Thanks Thanks:  42
Likes Likes:  302
Page 16 of 40 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: North Melbourne

Post Thanks / Like

Re: North Melbourne

RATTEN TO REUNITE WITH CLARKSON IN NORTH MELBOURNE MOVE

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/11/...elbourne-move/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post

Perfect. What could go wrong with Clarkson getting the old band back together?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Perfect. What could go wrong with Clarkson getting the old band back together?
    I wonder if they confiscated mobiles?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post

Part time role is interesting. I'm glad he has landed a role.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

so has the whole treatment of indigenous players by Hawthorn just fizzled out? From the most jaw droppingly shocking expose to a meh.......... Clarkson is a legend......... Is that what happened? (I just got back from Overseas)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    so has the whole treatment of indigenous players by Hawthorn just fizzled out? From the most jaw droppingly shocking expose to a meh.......... Clarkson is a legend......... Is that what happened? (I just got back from Overseas)
    Very surprising isn't it. Just waiting on the AFL report that won't have the witnesses from the initial report to conveniently fall to find any evidence of the allegations being true.

Post Thanks / Like

‘Clarko’s Cluster’ volume two?

Is Alastair Clarkson set to initiate a new version of ‘Clarko’s Cluster’ at North Melbourne?

In his return to the coaching box after 12 months in the wilderness, it’d be silly to assume Clarkson isn’t assured of the way he wants the Kangaroos to play in 2023 and beyond.

The four-time premiership coach spent 2022 in a number of high-performance environments, including Ange Postecoglou’s Celtic, the Golden State Warriors and the Green Bay Packers.

In recent years we’ve also seen the ‘Weagles Web’, while ‘Pagan’s Paddock’ was amongst the first game plan to be coined with a flashy name.

As SEN’s Sam Edmund revealed to SEN Breakfast, early indications are Clarkson may have a new plan to break down the opposition’s defensive press.

‘Clarko’s Cluster’ was famously a Hawthorn defensive tactic to protect the middle of the ground, and while Edmund's indication is just that without the finer details, it could provide context to what fans will see in 2023.

“Alastair Clarkson at North Melbourne… what I’m hearing is the Kangaroos boys are working on a game plan called the ‘whirlpool’,” Edmund revealed.

“Now as best I can tell, it centres on how they bring the ball out of the back half of the ground. They’re confronted as they’re coming out (of defence), whether it be Aaron Hall or Tarryn Thomas or any of their runners, with the defensive grid of the other team.

“It’s an old-fashioned switching of the play, but switching of the play back and forth to unsettle the defensive grid, hence the whirlpool nature of the ball movement.

“It’s all around – and this would be simplifying it massively – how they come out of their back half at Melbourne.

“Maybe the ‘Whirlpool’ might be one to look out for.”

Clarkson comes to Ardern Street after 17 seasons as Hawthorn left him with the reputation as the greatest coach of the modern era.

In footage published by North Melbourne, the 54-year-old told players on his first day: “We’re searching for players that can play in an AFL premiership team.

“There’s a lot of blokes capable of playing league footy and there’s a lot of them that will get that opportunity – they can play, but can they play at the highest level on the last day in September and be part of a team that holds the silverware at the end of the day.”

New skipper Luke McDonald recently told SEN the Kangaroos were buying into what Clarkson was putting down.

“The energy that Clarko has brought in since he’s got here with his new acquisitions has just been unbelievable,” McDonald told SEN Breakfast.

“All of the boys and the whole club has really bought in.”

Ahead of the 2023 season, the Kangaroos appear the most settled off-field as they’ve been in years. Todd Viney came in with Clarkson as the club’s GM of footy, Sonja Hood has made her presence felt as president, while Jennifer Watt was appointed as CEO late last year.

The club claimed last year’s wooden spoon with two wins, yet optimism has increased following Clarkson’s appointment.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    ‘Clarko’s Cluster’ volume two?

“Alastair Clarkson at North Melbourne… what I’m hearing is the Kangaroos boys are working on a game plan called the ‘whirlpool’,” Edmund revealed.

“Now as best I can tell, it centres on how they bring the ball out of the back half of the ground. They’re confronted as they’re coming out (of defence), whether it be Aaron Hall or Tarryn Thomas or any of their runners, with the defensive grid of the other team.

“It’s an old-fashioned switching of the play, but switching of the play back and forth to unsettle the defensive grid, hence the whirlpool nature of the ball movement.

“It’s all around – and this would be simplifying it massively – how they come out of their back half at Melbourne.
    So this requires disciplined positioning and accurate disposal by a bottom 3 team.

