it after defending for two quarters or more.
    You could also argue with a different structure we wouldn't have closed the ground down as well as we did.

Anyway, we messed things up in the first quarter and suffered the consequences of doing so.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 14 v GWS at Giant Stadium on Saturday Night

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    You could also argue with a different structure we wouldn't have closed the ground down as well as we did.

Anyway, we messed things up in the first quarter and suffered the consequences of doing so.
    touché

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    Schache would be more of a forward target than Sweet.
    BJ, Schache should play as a permanent forward.

I’m advocating for both to play this week. I’ve been very consistent with that in this thread.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Man that sucks.

Tiddlywinks has always been known for being over-officiated but that's just ridiculous.
    Chess you philistine. I'm an intellectual.

That's shizen! When little people get power they go a bit crazy.

I was leading goal kicker 1998,1999.

No trophy.

Didnt affect me, at all, I mean nothing, I'm fine, who needs a trophy anyway?
    The guy who was the top scorer played in the other team, and the season head to head was 1-1 so it was predicted to be a rumble.

Also, they weren't going to let one of our big guys play because he wasn't wearing socks. Can you believe that? Even after I gave him my socks, they still were reluctant to let him play.

Oddly enough, the top scorer on the other team? It was his Mum that was the head official of the league and was the one making these calls. Just, what are the chances?

I've got a bunch of trophies at home, I can send you one if you like?
    "It's over. It's all over."

5. Likes jeemak, Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I threw my trophies out, if I'd have known GG I'd have sent them your way.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

7. Likes Grantysghost, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Chess you philistine. I'm an intellectual.

The guy who was the top scorer played in the other team, and the season head to head was 1-1 so it was predicted to be a rumble.

Also, they weren't going to let one of our big guys play because he wasn't wearing socks. Can you believe that? Even after I gave him my socks, they still were reluctant to let him play.

Oddly enough, the top scorer on the other team? It was his Mum that was the head official of the league and was the one making these calls. Just, what are the chances?

I've got a bunch of trophies at home, I can send you one if you like?
    How deep does the u/16 eastern league conspiracy go..! Mein gott.

Look thanks for all the trophy sharing but I've moved on... I don't even think about it.

Maybe send a picture just in case I change my mind.

Post Thanks / Like

When Schache plays poorly, I eagerly await the calls to drop him.

I'm not saying Sweet is a great option - clearly that isn't the case - but posters using his stats v WCE don't seem to hold others to that same account (Khamis has barely touched it for weeks, Cordy still has his defenders despite never touching it).

Last week Buku played solely as second ruck - pointless.
    Even if Schache spends time forward, rest assured he won't be as effective because we're also asking him to ruck (where, frankly, he sucks).

Sweets value to the side is that it allows us to keep KPP in their preferred spots.
    W00F!

10. Likes DOG GOD, G-Mo77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sweet did deserve to be dropped.
    English is so far ahead as first ruck that Sweet needs to be forward/second ruck and he is not effective at that.

Schache performed exceptionally well at Footscray as forward/second ruck and deserves the spot over Buku. Sweet shouldn't even be in the conversation.
    Agree, bring Schache in

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    How’d our forward line operate against Geelong with only Naughton as a target?

Rather than focus on Sweets stats I focus on what else he brings to the team. Interestingly the one stat you should judge Sweet on is one you neglected to mention. 16 hit outs.

Focusing only on disposals is an extremely selfish way to play a team game.
    Needs to do more than 16 hitouts

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    So your happy with our forward structure with Naughton as our sole target inside 50?
    No BJ said Schache to come in and support in the Fwd line
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Well you could argue with a better structure we would've kicked more considering the inside 50s.

Agree re cats. I hate the we got close bs to be honest I hear it so often.
    Yes we got close, then guess what. Geelong did what they had to do a sealed it after defending for two quarters or more.
    Yeah, I kind of agree. It's nice we weren't belted but comes across as fools gold and people put stock in that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Needs to do more than 16 hitouts
    So let's drop him and not let him play again. That will do his development wonders won't it.

14. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post

I'm not saying Sweet is a great option - clearly that isn't the case - but posters using his stats v WCE don't seem to hold others to that same account (Khamis has barely touched it for weeks, Cordy still has his defenders despite never touching it).

Even if Schache spends time forward, rest assured he won't be as effective because we're also asking him to ruck (where, frankly, he sucks).

Sweets value to the side is that it allows us to keep KPP in their preferred spots.
    That's it right there. If the measuring stick is Khamis last week or Cordy in half a season. Why was Sweet's game against West Coast a get him the f out of the team situation for you guys? We get nothing anyway, why not use that to develop someone so it's something.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post

Khamis, who I think has potential, got 3 goals when Sweet opened up the midfielders and they got the ball into the forward line quickly. What was Sweet’s reward? Being replaced in the ruck by Khamis who had never rucked at that level.

Let’s just face reality. At the club Sweet is a nonevent.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    So let's drop him and not let him play again. That will do his development wonders won't it.
    I just think 6 disposals is not enough in the role he plays. He can develop in the VFL, and may come good as he matures.

In 8 games of AFL, he is averaging 8 disposals a game.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post
    Let’s just face reality. At the club Sweet is a nonevent.
    If he was why would we contract him till end of next year? We need him to develop at VFL level at this stage.

Post Thanks / Like

Schache would be more of a forward target than Sweet.
    I think Schache should not have been dropped after being one of the better players against Adelaide. But he got results as a forward and backman.

So now we want him as a ruckman? Schache is not a ruckman. Putting him in the ruck for 25% of the game will do two things.

1. rob the forward line of some talent.

2. give the opposition rucks a boost.

It will also put him off his game for the rest of the game (negative) and justify sending him back to the seconds for the rest of the season (a positive for the thousands who thought dropping him last time was smart).

So before I go let me simply spell it out. Schache is not a ruckman.