Thanks Thanks:  49
Likes Likes:  319
Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 313233343536373839404142 LastLast

Thread: North Melbourne

Post Thanks / Like

Re: North Melbourne

"Name them. Which presidents want a 100-year-old club not to exist?"

- James Brayshaw's reaction to some commentary around North Melbourne's future.

https://x.com/7AFL/status/1785640578123719096

Post Thanks / Like

No only are North struggling on the field they've got significant challenges with club sponsors.
    No sponsors on their shorts and they're discounting other club sponsorships options to try and entice some businesses to sign on.

The AFL giving them some draft picks won't mount to much so I'd expect some financial assistance somewhere down the track.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

They're still not even competitive.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    No only are North struggling on the field they've got significant challenges with club sponsors.
    No sponsors on their shorts and they're discounting other club sponsorships options to try and entice some businesses to sign on.

The AFL giving them some draft picks won't mount to much so I'd expect some financial assistance somewhere down the track.
    There are so many off field inequities they can never bottom out like they have.

Post Thanks / Like

Watching Norf repeatedly churn out uncompetitive performances, I have absolutely zero sympathy. Deserve everything they get for their dumb planning (or lack of).

What irritates me is that they keep Good Friday. They could have asked to keep the fixture with us too, but instead went chasing limelight to get Carlton in the mix. Screw these pricks.

While I'm at it, where was our invisible President in all of this? Said nothing. Some of our supporters can claim that Good Friday doesnt matter, but it remains a standalone fixture and we WANTED it, had it, then lost it without giving a yelp.

Piss weak by KWW and I wish she'd piss off back to Disney.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

The North CEO emailed all other 17 clubs with an outline of the fact TT undertook FOUR behavioural change courses and nothing worked right up to threatening a woman again.

Sounds like they’re proactively warning the 17 clubs about the risk of recruiting him.

But I’m sure Geelong’s culture will change him…..

So does the AFEL just make a token gesture like last round or act to make sure he doesn’t return to league such that his former employer is warning everyone.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

7. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    The North CEO emailed all other 17 clubs with an outline of the fact TT undertook FOUR behavioural change courses and nothing worked right up to threatening a woman again.
    It's amazing how silent the usual media cowards were throughout the entire Tarryn Thomas saga, but how frothed at the mouth they were when De Goey had a juvenile but fully consensual moment with his female friend at a bar in Bali. Nothing but tumbleweeds from the likes of Andy Maher, RoCo and Caro for 2 years over Thomas. And then RoCo has the gall to get on his high-horse for some "me me me time" and hijack the violence against women issue at the start of Craig McCrae's post-match presser last weekend.

These low-rent scribes are truly garbage humans. Fancy being conditional on violence against women depending on what the perpetrator looks like and whether or not they fit the description of the prescribed narrative.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

9. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Watching Norf repeatedly churn out uncompetitive performances, I have absolutely zero sympathy. Deserve everything they get for their dumb planning (or lack of).
    2023 Draft - 2 in the top 4 and 5 in the first 23
    2022 Draft - Pick 3 + 4, Pick 26 and a Father Son.
    2021 Draft - Pick 1, 3 between 20 and 40 and a Father son.
    2020 Draft - Pick 3 and 13.

They have talent on their list. All the comments about their list are just not true...they are set up for a quick turnaround if they can get the off-field right. Unfortunately they chose to chase down Clarkson to coach - which seemed fatally flawed from the start (though I would have to admit they probably HAD to do it once he made his interest known) - rather than surrounding the players with development resources.

They can and should be a lot better and - with no disrespect to all concerned - the continual 'blaming' of the Brad Scott regime for what happened is just tired reporting. He hasn't been there since 2019.

I do feel sorry for the North supporters. They are like us and don't deserve what has happened...
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

11. Likes Mofra, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post

They have talent on their list. All the comments about their list are just not true...they are set up for a quick turnaround if they can get the off-field right. Unfortunately they chose to chase down Clarkson to coach - which seemed fatally flawed from the start (though I would have to admit they probably HAD to do it once he made his interest known) - rather than surrounding the players with development resources.

They can and should be a lot better and - with no disrespect to all concerned - the continual 'blaming' of the Brad Scott regime for what happened is just tired reporting. He hasn't been there since 2019.

I do feel sorry for the North supporters. They are like us and don't deserve what has happened...
    Also, off field they are debt free. I don't know about the development stuff
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post

Sounds like they’re proactively warning the 17 clubs about the risk of recruiting him.

But I’m sure Geelong’s culture will change him…..

So does the AFEL just make a token gesture like last round or act to make sure he doesn’t return to league such that his former employer is warning everyone.
    IIRC AFL player contacts have to be approved by the AFL prior to taking effect. They still hold effective veto to a return to playing.
    If they're serious, he'd want to show some serious behavioral changes before they'd even consider letting him play again
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

14. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Screw those guys.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Brad Scott's fault. It's probaby Rhyce Shaw's fault! Let's blame them both.

Actually screw Norf they are a bunch of flogs. I've hated them since that Barry Hall game. Can we merge them into outer space?

Post Thanks / Like

It is being reported by channel 7 that Tarryn Thomas is being investigated again for harassment by the police.

If proven correct, will Brad Scott "triple" down in his support?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    It is being reported by channel 7 that Tarryn Thomas is being investigated again for harassment by the police.

If proven correct, will Brad Scott "triple" down in his support?
    Chris Scott too. The Geelong culture will fix him…

At some point, just walk away and let him deal with the hole he dug for himself.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Never mind Essendon will take him. The have just the right culture to turn him around or so Dunks said and then bailed on them.