Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  13
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

The Moment: Rnd 12, 2022 vs Geelong

The moment, the best, most courageous moment that caught your eye in tonight's round 12 match against Geelong. Was it the moment that told you 'we've got this' or 'we lost this one right here'? Or was it the moment that you went 'wow....that is crazy courage'

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moment: Rnd 12, 2022 vs Geelong

McComb's 3rd 1/4 miss from 30m out directly in front after a wonderful effort from Bailey Smith to get it to him. A goal would have got us to within 6 points and with all the momentum.

3. Likes Mutz, josie, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Probably the free to Richards being called back to where he was poleaxed. We should have had a goal, instead our momentum spluttered and in the ensuing melee Baz gets reported ensuring a week of high drama and media salivation,

Honourable mention: Treloar keeping the ball alive. Why oh why…
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

5. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    Probably the free to Richards being called back to where he was poleaxed. …
    That is the moment for me as well. We kept them to 2 points that quarter and another goal and momentum would be with us. Disgusting umpiring.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    That is the moment for me as well. We kept them to 2 points that quarter and another goal and momentum would be with us. Disgusting umpiring.
    Umpire decent Bad thats 50.

8. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Umpire decent Bad thats 50.
    very funny

We didn't lose the game due to umpiring but it is very difficult to go to a match and watch the game with the way umpires umpire.

As for the goal umpires they are big dopes. The guy is standing less than a metre from the goal post and he has to check the technology to see if the ball hit the post - wow.

The down field one was paid in the last when Dekoning faked a fall after Libba barely touched him. It happened right in front of me - a joke.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

McComb's 3rd 1/4 miss from 30m out directly in front after a wonderful effort from Bailey Smith to get it to him. A goal would have got us to within 6 points and with all the momentum.

Yep, this for me as well. It was an inspiring piece of play that I reckon meant that kick by McComb was worth more than 6 points. It carried a heavy weight attached to it. Real shame McComb couldn't finish it. You could see Baz slightly drop his head, just after McComb missed.

11. Thanks angelopetraglia thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

First 5 mins when Stewart and De Koning were intercepting our errant entries with ease.

13. Likes Doc26, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Two for me.

The first miss, after working hard to break the fact Cats defenders were swallowing everything.

Then McComb’s miss. In isolation, it’s a disgrace. In context, it’s cost us the game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westbulldog View Post
    This was mine too. The momentum killer. They scored a goal shortly after at beginning of last qtr. 12 point goal

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post

Yep, this for me as well. It was an inspiring piece of play that I reckon meant that kick by McComb was worth more than 6 points. It carried a heavy weight attached to it. Real shame McComb couldn't finish it. You could see Baz slightly drop his head, just after McComb missed.
    Definitely a key moment but we can only blame ourselves. McNeil would have just as likely missed under that pressure, Scott, West, Naughton etc. I’d back less than a handful of the 22 out there last night to kick that more than 5 times out of 10 and most of them are in defence and midfield (Daniel, Dale, Williams, Libba, Bont maybe).

If you continue to stack your forward half with guys that aren’t natural goal kickers, you’re just playing with fire. I
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

The first quarter. We turned up like we were still playing WCE and by the time Bevo could rectify it at quarter time it was too late.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Two moments for me.

First one; before the first bounce when Keath went to Cameron he motioned to Gardner to ask should we swap. It seemed we planned for Keath to play on Cameron but from the goal square. We all know how this ended.

Second one; in the first quarter Dunkley put a half effort to avoid contact with Cameron at CHB in the first quarter, it lead to only a behind but it summed up our intent and mindset in the first quarter.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

For me it was when Naughton missed a chance from 15m out in the first quarter. It was like ... here we go again. It just set the scene again for missed chances. We were outplayed in that first quarter but if we took our chances we would have been within striking distance.

I just don't know how a league footballer misses from 15m on a slight angle. That is under 12 kind of stuff.

20. Likes jeemak, MrMahatma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Two moments for me.

Second one; in the first quarter Dunkley put a half effort to avoid contact with Cameron at CHB in the first quarter, it lead to only a behind but it summed up our intent and mindset in the first quarter.
    That was a pea hearted effort. Never thought Dunks would be found wanting for courage.

We really are letting ourselves down in this front.