Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  42
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 15 v Hawthorn at Marvel on Friday Night

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Agreed, good old Thurston could finance the team for years!

Post Thanks / Like

Bevo in the press conference today indicated that Flea was more likely to miss than play this week but should almost certainly be right for the Brisbane game.

3. Thanks hujsh thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dogs livewire set to miss, Bevo braces for brutal run home

THE WESTERN Bulldogs are poised to tackle their crucial clash against Hawthorn without livewire Cody Weightman.

The small forward booted five first-half goals against Greater Western Sydney then dislocated his elbow in the third quarter but still played out the game.

Weightman trained on Wednesday but coach Luke Beveridge indicated, while the 21-year-old avoided bone damage, only stretching his ligaments, the six-day break to Friday night's game was likely too little.

"It's a pretty traumatic sort of injury, and he is going to train today but we want to make sure that if he if he plays, he's pain-free, he's comfortable and he can play his natural game," Beveridge told reporters.

"Standing in front of you, I'm not totally certain that that will be the case.

"He'll definitely train and I think we're more inclined to look after him and he'll need to miss a game. But I'd say he'd almost definitely be ready for the following week."

Weightman's absence means Jamarra Ugle-Hagan and Josh Schache will have further responsibility alongside Aaron Naughton.

Josh Bruce is likely to spend another week in the VFL after a successful comeback from his knee reconstruction while Beveridge wouldn't guarantee Lachie Hunter would come straight back in.

Tim English will miss with delayed onset concussion but Beveridge expected him to be fit to face Brisbane the following week.

The Bulldogs are four points outside the eight and realistically need to beat the Hawks to stay firmly in touch with the finals spots ahead of a brutal run.

Matches against Brisbane, Sydney, St Kilda, Melbourne, Geelong and Fremantle await but Beveridge was wary of looking too far ahead.

"Beyond this game we've got a stretch of playing against teams who are above us, which is a fact," he said.

"But Adelaide beat us by a point. There's been other teams everyone was expecting us to beat but you're either good enough or you ain't.

"We believe our best is going to challenge but as we discussed this morning the momentum swings in games we've got to stave off and we're setting ourselves up each week to be a formidable opponent."

Bailey Smith is training fully with the main group, having served one of his four weeks' worth of suspensions for separate headbutting and illicit drug use bans.

"He'll be like a cat on a hot tin roof - he'll want to play but he can't," Beveridge said.

"But he seems to be in an OK space."

Post Thanks / Like

Dogs livewire set to miss, Bevo braces for brutal run home

THE WESTERN Bulldogs are poised to tackle their crucial clash against Hawthorn without livewire Cody Weightman.

"
    Shock horror.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

In Crozier, Sweet

Out: Duryea, English

Weightman still in
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

7. Thanks BornInDroopSt'54 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    In Crozier, Sweet

Out: Duryea, English

Weightman still in
    Sensible but I really don't rate Crozier. I'd probably prefer Cleary.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

McNeil medi sub again, otherwise extremely unlucky.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    So my ins would be :- Sweet, Crozier (played well for Scrays), and Bendendo (if Weightman doesn't get up)
    outs would be :- English, Duryea, Weightman (maybe)
    I'm gunna say I nailed it ... or close enough to
    WOOF Member 422

11. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That is straightforward from our match commitee which is unusual. Crozier deserves his chance with his VFL form and at times has really nailed that small/medium defender spot. Hopefully he brings his best as we need someone to stand up in that defensive post after Doc's injury.

13. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    McNeil medi sub again, otherwise extremely unlucky.
    Chance of a late in for Weightman I guess.

Post Thanks / Like

An elbow bandage to support the tendons and a shot.
    Good to go.
    Or else dare to be in pain.
    Cody must've trained.

16. Likes angelopetraglia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    An elbow bandage to support the tendons and a shot.
    Good to go.
    Or else dare to be in pain.
    Cody must've trained.
    In the presser before training Bevo said he was going to train and give himself a chance to play. Bevo also mentioned they might need to save him from himself as he would be desperate to play.

18. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Aha. Yep, forgot about Weightman.

Post Thanks / Like

Would have liked to see Bedendo get a crack but understand the selections. Crozier’s form at VFL level is worthy of selection, especially with Duryea out, despite how we might feel about him long (or even short) term

Post Thanks / Like

Tackling would have to be a concern for Cody, but his attacking side is what we need. Hopefully he is offensive.