Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  43
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Low Life Media calling Bevo a sook

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    Beveridge did say he did not want to comment any further before he checked the footage before he made any inquiries to the umpires

Mountain out of a mole hill.

Barrett hates us

Cornes can't help himself to have a dig at us.

If anyone watched the press conference , the same question was asked 3 times to Luke, and he clearly said he was not going to elaborate anything further until he checked the footage.

The news media cycle is about headlines and negativity. How thick must they be if they could not read between the lines ?

Is the quality of press so diluted that they try to sensationalize everything?
    I agree 90 percent macca.

But don't be fooled into thinking Luke doesn't know the questions are coming and has decided what he's going to say prior.

I'm a big Bevo fan and he's not stupid.

2. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's funny because literally the first clip they showed was Collins with his back turned to the ball holding Naughton while the ball was 50 metres away, Naughton shifts him and gets a clean run up and mark but it's called holding against Naughton.

Literally Collins was holding on and stopping his run while not looking at the ball, it should have been a downfield free.

4. Likes Bulldog Revolution liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Testekill View Post
    It's funny because literally the first clip they showed was Collins with his back turned to the ball holding Naughton while the ball was 50 metres away, Naughton shifts him and gets a clean run up and mark but it's called holding against Naughton.

Literally Collins was holding on and stopping his run while not looking at the ball, it should have been a downfield free.
    I think it was those two frees that triggered Bevo.

6. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Testekill View Post

This happens to all the FF, but I think it is a blight on the game. Sick of players holding on to others when the ball is no where near the play. If there are any rules that should be enforced this is one.

My point in posting this thread, is not about what Bevo said. Bevo and all coaches talk like this because they are not allowed to criticise directly. It is not a big deal.

The point of this thread is the way the MSM act. Barrett calling for an apology, give me a break, foxfooty calling Bevo a sook - wow.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I went to work today and the football world seems to have gone batshit crazy. This is what happens when I don't check in all day.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Well I went to work today and the football world seems to have gone batshit crazy. This is what happens when I don't check in all day.
    You had a fair excuse still being drunk on the toon making the calendar year champions league right!?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    You had a fair excuse still being drunk on the toon making the calendar year champions league right!?
    Man I was tired today - but well worth staying up to see it. I only just finished my last meeting as well.........
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

11. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn’t Bevo say I can’t say too much as I haven’t watched the tape?

Storm in a teacup. Backing his player. Of course Kornes and Damo take issue with it… whatever.

13. Likes GVGjr, macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Didn’t Bevo say I can’t say too much as I haven’t watched the tape?

Storm in a teacup. Backing his player. Of course Kornes and Damo take issue with it… whatever.
    I am going to give Bevo an academy award for not rolling his eyes , not giving the journo who asked the same question 3 times a bake , and not questioning the umpring for their stupid misinterpretation laws.

15. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

As pointed out by a bulldog supporter on social media.

Round 1 - Bevo has gone too hard and he needs to apologise

Round 10- Bevo has gone too soft and he needs to apologise.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

17. Likes Testekill, jeemak, hujsh, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Footy Classified actually had the nerve to say that Bevo could take a note from Justin Longmuir on how to handle a press conference. You know, that guy whose team just lost to Collingwood by 8 goals at home, that same Collingwood that we belted the week before. I’m sure that if you ask Freo fans they’re taking a lot of pride in the presser performance and will also happily overlook the game that just took place.

Seriously does ANYONE other than the gang of idiots sitting on these shows care about this shit?
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

19. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    As pointed out by a bulldog supporter on social media.

Round 1 - Bevo has gone too hard and he needs to apologise

Round 10- Bevo has gone too soft and he needs to apologise.
    Did they indicate why he needs to apologise?
    I think he was just being mischievous on the weekend and he has drawn a lot of attention on the effort required by defenders to get on top of one of the competitions best young forwards. Not sure that has helped us.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Did they indicate why he needs to apologise?
    I think he was just being mischievous on the weekend and he has drawn a lot of attention on the effort required by defenders to get on top of one of the competitions best young forwards. Not sure that has helped us.
    It has highlighted that Naughton gets half as many frees as other big forwards
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    This is the bigger picture for Bevo. He realises nothing can be done to the match just gone. All season Naughty hasn't received his fair share of frees which I can even see on tv. Let's hope Naughty catches up with those frees in the second half of the season.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    And do you think that will change after Bevo comments?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"