Thanks Thanks:  43
Likes Likes:  307
Page 18 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: North Melbourne

Post Thanks / Like

Re: North Melbourne

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post

Robbo wrote a piece on the differences between the sanctions placed on DeGoey and the slow response to addressing the complaints with Thomas and I think it's a point well made by Robbo.
    De Goey is an easy target...
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    From Twitter

North Melbourne FC @NMFCOfficial

Tarryn Thomas will take time away from the club, after the AFL's integrity unit informed North Melbourne of a new allegation of inappropriate behaviour.
    More like the media exposing his behaviour means the club can't keep him there as if nothing is wrong.

In almost every other workplace, employees are stood down from duties while such serious allegations are investigated. North tried to avoid this simply because the bloke can play.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    More like the media exposing his behaviour means the club can't keep him there as if nothing is wrong.

In almost every other workplace, employees are stood down from duties while such serious allegations are investigated. North tried to avoid this simply because the bloke can play.
    I'm not defending North (or Thomas) but I think there's more too it here. They didn't stand him down because they are trying/were trying to keep him fit for the season...I honestly believe they kept him engaged because being at the club, around his friends and having something to actually 'DO' was the best thing for him.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    I'm not defending North (or Thomas) but I think there's more too it here. They didn't stand him down because they are trying/were trying to keep him fit for the season...I honestly believe they kept him engaged because being at the club, around his friends and having something to actually 'DO' was the best thing for him.
    If that is the case, it clearly hasn't worked... and these are incidents that have occurred over months, not just recently.
    One strike - ok, but many incidents over a period of time suggests a deeper problem and a suspension from club activities and a more 'full time' approach to rehab is a better option (not to mention, there are victims to be concerned about here moreso than TT).
    Plenty of players have had to take time away from a club and have come back better for it (e.g. Libba's incident years ago).

Given the nature of the latest allegations and the fact North only did 'something' after media attention, I'm not sure I can give north the benefit of the doubt in this instance.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

5. Likes hujsh, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The President (Sonja Hood) has just been diagnosed with breast cancer. (reported on the AFL website)
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

I’m pretty sure the moment Wayne Carey went into that toilet he opened up an inter dimensional portal where North Melbourne is eternally cursed.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Angry ant can't help himself

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

How unprofessional for a senior coach to have a go at a journalist
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

10. Thanks chef thanked for this post
    Likes bornadog, EasternWest, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Gutter journalism.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    Gutter journalism.
    Really? I don't think this is on

Abused the journo (a lady from Ch9) on the day she was there to cover the Thomas story. Told her her day would come, the same words that Thomas used to threaten the lady that put a complaint in against him

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    How unprofessional for a senior coach to have a go at a journalist
    It's all degrees, isn't it. Bevo attacked Morris and a lot of us were quite happy to see our coach so invested in our club and passonately defending it in public (if a little clumsily).

Sounds like Clarkson used stronger language, and he should have been better than that, but scribes don't exactly encourage mutual respect with their conduct. Has Caro ever apologised to the partners of Tim Membrey and Seb Ross for her utterly disgusting attack on them for having the gall to give birth during hub life? That sort of clinical, calculated garbage is far more destructive than what Clarko (or Bevo) said to one journo in a heated moment.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

14. Likes Stevo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Clarko is a bonafide nut job. Probably should be a CEO.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    It's all degrees, isn't it. Bevo attacked Morris and a lot of us were quite happy to see our coach so invested in our club and passionately defending it in public (if a little clumsily).

Sounds like Clarkson used stronger language,
    This issue is way different than the Bevo one.

Thomas has been charged by Police over various matters in regards to harassing a woman. Clarko should know better than also harassing a woman with the same words used by Thomas.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    This issue is way different than the Bevo one.

Thomas has been charged by Police over various matters in regards to harassing a woman. Clarko should know better than also harassing a woman with the same words used by Thomas.
    How is it different and what has Thomas' charges got to do with anything? Clarko attacked a scribe, Bevo did exactly the same thing - actually Bevo's was technically worse because his attack was far more public.

The only difference is in degrees. I already said Clarko should have been better with the language he chose and he has duly apologised. Do we know what the scribe said initially? What if they attacked Clarko first with inflammatory language? Would be nice to know the full story.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

18. Likes Stevo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see this as much of an issue. It has been dealt with and the " your time will come" was the comment that she has accepted his clarification of.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

20. Likes Sedat liked this post