Thanks Thanks:  43
Likes Likes:  307
Page 27 of 40 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: North Melbourne

Post Thanks / Like

Re: North Melbourne

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    So they have no good players, terrible facilities, sell four of their home games and have the money faucet turned on from the AFL?

They’d want to make money, not like the money they bring in is getting spent on anything.
    Their facilities aren't terrible are they?

https://static.wixstatic.com/media/2...ba97edf000.jpg
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post

Personally I feel a lot better if we can just trust Happy Days and agree their facilities are terrible.

Post Thanks / Like

You gotta know by now that I shoot first and ask questions later.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

4. Likes GVGjr, jeemak, EasternWest, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    You gotta know by now that I shoot first and ask questions later.
    I'd bet Bevo would have loved those facilities over the last 18 months to 2 years.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks very 1980s from outside . I guess it’s to fit in with all the old red brick factories near by .
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Xander McGuire
    @xandermcg9
    ?
    58m
    Exclusive: NM star Tarryn Thomas will be summoned to AFL House tomorrow to be questioned re fresh allegations of domestic violence that were brought to the league. Story developing. @9NewsMelb @FootyonNine

Post Thanks / Like

Xander McGuire
    @xandermcg9
    ?
    58m
    Exclusive: NM star Tarryn Thomas will be summoned to AFL House tomorrow to be questioned re fresh allegations of domestic violence that were brought to the league. Story developing. @9NewsMelb @FootyonNine
    Again - I always want to offer support and don't believe suspension is always the answer...but something needs to be done now.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

So North didn’t know about it ?
    How many chances ?
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Again - I always want to offer support and don't believe suspension is always the answer...but something needs to be done now.
    A lot of players get an incredible amount of support from their clubs but if the allegations have merit he might have passed the point of no return.

Post Thanks / Like

If true...

Forget Thomas, clearly a prick. His partner needs support and needs to get the heck out of dodge.

How his teammates, coaches let this slide and accept him back into there club is quite frankly a joke and embarrassing.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

12. Likes lemmon, Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    If true...

Forget Thomas, clearly a prick. His partner needs support and needs to get the heck out of dodge.

How his teammates, coaches let this slide and accept him back into there club is quite frankly a joke and embarrassing.
    They set the precedent with Clarkson on what they prioritise. If you can contribute to the club's success it doens't matter what you've done, it will be left to other to determine if you should be in the position you're in and the club will back you in. I can imagine scenarios where that could be a good thing but so far we've only really seen the bad side of this

14. Likes Grantysghost, lemmon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thomas should have never gotten a second chance and Cooper Harvey should have never gotten a chance to begin with. Did Harvey embody the Shinboner spirit when he sexually assaulted a drunk teenager at a party and sent the video to all of his friends?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Testekill View Post
    Thomas should have never gotten a second chance and Cooper Harvey should have never gotten a chance to begin with. Did Harvey embody the Shinboner spirit when he sexually assaulted a drunk teenager at a party and sent the video to all of his friends?
    Well two teams now have internal player problems Melbourne and North, be interesting to see how they go this year.
    We as bulldog supporters know how one or two players actions can upset a whole team.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    They set the precedent with Clarkson on what they prioritise.
    I totally get this and STILL say that Fagan and Clarkson should have been stood down...but I totally get where North were coming from with the Clarkson hire. At some point they are a footy club and need to prioritise winning some actual games...their supporters were pushing hard for Clarkson because they want some hope so...

BUT this situation with Thomas has been going for too long.

As for the situation with Harvey - yes, you are correct there should have been stronger action...but he was also a teenager and dumb teenagers do dumb things...he - in this instance - needs education.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    I totally get this and STILL say that Fagan and Clarkson should have been stood down...but I totally get where North were coming from with the Clarkson hire. At some point they are a footy club and need to prioritise winning some actual games...their supporters were pushing hard for Clarkson because they want some hope so...

BUT this situation with Thomas has been going for too long.

As for the situation with Harvey - yes, you are correct there should have been stronger action...but he was also a teenager and dumb teenagers do dumb things...he - in this instance - needs education.
    I actually am unfamiliar with the Harvey incident. I've probably read something on it but I don't remember anymore.

I don't begrudge them hiring Clarkson but once they learned about what he was doing at the Hawks they had a choice to make and they made it. Like you say they're desperate to win some games after so long. I do wonder if this foundation may be a bit too rotten to lead to success (or sustained success which should be the goal) but then again the world of sport is known for rewarding unsavory characters so maybe it'll work out