Thanks Thanks:  42
Likes Likes:  302
Page 22 of 40 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: North Melbourne

Post Thanks / Like

Re: North Melbourne

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    North - did they go early?
    They let go of the first pick of the draft and then bid on Ashcroft so it was important that they got the signature so quickly. Lets see if the chase the injured Wardlaw so quickly or wait until he shows a bit. There is no way North signed him just because of his efforts in the first game.

Post Thanks / Like

In more trouble? I wonder what North will do. Click below for full story

NORTH MELBOURNE'S THOMAS FACING NEW ALLEGATIONS AROUND BEHAVIOUR TOWARDS WOMEN

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    In more trouble? I wonder what North will do. Click below for full story

NORTH MELBOURNE'S THOMAS FACING NEW ALLEGATIONS AROUND BEHAVIOUR TOWARDS WOMEN
    It's eventually going to have to be dealt with but the longer this drags on North will never get back on track.
    If he was a lesser player he'd be gone.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to seeing Caro on Footy Classified tonight cover this story in even more depth than she did the one-off consentual De Goey incident lol
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

5. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Looking forward to seeing Caro tonight cover this story in even more depth than she did the one-off consentual De Goey incident lol
    When she says it's a bad look for the women in the AFL just remember she also is a bit support of Tom Morris being given a 2nd chance. She will no doubt go hard at North and look for opportunities to give Clarko a whack.

7. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to seeing Caro on Footy Classified tonight cover this story in even more depth than she did the one-off consentual De Goey incident lol
    My enjoyment of this rehash is approaching pork barrel park levels
    "It's over. It's all over."

9. Thanks Sedat thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

North have stood down Thomas again. He really is ruining his career by being a dick.

North Melbourne midfielder Tarryn Thomas has again been stood down indefinitely by the club, this time for failing to meet required standards of improvement in his respect and responsibility education program.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

It's unclear if the threatening text messages in question are old and just emerging now or something he has done since all this behaviour came to light. If it's the latter he really doesn't get it and he might find himself out of a job.

Post Thanks / Like

Rightfully so. We can only make of what is pt in front of us yeah? De Goey gropes a woman in Bali she comes out and says the backlash is nonsense. She was probably paid to say that by Collingwood but that's heresay yeah? Yeah he was a dick.

The allegations against Thomas are far more damning and concerning. Threatening women with violence, allegedly putting a former partner in hospital, leaving a plethora of intimidating text messages across a number of mobile phones with multiple women involved.

Not sure what you're getting at. I have no love for Caro but she went hard at De Goey and should go harder at Thomas.

The Tom Morris support is contradictory to her supposed stance but even those comments pale in comparison to Thomas' alleged actions. Thomas has basically repeatedly threatened to kill at least two women.

The way I see it.

DeGoey is a testosterone-fueled meathead

Morris is an arrogant private school boy with a sense of entitlement

Thomas has psychological problems and seems to have anger management issues. He's a menace to society. His former partner allegedly went to hospital to treat facial wounds suffered from an encounter with him. She text friends and made a statement to Victoria Police stating she feared for her life and that 'he is going to kill me'. Sending another round of text messages to a completely different woman telling her she was a 'slut' and he's going to 'beat her up' really goes waaaaaaaay beyond the sexist shit that came out of De Goey's actions or Morris' mouth. Now a fresh round of allegations agsinst Thomas have surfaced.

Not sure why Caro wouldn't go hard at him and how the De Goey / Morris incidents can even form a benchmark for hers or anyone elses response to this.

I dunno, maybe it's just me.

13. Likes bornadog, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Rightfully so. We can only make of what is pt in front of us yeah? De Goey gropes a woman in Bali she comes out and says the backlash is nonsense. She was probably paid to say that by Collingwood but that's heresay yeah? Yeah he was a dick.

The allegations against Thomas are far more damning and concerning. Threatening women with violence, allegedly putting a former partner in hospital, leaving a plethora of intimidating text messages across a number of mobile phones with multiple women involved.

Not sure what you're getting at. I have no love for Caro but she went hard at De Goey and should go harder at Thomas.

