Thanks Thanks:  31
Likes Likes:  26

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Michael ‘Magic’ McLean opens up on the horrific abuse he was subjected to while playing football

Quote Originally Posted by soupman View Post
    I get you're coming from a good place but this is a weird thing to put in considering the thread is all about the effects of racism and how minorities cop unwarranted abuse.
    I don't think it is weird at all. I am not saying it is the sole reason gangs are formed, what I am saying is when people are racially abused, they prefer to stick together with their own kind as they feel safer.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Thanks angelopetraglia thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Michael ‘Magic’ McLean opens up on the horrific abuse he was subjected to while playing football

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I don't think it is weird at all. I am not saying it is the sole reason gangs are formed, what I am saying is when people are racially abused, they prefer to stick together with their own kind as they feel safer.
    I think what you might be missing is the racial connotation around the word 'gang'. If 5 black teens are together they're a gang. 5 white kids and its a group

4. Thanks angelopetraglia thanked for this post
    Likes soupman, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    I think what you might be missing is the racial connotation around the word 'gang'. If 5 black teens are together they're a gang. 5 white kids and its a group
    Well it wasn't meant that way, and shouldn't be met that way, but I take your point.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

6. Thanks angelopetraglia thanked for this post
    Likes soupman, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Well it wasn't meant that way, and shouldn't be met that way, but I take your point.
    Yeah I understand. I don't think anyone felt you meant it that way. We're familiar enough with you after 50,000,000 posts

8. Thanks angelopetraglia thanked for this post
    Likes bornadog liked this post