I've got the wrong bloke, haven't I?

Col Austen, perhaps?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Grant - The Champion Tag?

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    I've got the wrong bloke, haven't I?

Col Austen, perhaps?
    Col Austen was from 1949 ...
    there was also Harry Collier (Collingwood 1930), Bill Hutchinson (Essendon 1952), Verdun Howell (St Kilda 1952), and Allan Hopkins (Footscray 1930) & Noel Teasdale (South Melbourne 1965) who you've already mentioned
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    If he'd had the brownlow(s) and the premiership he so richly deserved we wouldnt be having this conversation.
    Ian Collins and a missed Paul Hudson shepard put paid to both dreams

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    I can't believe someone thought there was a need to raise the question.
    There's always one.

Especially on SEN

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bobmurphy View Post
    What I dont understand is why people get upset at what certain radio stations, or footy shows or papers say. Of course brayshaw is going to say Brown is a champion. Brayshaw / Lyon / Newman need to pump up the tyres of their overated, over hyped show. That is why they also find it necessary to degrade women and the contribution they make to society and football.
    couldn't agree more.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    In the eyes of Bulldogs supporters he is a champion, both on & off the field.
    We know what he did and what he meant to the club. What anyone else thinks is irrelevant.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Silly thread really.....Champion player, champion bloke!! I reckon near on 100% of doggies fans would agree. Never saw Teddy so to me he ranks up there with Hawkins, everyone else is a level below IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Corey McKernan says hi
    Ah, but you see, Corey DESERVED his suspension. So he's technically not a 'top vote-getter to miss out'. He was ineligible.

In my mind, Chris was and is eligible. He wasn't suspended by any law or official of the game, apart from a NON-MATCH administrator with a vendetta. No one even knew Collins as an administrator had a say in reporting people until that point in time, and it hasn't happened since (and wouldn't happen - convention prevents it), and there is ample evidence that the match review panel of the day was leaned on heavily by Collins, which is prejudice in the extreme thus invalidating their ruling -- in law it would be known as a false or non-binding precedent. It's not a real case -- trumped up charges, personal agendas, non-objective ruling etc. etc.. in real case law one would easily be able to go back, review the case and overturn the charges.

Thus, the top vote-getter. The ONLY top vote-getter. Who didn't get his Brownlow.

HIS Brownlow.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
    Ah, but you see, Corey DESERVED his suspension. So he's technically not a 'top vote-getter to miss out'. He was ineligible.

In my mind, Chris was and is eligible. He wasn't suspended by any law or official of the game, apart from a NON-MATCH administrator with a vendetta. No one even knew Collins as an administrator had a say in reporting people until that point in time, and it hasn't happened since (and wouldn't happen - convention prevents it), and there is ample evidence that the match review panel of the day was leaned on heavily by Collins, which is prejudice in the extreme thus invalidating their ruling -- in law it would be known as a false or non-binding precedent. It's not a real case -- trumped up charges, personal agendas, non-objective ruling etc. etc.. in real case law one would easily be able to go back, review the case and overturn the charges.

Thus, the top vote-getter. The ONLY top vote-getter. Who didn't get his Brownlow.

HIS Brownlow.
    What was his issue? Surely it wasn't personal - they surely wouldn'tve known eachother well and he's such a likeable bloke. Has he had an issue with us forever? Was it that we were playing and winning home games in his backyard at the time?

The injustice still stings, and along with the Stadium deals, he maintains that smug expression. Would you brake if you saw him crossing the street? (a line from the Simpsons in case anyone thinks that's too harsh - of course I would, but I'd slow down and give him a fearful spray)
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs