Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

The Moment: Rnd 10, 2022 vs Gold Coast

The moment, the best, most courageous moment that caught your eye in today's round 10 match against Gold Coast. Was it the moment that told you 'we've got this' or 'we lost this one right here'? Or was it the moment that you went 'wow....that is crazy courage'.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moment: Rnd 10, 2022 vs Gold Coast

That Treloar goal was a feature for me until Richards stood under a couple late in the game and took some Easton Wood type marks.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

There seemed to be lots of potential key points where you thought that was the moment that got us the win. And then Gold Coast would find a way to get close enough back again to negate it.
    McComb's goal was the one that clinched it, and I think that might've come off the back of a Richards mark up ground too.

4. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Naughton's handball out of the pack to Williams who kicked the goal
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Couldn’t really pick one moment - probably Treloar a first goal given the sentiment of the occasion.

Don’t know if anyone else agrees, but I thought a few “dissent 50’s” were let go which were strictly enforced the week before and in both the afternoon and night games same day.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    Couldn’t really pick one moment - probably Treloar a first goal given the sentiment of the occasion.

Don’t know if anyone else agrees, but I thought a few “dissent 50’s” were let go which were strictly enforced the week before and in both the afternoon and night games same day.
    Dissent 50s are chook lotto. Who knows when they will be paid?

Post Thanks / Like

Forget these fancy pants mids with their mullets and tattoos.
    Give me a dour, reliable backman with a crew cut to ice the game. Well done Williams.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Like other posters I thought Bont’s goal late in Q4, then when GC replied Williams goal and finally McCombs. Might have last 2 goals in wrong order. GC ability to kick quick goals was scary. They are no longer a nothing club.

However I’ll pick a moment that will likely not mean a lot to anyone really. As I was listening to the GC song before game started I started laughing and thinking it reminded me of another song. See what you think. Same key for sure. And for those of you that want to watch a fun movie check out yr 2000 Norwegian comedy “Boyzvoice” (Norwegians not limited to crime noir, blue parrots in Monty Python skits and a reputation for educating their citizens pretty well). It used to show up on SBS every few years but not for some while now. We ended up buying a copy of the DVD from Norway so we could sing along. Sometimes we skip the movie and just watch the singing bits.

Watch "Gold Coast Suns theme song 2017" on YouTube
    https://youtu.be/Uee_3UPLq0M

Watch "Boyzvoice - We Are The Playmomen (HQ)" on YouTube
    https://youtu.be/qfIlY7IrOR4

10. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Like other posters I thought Bont’s goal late in Q4, then when GC replied Williams goal and finally McCombs. Might have last 2 goals in wrong order. GC ability to kick quick goals was scary. They are no longer a nothing club.

However I’ll pick a moment that will likely not mean a lot to anyone really. As I was listening to the GC song before game started I started laughing and thinking it reminded me of another song. See what you think. Same key for sure. And for those of you that want to watch a fun movie check out yr 2000 Norwegian comedy “Boyzvoice” (Norwegians not limited to crime noir, blue parrots in Monty Python skits and a reputation for educating their citizens pretty well). It used to show up on SBS every few years but not for some while now. We ended up buying a copy of the DVD from Norway so we could sing along. Sometimes we skip the movie and just watch the singing bits.

Very funny
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Forget these fancy pants mids with their mullets and tattoos.
    Give me a dour, reliable backman with a crew cut to ice the game. Well done Williams.
    You’ve obviously never seen early Bailey W.

For me, the moment(s) involved our captain. I saw how gingerly he moves at points during the game. But when it was on the line, his champion qualities willed the match into our keeping.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

Easy. Bont plucks a big contested mark. Goes back briefly, then wheels on to his left foot, takes off and slots a long goal. Grab the moment type stuff.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

14. Likes bornadog, SquirrelGrip, azabob, ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bont's third was the moment for mine.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post

WTF did I just watch? HAHAHA
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

I used to have the same Marlborough McLaren model as a kid.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I used to have the same Marlborough McLaren model as a kid.
    Prost?