Thanks Thanks:  43
Likes Likes:  307
Page 20 of 40 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: North Melbourne

Post Thanks / Like

Re: North Melbourne

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Really? I don't think this is on
    Was joshing based on the words Bevo used

2. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    GG, you can and should disagree with me whenever you feel - life would be duller than Dunks' insta feed without healthy debate and differences of opinion.

I did say earlier in the thread his language was too strong and he should have apologised, which he duly did. Would be nice to know what the reporter said to him initially - that informtion never seems to be available in these stories for some reason.

Would the words be considered too stong if it was directed at a Robbo or a Barrett? Is this Elizabeth Moss mysoginistically assumed to be a caricature of a "damsel in distress" who cannot hold her own in a confrontation with a senior coach?

This story is a nothing burger IMO.
    Perfectly summed up.

4. Thanks Sedat thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know why, but it appears that some posters here have been more vocal against Clarkson's one-off remark at this journo, citing potential to incite violence and intimidation against women, than the actual violence and intimidation against multiple women perpetrated by Tarryn Thomas over a sustained period of time.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Both are valid. Tarryn has taken a fair whack here and elsewhere. I guess you don't have to be a woman or committed to capacity building women in the AFL to understand, but I'm sure it would help.

7. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Both are valid. Tarryn has taken a fair whack here and elsewhere. I guess you don't have to be a woman or committed to capacity building women in the AFL to understand, but I'm sure it would help.
    yep post 234 onwards
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Has he really? The story was buried for months, then a small section of the media reluctantly started reporting on it (with a large number of notable AFEL media cowards remaining silent), and the story has since blown over very quickly. His (allegedly) appalling, predatory conduct and inexcusable behaviour is worthy of far more scrutiny and commentary than it has actually received IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Has he really? The story was buried for months, then a small section of the media reluctantly started reporting on it (with a large number of notable AFEL media cowards remaining silent), and the story has since blown over very quickly. His (allegedly) appalling, predatory conduct and inexcusable behaviour is worthy of far more scrutiny and commentary than it has actually received IMO.
    I absolutely agree with you. That said I don't think it means posters here can't also comment on Clarkson's behaviour since we don't have any influence on what the media decides to cover or not. I don't want to go back and check but I suspect no one being harsh towards Clarkson was also being soft on Thomas. I do remember the suggestion Thomas needs support from mjp but I don't see him commenting on Clarkson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    I absolutely agree with you. That said I don't think it means posters here can't also comment on Clarkson's behaviour since we don't have any influence on what the media decides to cover or not. I don't want to go back and check but I suspect no one being harsh towards Clarkson was also being soft on Thomas. I do remember the suggestion Thomas needs support from mjp but I don't see him commenting on Clarkson
    Agree 100%.

Certain AFEL Media types have definitely gone quiet on Thomas, in particular the extent of his alleged offences against many women over the course of many months. Cowards (but not as cowardly as Thomas).

Clarkson face-to-face apologised to the reporter, who accepted it. Neither she nor her employer amplified this story because IMO there really isn't much of a story (and they agreed). Unfortunately others in AFEL media land have hyped this up for some clicks. No doubt the same people who have stayed silent on the Thomas story and of course were screaming from the rooftops during the De Goey story last year. And no doubt the same media types who screamed loudest during the Manly Sea Eagles players declining to wear the pride jumper last year but staying completely silent when the GWS AFLW player (2 years in a row) did exactly the same thing.

The AFEL media types who display this brazen and obvious hypocrisy do not deserve to be taken seriously on anything they ever talk about. Sorry, gone off on a tangent - I have absolutely zero tolerance for hypocrisy which is why I have largely disengaged and rarely consume AFEL or any other traditional media. When values and morals are substitutional depending on the people involved, the values and morals become utterly meaningless IMO.

12. Likes hujsh, Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I love it how Carro can still be attacking North and Clarko for his comments to the channel 9 journo but also sing the praises of Tom Morris all on the same show. I hope she never changes.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

14. Likes Sedat, 1eyedog, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I love it how Carro can still be attacking North and Clarko for his comments to the channel 9 journo but also sing the praises of Tom Morris all on the same show. I hope she never changes.
    Did she actually call out Sonja Hood for not being more present? Couldn’t believe what I was hearing.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I didn't see the show but given she works for SEN and Morris made his return on her podcast (on SEN), well...

Self interest > Everything.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

17. Likes Sedat, The Bulldogs Bite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Did she actually call out Sonja Hood for not being more present? Couldn’t believe what I was hearing.
    AFL media is competing with political media to see who can be the lowest life form on earth.
    They are both trying to go lower than the last PM which would be an extraordinary achievement.
    Bring back the biff

19. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    I didn't see the show but given she works for SEN and Morris made his return on her podcast (on SEN), well...

If she didn't have double-standards she wouldn't have any standards at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post

She's an AW caller so not linked to SEN except for the occasional interview but she has admitted to being mates with Morris.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Not really, she acknowledged the challenge Hood is going through but she's not letting go of Clarko's comments and is holding the club accountable.