Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  26
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things you've learned. Round ten 2022 v Gold Coast Suns in Ballarat

Quote Originally Posted by Before I Die View Post
    Thanks BAD, I’ll bow to your knowledge and correct my post. I’m not sure what the data was that my Google search brought up. Also apologise to all for sidetracking the thread, though I think that had already happened.
    I wouldn't worry about side tracking.

I get stats from Footywire.com
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Agreed but this only highlights our inadequacy in trading/drafting some ruck depth if Sweet is STILL not at the level required to play 80% game time.

I keep banging on about it, but it's not like we didn't know what Sweet was at the end of last year. We offered him 1 year so clearly we had big question marks over his ability/fitness, yet we did absolutely nothing about it except put trust in Martin who can barely string together consecutive training sessions at this point.

Flogging a dead horse I know, but somebody needs to be held accountable at our football club.

** I get we 'targeted' Soldo. Fine. But we didn't get him and then we did... nothing? Great play **

Side note: If Sweet can't replace Cordy's 5-7 possessions a game with a couple of blocks, but offer much more as a second ruck, delist him today.
    sweet not being able to play 80% game time is a myth.

He exceeded 80% against Carlton and St Kilda last year. He also did it against Collingwood two weeks ago. So he has managed it in 50% of his games.

Paddy Ryder has rarely exceeded 75% in the last few years, so it not a universal requirement.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post

He exceeded 80% against Carlton and St Kilda last year. He also did it against Collingwood two weeks ago. So he has managed it in 50% of his games.

Paddy Ryder has rarely exceeded 75% in the last few years, so it not a universal requirement.
    I think we just saw this weekend that he wasn't really able to do it. Sure if he's part of a pairing like Ryder and Marshall it's not a requirement but it's not clear he can be part of a pairing like that without being the main ruck.

I also get that he physically did play 80% TOG at times but without going back and watching the games (no thanks) it's harder to say how well he ran out those games.

Witts had a 89% TOG and Sweet seemed to run out of steam in the second half with just 75% meaning we got to see Cordy in there for the other quarter of the game. English seems to be able to play 85% while also being influential around the ground and maintaining his influence throughout the match (from what I can see). Since they're both the same age I think it's a reasonable comparison.

4. Likes bornadog, boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Paddy Ryder is 34yo and plays with a team with a very good 2nd ruck in Marshall.

Jordan Sweet is 24yo and has Zaine Cordy to help him out.

6. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Actually Melbourne are 10th for clearances, and yes we are 2nd, just behind Lions.
    The turn over game!

Maybe if we have a couple of key fwds that can keep May & Lever accountable, and we have some intercept capability of our own (which with our 3 taller defenders in, and Richards, we should), then we're in the mix.

Let's face it... our full strength team is still a massive threat to any team in the comp. Let's get it on!

8. Likes Grantysghost, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Paddy Ryder is 34yo and plays with a team with a very good 2nd ruck in Marshall.

Jordan Sweet is 24yo and has Zaine Cordy to help him out.
    In the first three games this year Witts had significantly less than 80% game time. Don’t know if he is any good but he has increased his game time as the season has progressed, and the Suns seem to be ok with that. So I still have doubts about insisting a minimum of 80% for Sweet is in the team’s best interest. Especially since he has been able to exceed it.

10. Thanks Rance Fan thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

In the first three games this year Witts had significantly less than 80% game time. Don’t know if he is any good but he has increased his game time as the season has progressed, and the Suns seem to be ok with that. So I still have doubts about insisting a minimum of 80% for Sweet is in the team’s best interest.
    Witts is currently ranked 1 for hitouts with a whopping 118 more than his nearest rival Nankervis

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Witts is currently ranked 1 for hitouts with a whopping 118 more than his nearest rival Nankervis
    It's amazing isn't it. If he played for a Victorian club he'd be getting talked up as a Brownlow smokey!

Post Thanks / Like

I asked Chris Doerre on twitter, about rucks in mid season draft

AFL Draft Expert (Chris Doerre ESPN/Knightmare)

There are numerous options. Ramdsen is the most likely project ruck, Brynn Teakle is the most likely readier prospect. Connor Ballenden (former Brisbane) has gotten some interest along with Liam Reidy.

14. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Do we have a pick in mid season draft? Presume we would have to put one of our players on long term injury list. Hannan could be only possibly?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Do we have a pick in mid season draft? Presume we would have to put one of our players on long term injury list. Hannan could be only possibly?
    Currently we don't have a pick.

17. Thanks josie thanked for this post