Thanks Thanks:  24
Likes Likes:  160
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 14 v GWS at Giant Stadium on Saturday Night

If Gardner misses….

In- Wallis, Schache
    Out- smith, Gardner
    I will never see #16 the same!!

2. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 14 v GWS at Giant Stadium on Saturday Night

Have no idea why Doc was put straight back in. Been down on form all year and was invisible last night, forgot he actually played until I looked at the stats. Cleary did nothing wrong and should still be playing.

Out: McNeil, Duryea, McComb/Baz if suspended, Khamis
    In: Marra, Cleary, Bedendo, Schache

Just play Marra beside Naughton for the rest of the year. We’re not winning shit this year so invest in 2023 and let them learn how to play together.

Time for Bedendo to get a crack. Been playing wing/forward, gives us more marking power around the ground. Just do it.

Everyone on here continues to crap on Sweet but Khamis churned out the same sort of possession numbers without any of the ruck dominance we would have gotten with a proper ruck taking on Blicavs. Yeah, we may have gotten some clearances while Khamis rucked but there are clearances and there are good clearances, and I still saw the likes of Naughton and Bont being forced to take ruck inside 50 while English was off. Just play Schache in the 2nd ruck role for the rest of the year and be done with it. He can’t ruck but that’s obviously not important to us given we’re playing Khamis and atleast he knows how to lead and create space, and will kick goals with limited opportunity.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

In: Cordy, Schache, JJ, Wallis, Bedendo, Crozier

Out: Gardner (inj), Khamis, McNeil, McComb, Scott, Smith (sus)
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

5. Likes Bullies, boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

In
    Ugle-Hagan, Schache, R Smith, JJ, Bedendo, Wallis

Out
    McComb (goes on the basis of his atrocious miss, a statement has to be made), McNeill, Scott, B Smith, Gardner, Khamis

Duryea repreived, he is lucky not to be replaced by Cleary.

Post Thanks / Like

From what I saw I’d be thinking about dropping Gardner anyway. His positioning on what I believe was Cameron’s 17th goal, the one from the forward 50 stoppage, was u11 get dragged and taught how to actually play football level.

Was he on Cameron the whole game?
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    From what I saw I’d be thinking about dropping Gardner anyway. His positioning on what I believe was Cameron’s 17th goal, the one from the forward 50 stoppage, was u11 get dragged and taught how to actually play football level.

Keath was taking Cameron early, when he was deep, but he was spending a whole lot of time up the ground as well where he wasn't really being checked by anyone.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Scorlibo View Post
    Keath was taking Cameron early, when he was deep, but he was spending a whole lot of time up the ground as well where he wasn't really being checked by anyone.
    Gardner played most of his time on the ground against Hawkins.

Gardner is getting belted by supporters, but I will have to say Keath was a big worry last night. He was on Cameron and just let him roam around on his lonesome, especially in the first quarter.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

10. Likes Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

Gardner is getting belted by supporters, but I will have to say Keath was a big worry last night. He was on Cameron and just let him roam around on his lonesome, especially in the first quarter.
    Why would you play Keath on Cameron? Not only has Keath done well on Hawkins in the past, its logical - stylistically it is so plainly obvious for Keath to go to Hawkins and Gardner to goto Cameron.

I don't know how anyone can defend that coaching decision. It was diabolical.
    W00F!

12. Likes Happy Days, chef, DOG GOD, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Why would you play Keath on Riewoldt? Not only has Keath done well on Lynch in the past, its logical - stylistically it is so plainly obvious for Keath to go to Lynch and Gardner to goto Riewoldt.

Feel like I’ve seen this movie before.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Why would you play Keath on Cameron? Not only has Keath done well on Hawkins in the past, its logical - stylistically it is so plainly obvious for Keath to go to Hawkins and Gardner to goto Cameron.

Well maybe look at it another way.

Hawkins gets most of his kicks from outmarking his opponent, and of course leading to a spot. Gardner is a player who mainly spoils marks (4th in AFL for spoils)

Hawkins wasn't the problem in the end, Cameron was the dangerman. I am not sure Gardner has the ability to keep up with Cameron, certainly Keath couldn't in the first quarter. In the second and third quarter the ball didn't go down there, but then Cameron bobbed up in the last.

I don't know who could have gone to Cameron as I don't think we have a backman with the ability.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Well maybe look at it another way.

Hawkins gets most of his kicks from outmarking his opponent, and of course leading to a spot. Gardner is a player who mainly spoils marks (4th in AFL for spoils)

Hawkins wasn't the problem in the end, Cameron was the dangerman. I am not sure Gardner has the ability to keep up with Cameron, certainly Keath couldn't in the first quarter. In the second and third quarter the ball didn't go down there, but then Cameron bobbed up in the last.

I don't know who could have gone to Cameron as I don't think we have a backman with the ability.
    Keath didn't seem to want to go with Cameron when he worked up the field. I'd presume that the instruction was for him to stay behind the ball and pick Cameron up inside fifty, but with no one checking Cameron up the field he was just constantly running back into the fifty unopposed.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

Post Thanks / Like

Caleb needs to be dropped as well, something has stunk about him and tonight for me, nail in the coffin, I’d bring in Crozier to replace whatever it is Caleb is meant to be doing.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    Caleb needs to be dropped as well, something has stunk about him and tonight for me, nail in the coffin, I’d bring in Crozier to replace whatever it is Caleb is meant to be doing.
    Is this a joke post? He was one of the best on the ground? Ran at 80% efficiency on 30 disposals?

18. Likes Bulldog4life, dadsgirl16 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    If the answer is hitting targets by foot, then Croz ain’t your boy. Caleb has been off this season, I agree, but last night was probably one of his better efforts. While the backline is getting hammered, you can certainly apportion a heap of the blame to the mids and forwards who have the Cats so much time and space in the first quarter that the backs we’re facing a barrage. Not letting them off the hook, but they did a lot better when the ball stopped coming at full pace with a wave of unopposed Cats.

Post Thanks / Like

You should know by now it is always Gardner fault we lose. Even if he is out with a broken wrist next week he will be blamed. For the amount of games he plays he doesn't do to bad.

21. Likes merantau liked this post