Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  37
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Game Day R17 2022

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelGrip View Post
    I've tipped Melbourne tonight mainly because they have 2 decent ruckman and Cats don't. I detest the Dees but don't rate the Cats.

My preference for how the game plays out is that the heavens open and that both teams end up with about 10 fit players each. Would love to see soft tissues to Cameron, Dangerfield, Rohan, Petracca, May and Lever, and season over for Selwood, Fritsch, and Gawn.

Is that poor sportsmanship?
    Common sense to me.

2. Thanks SquirrelGrip thanked for this post
    Likes merantau, Bulldog Joe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've tipped Melbourne tonight mainly because they have 2 decent ruckman and Cats don't. I detest the Dees but don't rate the Cats.

My preference for how the game plays out is that the heavens open and that both teams end up with about 10 fit players each. Would love to see soft tissues to Cameron, Dangerfield, Rohan, Petracca, May and Lever, and season over for Selwood, Fritsch, and Gawn.

No just a nice dream.

4. Thanks SquirrelGrip thanked for this post
    Likes Bulldog Joe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Last game was a weird one, Cats up by 9 goals or something and Demons stormed home to win with Gawn kicking that goal post siren.
    Got them top spot.

Post Thanks / Like

I forgot Oliver. Season over Oliver too.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    I'm agnostic on the Demons. They beat us fair and square and if they get 2 in a row that's one less team that gets to enjoy premiership success. I know a lot of Demon supporters and they have all been fine and not at all arrogant about their success last year. Sure some of their players are annoying but there are annoying players in every opposition team.
    Nah they’re a pack of dickheads and their supporters are capo dog pigshit scum. Also you’re allowed to and probably should hate them because they belted us, leave the sportsmanship to the sportsmen.

(You’re also right about Geelong)
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

8. Likes jeemak, Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not at all. I hear you, and I’m totally on board.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

10. Thanks SquirrelGrip thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Nah they’re a pack of dickheads and their supporters are capo dog pigshit scum. Also you’re allowed to and probably should hate them because they belted us, leave the sportsmanship to the sportsmen.

(You’re also right about Geelong)
    They only beat us because the AFL made sure we were screwed with travelling.
    The Hawks game in Tassie they screwed us too.
    Everyone screwed us! The time keeper in Brisbane, The Adelaide premier, we got the shit hotels, the tennis balls stopped coming over the fence, Bevo couldn't play Tennis with Alicia... It... Was..all....rigged!

12. Likes Happy Days liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    The entire team is super arrogant. Fritsch, Lever, Gawn, Oliver, Petracca all such knobheads.

I never felt this way about the Tigers when they were winning everything.
    I still have a bit of a soft spot for the Tiges. Don’t really know why. Have never begrudged them their success. I once saw footage of Ivan Soldo picking up garbage in the rooms after the game, and they really walked the talk on multicultural recruitment. Dusty seems like a good bloke most of the time, there’s no arrogance coming off him (even if he can be a bit of a thug).

On the other hand, I read an interview with Petracca from his draft year where he straight up said he would be one of the best of all time. I could endure that until I heard that Goodwin said in January last year they they’d win it.

I like quiet confidence. I detest arrogance. What really bugs me about Melbourne is that they were arrogant before they were successful and I can’t stand that it seems deserved in retrospect. They have zero humility. Some of their fans are ok, definitely. Some are as arrogant as their team.

They definitely beat us fair and square. I just wish it wasn’t us they beat.

14. Likes Grantysghost, bornadog, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cracking game and tight contest, that injury to Oliver's hand might be telling.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Not sure how Dees were in it for so long they've been outplayed.

Post Thanks / Like

Was a dog act by Oliver, he should be cited for striking Selwood's stray boot despite being the only one going for the ball.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

18. Likes GVGjr, Grantysghost, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Too many early misses.

Dees have now given up
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Those 2 quick goals made the scoreboard respectful for them but they've been outclassed.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Jezza gone missing again in a big game.

Really like the look of both Close and Holmes for the Cats. They keep finding them.

Post Thanks / Like

Those 2 quick goals made the scoreboard respectful for them but they've been outclassed.
    31 shots to 18
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.