Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
    Post Thanks / Like

Bankers & Anchors: Rnd 9, 2022 vs Collingwood

This is the Round 9, 2022 edition of the weekly Bankers and Anchors thread. Once the game against Collingwood is concluded post your nominations for:

The Bankers = 3 guys/aspects of the game that we banked on to do the right thing during the game
    The Anchors = 3 guys/aspects of the game that weighed us down by their errors or poor play

Please limit it to no more than three of each player or aspect of the game, but feel free to make honourable/dishonourable mentions. As usual try to make it constructive criticism.

Try and restrict it to individual players rather than aspects of the overall match - I will allow more freedom now as the thread seems to be going down more of the aspects of the game path so you can have 3 for each made up of aspects of the game and individual players.

The thread is named in honour of a popular WOOF Contributor, The Banker, who passed away on 22/04/2012 after a six month battle with cance

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bankers & Anchors: Rnd 9, 2022 vs Collingwood

Bankers

1. Gardner. Really loved his game tonight, he's really starting to back himself to mark more, run more and execute the damaging kick to progress the play. It may not have been ideal to have to rely on Gard's as our main man with Keath missing these past few weeks, but I suspect it might have been really significant in Gard's development.

2. Fantastic to see some of our inexperienced players perform well, Khamis, West, Cleary all did their job and made contributions.

3. Libba was immense in close, and we really nailed them tonight in the contest.

Anchors.

1. Our goalkicking. This should've been an even bigger win.

2. West, gave 3 dumb and obvious free's tonight. Had probably his best game for the club so far, but he needs to tidy that stuff up.

3. I don't like dunking on the guy, and perhaps he was solid in the role he was asked to perform for the team, but I think McComb has to go back and work on his disposals and holding his tackles.

3. Likes Ghost Dog, Mutz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bankers

1. Treloar playing against his old club, great performance

2. Midfield dominance - smashed them in clearances, cont poss

3. Cleary - playing his first game and snagging 13 disposals, including 7 marks.

Anchors

1. Yes the old chestnut, goal kicking from set shots

2. Dissent rule and 50m penalty - so harsh.

3. McNeil - 3 disposals till 3/4 time and then gets a chance to kick a goal and kicks a shocker
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Bankers
    Tom Liberatore and Josh Dunkley for their inside clearance work.
    Aaron Naughton, excellent groundball skills as well as marking.
    Ed Richards, starting to launch attacks from half back.

Anchors
    Taylor Duryea, I thought he was poor tonight.
    Bailey Williams, still lacking confidence.
    McNeill, I don't see what he brings atm.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westbulldog View Post
    Bankers
    Tom Liberatore and Josh Dunkley for their inside clearance work.
    Aaron Naughton, excellent groundball skills as well as marking.
    Ed Richards, starting to launch attacks from half back.

Anchors
    Taylor Duryea, I thought he was poor tonight.
    Bailey Williams, still lacking confidence.
    McNeill, I don't see what he brings atm.
    When the ball hits the ground and Naughton is anywhere near it, he just gets it. Unbelivable work at ground level for a big man. Strong, a competitive beast and clean. He is just a pleasure to watch.

7. Likes josie, I'm Not Bitter Anymore! liked this post