Thanks Thanks:  24
Likes Likes:  160
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 14 v GWS at Giant Stadium on Saturday Night

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I honestly haven’t caught up with his comments.

By the end of next round it is likely we will be sitting 10th. Simply put, not good enough.
    As I have previously said, I don't mind listen to the opinions of Kane Cornes (and I enjoy reading yours for that matter) but they have both drawn the same observation and I'll pay some more attention to it now.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

2. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 14 v GWS at Giant Stadium on Saturday Night

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I bet Cordy
    I tend to agree.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    What I am saying is he needs to dominate at VFL. He is the same age as English, but doesn't have his talent. Dominate VFL and show that you are good enough to be in the AFL
    I'm not sure dominating in the VFL is a requirement for a promotion, it probably should be, but plenty of players seem to get the call up after couple of decent games.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I think he’s carrying a grudge because Bevo said he doesn’t know how his wife can sleep next to him at night more so than the PF itself.
    For what it's worth, Bevo shouldn't make those type of comments. I like that he shares more than many other coaches but making comments that involve the wife of someone you are pushing back on should be avoided.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    For what it's worth, Bevo shouldn't make those type of comments. I like that he shares more than many other coaches but making comments that involve the wife of someone you are pushing back on should be avoided.
    Probably, but also how much of a hater do you have to be to watch that Semi Final and have your take away be how poorly one single player on the winning team played? Kind of sums Cornes and his approach to media work and life up.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

I think he’s carrying a grudge because Bevo said he doesn’t know how his wife can sleep next to him at night more so than the PF itself.
    Ahhh, I forgot that one. That was after he took swipes at Treloar right?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    He seems to black list people he can't deal with by ignoring them and then insulting them publicly.

Leadership is dealing with difficult people with professionalism and thats what I'd much rather see from him.

It makes me wonder if he struggles with strong counter points in general.

I'm not a Cornes hater but I don't really enjoy that style of journalism either.

9. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Ahhh, I forgot that one. That was after he took swipes at Treloar right?
    Yep
    https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/na...9a5449356?amp=

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    He seems to black list people he can't deal with by ignoring them and then insulting them publicly.

Leadership is dealing with difficult people with professionalism and thats what I'd much rather see from him.

I'm not a Cornes hater but I don't really enjoy that style of journalism either.
    It's a good point you raise. I'm sure our assistants challenge him but I think they would mostly need to tread a fine line.

Regarding Cornes, it's about acknowledging that there is a mix of nonsense and good observations and working out which ones are worth listening to.

12. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Probably, but also how much of a hater do you have to be to watch that Semi Final and have your take away be how poorly one single player on the winning team played? Kind of sums Cornes and his approach to media work and life up.
    It was a bit of a pile on too just re-reading that article.

These ex-footballer journalists are pretty lazy, they get spoon fed some vision on a platter and run with it like it was the entire match.
    Last edited by Grantysghost; 06-06-2022 at 10:55 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post

I think Bevo has black listed Fox Footy after Morris said he had the full backing of his employer. Only coach who hasn't been on coaches night on AFL360. Some have been on 2 or 3 times.

15. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting convo on a MC thread but I will say I have no issue with Bevo blacklisting the media. The AFL media are gross. they will knowingly go someone with mental health issues. I find it extremely toxic.

The possible/probable issue I have with Bevo and 'blacklisting' though is when it comes to those who matter, those within the four walls, the players. It does seem he can write off players a bit. Idk if fact or fiction, whether he has moved on, whether the list is all Bevo types now etc but that's my issue.

17. Likes Grantysghost, bornadog, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I used to know someone who worked for The Footy Show (she hated it ha). Bevo blacklists/ignores on values too. I am not a 100% Bevo fan and just one example but it was about values of the show. I guess the stand is very different depends on POV you take. Tom Browne, The Footy Show... more acceptable to some and vile to others. I am in the latter camp.

19. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    I used to know someone who worked for The Footy Show (she hated it ha). Bevo blacklists/ignores on values too. I am not a 100% Bevo fan and just one example but it was about values of the show. I guess the stand is very different depends on POV you take. Tom Browne, The Footy Show... more acceptable to some and vile to others. I am in the latter camp.
    I don't watch any of the footy shows.

AFL360 is ruined by Slobbo and the others are all the boys club.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

21. Likes Bulldog Revolution liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    Interesting convo on a MC thread but I will say I have no issue with Bevo blacklisting the media. The AFL media are gross. they will knowingly go someone with mental health issues. I find it extremely toxic.

The possible/probable issue I have with Bevo and 'blacklisting' though is when it comes to those who matter, those within the four walls, the players. It does seem he can write off players a bit. Idk if fact or fiction, whether he has moved on, whether the list is all Bevo types now etc but that's my issue.
    I agree I hate the AFL media, however for many members this is a normalised source of connection to the game and their club. So it's a necessary evil and I think the head coach, being probably the main face of the team needs to be able to live in that world.

I do worry about that behaviour internally too.