The Tom Morris support is contradictory to her supposed stance but even those comments pale in comparison to Thomas' alleged actions. Thomas has basically repeatedly threatened to kill at least two women.

The way I see it.

Thomas has psychological problems and seems to have anger management issues. He's a menace to society. His former partner allegedly went to hospital to treat facial wounds suffered from an encounter with him. She text friends and made a statement to Victoria Police stating she feared for her life and that 'he is going to kill me'. Sending another round of text messages to a completely different woman telling her she was a 'slut' and he's going to 'beat her up' really goes waaaaaaaay beyond the sexist shit that came out of De Goey's actions or Morris' mouth. Now a fresh round of allegations agsinst Thomas have surfaced.

Not sure why Caro wouldn't go hard at him and how the De Goey / Morris incidents can even form a benchmark for hers or anyone elses response to this.
    I think sedat was implying that Thomas doesn't get as many clicks as De Goey, so Caro won't talk about it as much.

Hopefully there is no doubt in anyone's mind that Thomas' actions were more serious and deserve a stronger response.

15. Thanks Sedat thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

She'll go hard on him and North and she should.

17. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post

The way I see it.

I dunno, maybe it's just me.
    Great Post mate, well summed up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    I think sedat was implying that Thomas doesn't get as many clicks as De Goey, so Caro won't talk about it as much.

Hopefully there is no doubt in anyone's mind that Thomas' actions were more serious and deserve a stronger response.
    That's the jist of it. She is a coward, and a hypocritical one at that. She hasn't yet and likely won't "go hard" on Thomas - she will go hard on North and on Clarkson though, just as she did on De Goey. I have absolutely zero respect for hypocrites who espouse such flagrant double-standards. Different topic, but what she did to the heavily pregnant partners of Tim Membrey and Seb Ross was as disgusting a display from an AFEL journo that I can remember in a long time - she is no beacon for women's rights, that is certain.

I have already said a number of times previously that what De Goey did was tacky and tasteless. He's no victim. I simply expect much greater scrutiny and media reporting on Thomas and his disturbing, multiple allegations over a one-off tacky and tasteless incident (or Clarko's poor choice of words to the reporter for that matter). Thomas has gotten off incredibly lightly thus far commensurate with the extent of his multiple and serious allegations - it's actually laughable how little in-depth reporting there has been on this when you consider the gravity and extent of his alleged behaviour. The media buried this story for almost 6 months before being forced to start talking about it only when it became public that the police got involved.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

On a side not does anyone know if Morris started on crunch time last week? Nothing was mentioned on social media and I was never going to listen to it.

Post Thanks / Like

That's the jist of it. She is a coward, and a hypocritical one at that. She hasn't yet and likely won't "go hard" on Thomas - she will go hard on North and on Clarkson though, just as she did on De Goey. I have absolutely zero respect for hypocrites who espouse such flagrant double-standards. Different topic, but what she did to the heavily pregnant partners of Tim Membrey and Seb Ross was as disgusting a display from an AFEL journo that I can remember in a long time - she is no beacon for women's rights, that is certain.

I have already said a number of times previously that what De Goey did was tacky and tasteless. He's no victim. I simply expect much greater scrutiny and media reporting on Thomas and his disturbing, multiple allegations over a one-off tacky and tasteless incident (or Clarko's poor choice of words to the reporter for that matter). Thomas has gotten off incredibly lightly thus far commensurate with the extent of his multiple and serious allegations - it's actually laughable how little in-depth reporting there has been on this when you consider the gravity and extent of his alleged behaviour. The media buried this story for almost 6 months before being forced to start talking about it only when it became public that the police got involved.
    Also disappointing how soft North seem to have been.

As shit as they have been on field I had a bit of respect for their moral stance off field, chiefly relating to pokies but they did project very much a "we are a club that believes in good causes" thing.

Both the Thomas thing and the Clarkson thing have been two things I was hoping and almost expecting them to be super accountable for and take decisive action to send a strong message even if it did hurt themselves, but they've been lame at best on both occasions.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

22. Likes hujsh, bornadog liked this post