Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  42
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 15 v Hawthorn at Marvel on Friday Night

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    On the plus side we win something like 180% of our games when Jordan Sweet is playing so there's always a silver lining in every bad situation.
    I'm pretty sure Jordon Sweet wore a fake beard and saved a Peru penalty last week.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the forward set up that will create the most headaches for the opposition will be 4 talls and 2 smalls.

So Naughton, JUH, Schache, Bruce, West and Weightman.

JJ can play back and forward. Likewise Schache who can also play ruck allowing English to go for thus giving the opposition no respite at all.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

3. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    I think the forward set up that will create the most headaches for the opposition will be 4 talls and 2 smalls.

So Naughton, JUH, Schache, Bruce, West and Weightman.

JJ can play back and forward. Likewise Schache who can also play ruck allowing English to go for thus giving the opposition no respite at all.
    Where are the rest of our mids playing?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    WESTERN BULLDOGS

B: E.Richards, R.Gardner, T.O’Brien

HB: C.Daniel, A.Keath, B.Dale

C: R.West, J.Macrae, A.Scott

HF: J.Schache, J.Ugle-Hagan, T.Liberatore

F: M.Bontempelli, A.Naughton, M.Wallis

R: J.Sweet, J.Dunkley, A.Treloar

IC: R.McComb, B.Williams, J.Johannisen, L.McNeil

IN: J.Sweet, L.McNeil, M.Wallis

OUT: T.English (concussion), C.Weightman (elbow), T.Duryea (knee)

English was a surprise out with a delayed concussion which is disappointing given he looked very good against the Giants. Jordon Sweet showed he was a capable replacement earlier in the season while veteran Mitch Wallis, who has been a medical sub recently, is the perfect replacement for the unlucky Weightman who is most likely to only miss one week with a dislocated elbow.

Scott Gullan
    Three big outs plus Bailey Smith and when you add Josh Bruce as well it does make this a very depleted line up. English will be sorely missed given his excellent play around the ground where he has emerged as the best ruck man in the AFL.
    We live in hope that our defence will overcome a pretty good Hawthorn attack.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Where are the rest of our mids playing?
    We have Bont, Jacko, Libba, Smith, Hunter, Dunkley and Treloar
    English, Bont and Dunkley as the starting three, Hunter and Jacko on the wings, Libba in the centre, Smith and Treloar rotating playing, wing, half forward, starting at centre bounces. You can see I'm not a selector!

I don't see Scott, McNeil and McComb as best 22 at the moment.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

We have Bont, Jacko, Libba, Smith, Hunter, Dunkley and Treloar
    English, Bont and Dunkley as the starting three, Hunter and Jacko on the wings, Libba in the centre, Smith and Treloar rotating playing, wing, half forward, starting at centre bounces. You can see I'm not a selector!

IMHO they've each performed well in their last few games, and are showing improvement.
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

8. Likes mjp liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My Team for Hawks

B: Daniel, Gardner, O'Brien

HB: Dale, Keath, Richards

C: Williams, Libba, Hunter

HF: Dunkley, Bont, JJ

F: West, Naughton, Schache

R: Sweet, Macrae, Treloar

INT: Jamarra, Bedendo, Scott, Crozier

EMG: McNeill, Wallis, McComb
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    My Team for Hawks

B: Daniel, Gardner, O'Brien

HB: Dale, Keath, Richards

C: Williams, Libba, Hunter

HF: Dunkley, Bont, JJ

F: West, Naughton, Schache

R: Sweet, Macrae, Treloar

INT: Jamarra, Bedendo, Scott, Crozier

EMG: McNeill, Wallis, McComb
    This makes sense and should still beat Hawks.

Post Thanks / Like

Scott is best 22. He is currently playing wing quite well and is able to play the defensive wing role which is important in todays game.

On the weekend he had only 12 touches but went at 92% disposal rate, kicked one goal and had 8 score involvements.

He is able to play forward and play back.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

12. Likes Mofra, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Scott is best 22. He is currently playing wing quite well and is able to play the defensive wing role which is important in todays game.

On the weekend he had only 12 touches but went at 92% disposal rate, kicked one goal and had 8 score involvements.

He is able to play forward and play back.
    I’m a fan of Scott too. Those Mr Fixit gap fillers who can actually use the ball well are valuable. I think he’ll continue to improve over the next year or two and become a regular 20+ per game player.

He’s well ahead of McComb.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I’m a fan of Scott too. Those Mr Fixit gap fillers who can actually use the ball well are valuable. I think he’ll continue to improve over the next year or two and become a regular 20+ per game player.

He’s well ahead of McComb.
    I rate Scott's kicking too.

We have enough accumulators already. His DE is more important than his disposal count.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

15. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I can see the potential in Bedendo but I question if he has performed to the standard to earn a promotion just yet.
    Good luck to him if he does get the call up.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I can see the potential in Bedendo but I question if he has performed to the standard to earn a promotion just yet.
    There is no doubt Bedendo has improved much over the year, but he does have one trait that might challenge the standard he needs to be at, to gain promotion.

When he marks the ball, he does have a tendency to play on (which is commendable), but his delivery on these occasions can be haphazard leading to a turnover and wasting the effort he has made in the first place. A little more composure and surety with his disposal is still required in my opinion.

For 'excitement's' sake, he does remind me of a potential young Jeremy Howe (height, build, playing position, ability to to take a good overhead mark, kick a goal occasionally).
    Anyone can support a team that is winning, it takes no courage. But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you, that takes a lot of courage, so lets always be behind our boys and girls in red, white and blue.

18. Thanks BornInDroopSt'54 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Smads57 View Post
    There is no doubt Bedendo has improved much over the year, but he does have one trait that might challenge the standard he needs to be at, to gain promotion.

When he marks the ball, he does have a tendency to play on (which is commendable), but his delivery on these occasions can be haphazard leading to a turnover and wasting the effort he has made in the first place. A little more composure and surety with his disposal is still required in my opinion.

For 'excitement's' sake, he does remind me of a potential young Jeremy Howe (height, build, playing position, ability to to take a good overhead mark, kick a goal occasionally).
    Man if he turns out to be half as good as Howell than we've found a player.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Man if he turns out to be half as good as Howell than we've found a player.
    Agreed, good old Thurston could finance the team for years!