Thanks Thanks:  42
Likes Likes:  302
Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: North Melbourne

Post Thanks / Like

Re: North Melbourne

What is the body language issues with JHF? I haven’t gone looking for it but if I was a North supporter I’d be pretty annoyed at the media taking cheap shots at an 18 year old in his first season. As dog fans we’ve gone through this with Tom Boyd and now we are going through it with JUH.

For mine north have been let down by their senior core group. Ziebal, McKay, Goldstein, Corr, Anderson, McDonald, Greenwood. They are just not up to it and it’s being left to the younger developing players.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

It's certainly a long way back. They almost need to treat it like a new club and get the mix of youth and experience right - stop the floggings, and also accept that this is going to take 5+ years to get right. I think they'll struggle to keep top end talent.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    What is the body language issues with JHF? I haven’t gone looking for it but if I was a North supporter I’d be pretty annoyed at the media taking cheap shots at an 18 year old in his first season. As dog fans we’ve gone through this with Tom Boyd and now we are going through it with JUH.

For mine north have been let down by their senior core group. Ziebal, McKay, Goldstein, Corr, Anderson, McDonald, Greenwood. They are just not up to it and it’s being left to the younger developing players.
    Their senior group have been poor no doubt. JHF just spectates at times and lacks intensity.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

4. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    It's certainly a long way back. They almost need to treat it like a new club and get the mix of youth and experience right - stop the floggings, and also accept that this is going to take 5+ years to get right. I think they'll struggle to keep top end talent.
    Even though they say the reason was money, this reeks of the Fitzroy demise and subsequent merger with Brisbane. The sceptic in me thinks this will be a method of moving North to Tasmania
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post

It mainly centred on JHF walking away and showing no respect to Goldstein, a champion player for North, as he was trying to explain something to him. Also his 2nd and 3rd efforts were poor. Commentators calling it as it was. I noticed the same things. Plus strangely on Social media he liked a tweet that suggested he be traded to Adelaide. Unusual to say the least.

7. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

David King has been strong on JHF. I respect him as an analyst, and if he's saying it's a real problem, I tend to agree.

This kid isn't endearing himself to North. While I am no fan of Norf, it would be brutal if he requested a trade but it's looking like they might be better off without the kid.
    W00F!

9. Likes Scraggers liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    David King has been strong on JHF. I respect him as an analyst, and if he's saying it's a real problem, I tend to agree.

This kid isn't endearing himself to North. While I am no fan of Norf, it would be brutal if he requested a trade but it's looking like they might be better off without the kid.
    He looked so impressive last year, a real lock for the #1 pick but it looks like he hasn't settled in. Both Adelaide and Port will be looking at ways to get him back into SA.
    I believe Adelaide are very confident they have Jack Lukosius ready to return so it could be a lot harder for them to land JHF

Perhaps Butters and a couple of picks by Port might get the deal done.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    He looked so impressive last year, a real lock for the #1 pick but it looks like he hasn't settled in. Both Adelaide and Port will be looking at ways to get him back into SA.
    I believe Adelaide are very confident they have Jack Lukosius ready to return so it could be a lot harder for them to land JHF

I wouldn’t do that if I was Port’s list manager. Butters is a jet.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post

I can't see Butters agreeing to go to North. In fact I can't see many agreeing to go to North
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I wouldn’t do that if I was Port’s list manager. Butters is a jet.
    It's something that North need to consider and if Butters is happy over in SA then I'd imagine Port would be keen to keep him.

Horne-Francis is a great prospect and Port would need to come up with a player not just draft picks to get him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    I can't see Butters agreeing to go to North. In fact I can't see many agreeing to go to North
    It's a hard sell no doubt, money might be the only thing that lures players there.

Post Thanks / Like

Dunkley to North, we'll take Butters (childhood dogs fan wasn't he?) and Port can have JHF. Add in picks as needed to balance it out. List management is easy.

16. Likes Grantysghost, azabob, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I reckon Norf would be better off getting rid of the number one who doesn't want to be there as quickly as possible and orchestrating a trade that can bring in some maturity around the footy and in one or two other places now.

They're seriously *!*!*!*!ed at the moment, and some good players in the 23-27 year old bracket on good money will be better for them than keeping a kid who doesn't want to be there.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

18. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

And I wouldn't under normal circumstances suggest that, but, they're genuinely *!*!*!*!ed at the moment.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

20. Likes The Bulldogs Bite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    And I wouldn't under normal circumstances suggest that, but, they're genuinely *!*!*!*!ed at the moment.
    Yep, how the hell did they get themselves to this point!?
    W00F!