Thanks Thanks:  48
Likes Likes:  309
Page 32 of 40 FirstFirst ... 22232425262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast

Thread: North Melbourne

Post Thanks / Like

Re: North Melbourne

But their coach can say - you'll get yours to a female reporter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    But their coach can say - you'll get yours to a female reporter.
    This is the direction you're choosing to dig this particular hole now?

3. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    This is the direction you're choosing to dig this particular hole now?
    Gold.

No both cretins. Just amazing what you can get away with if you're in power.

5. Likes bornadog, hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    'Would do again': Tarryn Thomas' shocking text messages exposed

Damning texts sent by Tarryn Thomas have emerged on social media as the AFL is set to hand down sanctions to the North Melbourne player over fresh allegations of domestic violence.

A screenshot of a message, circulating on Instagram and obtained by the Herald Sun, showed Thomas speaking about abusing women.

?And for them girls I abuse I would do again,? he wrote to a woman.

?After what they did to me if you do me wrong I will let you have it.?

It comes as a source close to another woman, who was previously linked to Thomas, detailed his allegedly abusive nature.

?He harassed, stalked, abused and made threats against her,? they said.

?He made her feel worthless and small with his nasty words.?

The source said the woman was ?fearful? of Thomas and isolated her from family and friends.

Thomas? career at the Kangaroos could be over within days with the AFL expected to suspend him of up to 18 weeks.

On Monday, the AFL said its investigation into the new allegations of domestic violence was not yet resolved.

But it?s understood a suspension of that length had been raised in discussions with the AFL and North Melbourne.

Last year, Thomas escaped conviction after threatening to share an explicit video of his ex-partner Jamai Curran.

Instead, he was ordered to pay $1000 to charity.

At the time, Ms Curran told the Herald Sun that she believed Thomas never faced harsh consequences for his behaviour.

?I think he believes the way he treats women is justified because of his status and power,? she said.

?I think he believes he?s entitled to treat women however he wants.

?North Melbourne and the justice system not punishing him just reinforces it is OK because he never faces consequences.?

Ms Curran said the AFL were ?letting women down? by prioritising players and their reputations.

?I think the AFL are letting women down and at this point, need to be held responsible,? she said.

?The AFL and clubs talk so much about domestic violence and taking it seriously but when push comes to shove they don?t do anything about it because it?s more important to protect players and reputations.

?It will be interesting to see how this plays out and if AFL finally matches its actions with its words.?

An 18-week suspension could give the Kangaroos cause to cut ties with Thomas.

He is in the last season of a lucrative contract, currently being paid between $600,000 to $700,000.
    Systematic history of a pattern of violent and intimidatory behaviour that is unacceptable in anyone's language. The suspension came after Thomas was given one chance too many IMO but at least the right call was eventually made. I'm no fan of the AFEL but they have acted with purpose and leadership in this instance.

By contrast, I'm a little mystified how another person with an even longer history of violence and threatening behaviour against women (in addition to rampant and flagrant drug abuse) got so close to becoming the senior coach of our elite women's team, but that's a topic for another day.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

7. Likes GVGjr, lemmon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bye. The world needs ditch diggers too.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

9. Thanks Sedat thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Bye. The world needs ditch diggers too.
    Imagine being a bit part player in an absolute top echelon comedy cast, and then completely stealing the show with aplomb like Ted Knight did

11. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Imagine being initially a bit part player in an absolute top echelon comedy cast and then completely stealing the show like Ted Knight effortlessly did
    Just brilliant, right.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

13. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if this will be the start of a trend of the AFL taking allegations such as these seriously...

Plenty of people with histories of violence that had lengthy careers in AFL and AFL media. Thomas would feel unlucky that he's been the first to face repercussions.

15. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    I wonder if this will be the start of a trend of the AFL taking allegations such as these seriously...

Plenty of people with histories of violence that had lengthy careers in AFL and AFL media. Thomas would feel unlucky that he's been the first to face repercussions.
    Carey springs to mind.

17. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Systematic history of a pattern of violent and intimidatory behaviour that is unacceptable in anyone's language. The suspension came after Thomas was given one chance too many IMO but at least the right call was eventually made. I'm no fan of the AFEL but they have acted with purpose and leadership in this instance.

By contrast, I'm a little mystified how another person with an even longer history of violence and threatening behaviour against women (in addition to rampant and flagrant drug abuse) got so close to becoming the senior coach of our elite women's team, but that's a topic for another day.
    Are there instances of violence and threatening behaviour outside of the single stalking charge to which no conviction was recorded.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Are there instances of violence and threatening behaviour outside of the single stalking charge to which no conviction was recorded.
    Only the victim was singular - the violent and threatening behaviour was 100+ times if I'm not mistaken (very happy to be corrected). There is nothing "stunning and brave" about violence against women - zero tolerance should be the default setting.

20. Likes chef, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Carey springs to mind.
    The AFEL community does love their redemption narrative. See also Hird, Laidley, etc...

EDIT - how could I forget Bomber "Frozen Water" Thompson
    Last edited by Sedat; 21-02-2024 at 03:07 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

The AFEL community does love their redemption narrative. See also Hird, Laidley, etc...
    Wouldn't surprise me to see "Laidley answers brutal Dogs snub!" in an exclusive one on one with former team mate Wayne Carey.

23. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wouldn't surprise me to see "Laidley answers brutal Dogs snub!" in an exclusive one on one with former team mate Wayne Carey.
    If you need any proof that the AFEL media (and the wider media in general) are disgusting peddlers of division and negativity who have no skin in the game of any worthy cause and simply barrack for the story, just look at the dominant media narrative following our appointment of AFLW senior coach - it's mostly around the person who wasn't appointed being somehow "wronged" or "snubbed", instead of celebrating the person who was appointed, and who had an impeccable CV from a long-term successful organisation.

25. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Only the victim was singular - the violent and threatening behaviour was 100+ times if I'm not mistaken (very happy to be corrected). There is nothing "stunning and brave" about violence against women - zero tolerance should be the default setting.
    Laidley story:

Ben Cotton writes _ Extent of Dean Laidley?s alleged stalking revealed in shocking court documents

Laidley was granted bail on Monday to be admitted into a rehabiliation facility.

The extent of former North Melbourne coach Dean Laidley's alleged stalking has been revealed in shocking court documents obtained by news.com.au.

The 53-year old has been behind bars since May 2 for allegedley stalking a woman he met on Tinder.

He was granted bail at Melbourne Magistrates Court on Monday to be admitted into a rehabilitation facility.

The ex-West Coast and Kangaroos player allegedly phoned the woman 43 times on May 2 and loitered around her home until police were called onto the scene to arrest him.

However, a month earlier, he is accused of using a mobile phone ?in a manner which a reasonable person would regard as being menacing?, greeting the womam at her workplace driveway with flowers.

?On April 4 at approximately 1am, the accused attended the victim?s address and rang the doorbell several times,? the documents allege.

?At 8am, the victim returned home to find the accused in her driveway and was stopping the victim from entering her building. The accused became abusive towards the victim and called her a ?sl**? and ?c***?.

?The accused then phoned the victim and began to verbally abuse her, saying, ?I am going to ram you with the car when you leave?.?

On May 1, the day before his arrest, Laidley allegedley went to her workplace and put flowers on her car. Police say he sent the victim a text message that appeared to be for someone else.

?Hey, I?m bored. I?m going to come over,? the text message read, according to police.

?She said she was staying home tonight, yeah. Wasn?t seeing him the whole weekend. She did say that then I repeated it later and she said no I like to stay home Friday nights. Nothing changes, bullshit lies again I dropped flowers on her car this afternoon.?

The woman dialled triple-0 at 5.25pm on May 2 alleging Laidley was parked across the road from her home. They were phoned again at 8.30pm and arrested Laidley and took him to St Kilda Police Station.

During his search at the station, police allegedly ?located a small zip lock bag containing 0.43 grams of a white crystal substance believed to be methylamphetamine inside the accused?s adhesive bra?.

He is due to return to court on June 9 2020
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.