What could possibly go wrong?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

9. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Multiple women have detailed allegations to the AFL of threats and harassment by Tarryn Thomas

Multiple women have detailed allegations to the AFL of harassment and threatening and intimidating behaviour by North Melbourne star Tarryn Thomas.

At least one of the women has been provided with a psychologist by the league after being hospitalised as a result of an incident last year.

The AFL said the behaviour alleged to them was “family violence” and offered to facilitate meetings with detectives from a family violence investigation unit.

Thomas, 22, has faced no disciplinary action from the league or his club over his alleged conduct.

He was charged this month with threatening to distribute an intimate image following a three-month police investigation involving another woman.

Allegations against Thomas detailed to the AFL integrity unit include:

● Telling a woman he wanted to beat her and calling her names such as “a slut”.

● Throwing a lamp at a woman in a hotel room.

● Sending threatening text messages, declaring “your time is coming” and that he was “going to bash” a woman’s friend.

● A verbal and physical altercation at a Prahran nightclub.

The AFL integrity department informed one of the women last July that the behaviour alleged to them was “not acceptable”.

In a flurry of text messages, Thomas tells a woman: “You’re a f —king joke … keep talking sh-t … sh-t going to come around soon … your turn will come … sh-t is going to go down … I’m not a n---- to be f —ked with.”

Another woman claimed of Thomas in a text to friends last year: “I’m too scared … i know he’s gonna kill me”.

Another victim has detailed how Thomas sent intimate pictures he had taken of her to others.

Two of the women have expressed disappointment at the AFL’s handling of their complaints.

One victim told the Herald Sun: “It’s discouraging to see that the AFL and North Melbourne are aware how many women have (made allegations against Tarryn), yet it is still being overlooked.

“It feels as though Tarryn is untouchable and the women he has affected have been silenced, due to fear and power imbalance. The women affected have been offered counselling sessions by the AFL which just feels like an attempt to keep us at bay by making us feel like they care and are supporting us so we are less inclined to speak up.

“Tarryn is being treated like he has committed a white-collar crime but there is nothing white-collar about threatening, intimidating, abusing, assaulting and stalking multiple women. This makes me feel like he is untouchable and on a pedestal and I question whether this would be the same had it been a different player or team”.

The AFL reached out to several of the women on Monday after the Herald Sun put questions to the league about Thomas’ alleged conduct.

The move caused further distress to one victim who claimed: “The AFL just protect their own, they don’t care. I’m over it.

“Tarryn hasn’t had a ban or fine or taken a pay cut, hasn’t put out any public statements, hasn’t made any public or personal apologies, North Melbourne haven’t done any of that either. All they did was cover up for him all year last year while he played VFL because he was too busy partying, stalking girls, threatening us and going to court. They covered it all up.

“He’s psychologically traumatised me for the rest of my life. I’m in so much treatment to work through the damage he’s caused”.

An AFL spokesperson said on Tuesday: “Any allegation of threats of violence against women is unacceptable and is behaviour that the AFL takes extremely seriously. The AFL has worked with Victoria Police regarding North Melbourne player Tarryn Thomas and after receiving some new information put to us by the Herald Sun, the AFL reached out directly to those persons known to us.

“The AFL has offered and will continue to provide wellbeing support to any person who has come forward with an allegation.

“The AFL has investigated all formal complaints where appropriate and where there have been allegations of criminal behaviour have facilitated contact with Victoria Police who are the most appropriate body to investigate allegations of that nature.

“Tarryn Thomas is currently the subject of criminal charges over a reported incident and while that matter is yet to be finalised in court, the AFL will continue to work with NMFC and Victoria Police and will monitor the outcome of the police action.”

The Herald Sun is not suggesting the allegations against Thomas are true, only that they have been made.

North Melbourne declined to comment.

Thomas, drafted at pick eight in the 2018 AFL draft, is regarded as one of North’s most promising players.

Post Thanks / Like

Career ending, season ending, or swept under the rug? Unbelievable that he has had no disciplinary action.

I am not suggesting the allegations against Thomas are true, only that they have been made.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Career ending, season ending, or swept under the rug? Unbelievable that he has had no disciplinary action.

I am not suggesting the allegations against Thomas are true, only that they have been made.
    They've already killed all claims at caring about anything aside from on field success with bringing Clarkson back. May as well go the whole hog.

13. Likes Bulldog4life, lemmon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Clarko will sort him out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Take his mobile?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

16. Likes hujsh, soupman, MrMahatma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Fagan is already on his way.

18. Likes hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Crikey
    "It's over. It's all over."