Thanks Thanks:  43
Likes Likes:  307
Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3031323334353637383940

Thread: North Melbourne

Post Thanks / Like

Re: North Melbourne

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Doesnt he earn 1.4 mill /year?
    So about 2/3 of his fortnightly take home? Whack!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Guess the club pays it and other than costing them $20k there is no real penalty.
    Surely its a fringe benefit/payment in kind, so I woudl expect that Clarko still pays tax on it. Fines are not tax deductable either!

Post Thanks / Like

Jon Ralph writes

Tarryn Thomas will return to football as an AFL-listed player in 2025 – assuming he is able to prove to the league he has satisfactorily completed a behavioural change program.
    and

The next steps for Tarryn Thomas, who is set to train with a state league club in coming weeks and is intent on playing next year. The big hurdle is getting AFL approval which is a real challenge given his adherence to previous behavioural programs
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

4. Thanks jeemak thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

No doubt some coastal life$tyle will cure all.

6. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I can't wait for the redemption story and the media fanfare once he's established as a coastal resident with property holdings.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

8. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Anybody in the media who had Finlayson hung, drawn and quartered for what he said a couple of weeks ago, and in the same breath are barracking hard for the Tarryn Thomas redemption arc/road to glory, are disgusting human beings. No doubt it will be the same media scum who stayed silent like cowards while Thomas was terrorizing a number of different women over a few years in his private life.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

10. Likes GVGjr, Bulldog Joe, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Anybody in the media who had Finlayson hung, drawn and quartered for what he said a couple of weeks ago, and in the same breath are barracking hard for the Tarryn Thomas redemption arc/road to glory, are disgusting human beings. No doubt it will be the same media scum who stayed silent like cowards while Thomas was terrorizing a number of different women over a few years in his private life.
    We live in a world where there is always someone ready to be offended by anything and everything.

However, really malevolent intent is not considered as seriously as saying something out of place, but the media love a redemption story regardless.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    We live in a world where there is always someone ready to be offended by anything and everything.

However, really malevolent intent is not considered as seriously as saying something out of place, but the media love a redemption story regardless.
    Words uttered can and should be criticised heavily when they are as distasteful as what Finlayson said (racist/religious language obviously as well). But they should always be in proportion to sustained patterns of actual violence and threatening behaviour towards multiple women - media grubs who shout from the rooftops for the former but then ignore the latter for years are quite simply shit people and total cowards. We all know who they are.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I can't wait for the redemption story and the media fanfare once he's established as a coastal resident with property holdings.
    A one on one no holds barred interview with Tom Morris?
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    A one on one no holds barred interview with Tom Morris?
    They can do a whole segment of ‘marry, **** and kill’….
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023