Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  37
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things you've learned Round 14 2022 v GWS

1. Cody is better than Toby Greene until he has a dislocated elbow.

2. Macrae is a hard tackling inside beast.

3. Three tall forwards is best for Naughty.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Unfortunately he’s managed to spend 7 years on an AFL list and not get any physically stronger. It’s baffling.
    He needs to put on more weight and just go for it if he is to become a regular senior player.

Running and kicking aren't an issue for him, confidence borne from being strong and able to influence a contest is. Load him up, it's time he stopped 'developing'.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Cody is super tough. What he copped today wasn't a subluxation of a joint, it was a genuine dislocation and having done one myself his went the wrong way if you're going to have one (mine went the other way and was easy to put back in myself with a panicked whack - Cody's was awful)

2. Quick end to end games that see scores produced from errors and lazy defending aren't that much fun to watch. Strategy and team defence is good to watch and the viewing public has overtaken what the AFL and the old farts influencing how the game should be played need to get with the program

3. The unlikableness of Toby Greene increases exponentially if you let him do what he wants. He'll get lauded as a genius for what he did to us today, but really, some honest defending based on fundamentals would have put a stop to his influence in a lot of instances

Additionals.......sorry

4. There might have been a bit in the way we set up early with a few talls playing higher and our smalls getting the job done early. What's said in the media by senior coaches during the week can impact how things pan out

5. What's happening with Keath is between the ears and he'll be fine with some confidence. He shorted an effort on our first goal and we got lucky, and did the same a few times throughout the game. There's something going on with him, not sure whether it's his body or just general form/ confidence, but he isn't cooked. He just just needs to get his head right

4. Likes macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Then. Now. Forever.

Imagine actually pretending to care about this loser club.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

6. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post

Then. Now. Forever.

Imagine actually pretending to care about this loser club.
    You jackarse....I was going to go to bed but now I need to get the headphones on.

8. Likes Happy Days liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Libba is having a renaissance. It even looks like he has developed a turn of pace. Managed to motor out of congestion more than once. He looks faster to me now than he ever has. And oh those hands and that velvet slipper.
    2. Bailey Dale now totally owns the half back distributor/ controller role. Cleans up and organises chaos over and over again. Always feel the pressure valve release when the ball is in his hands. Looks supremely capable and confident.
    3. GWS home crowd very poor. Looks like another AFL financial black hole.

10. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Defensively we sucked. I hate being a negative Nancy after a good win. But the ease that GWS could transition the ball from D50 to F50 should have alarm bells ringing.

2. West can play the small forward roll we so desperately need. He can take a contested mark and also be great at ground level. He definitely has West blood in those veins

3. 3 prong tall forwards works well. To see Naughts contest 1v1 instead of 1v3 was a sight for sore eyes.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

12. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1.Both Schache and Marra did their jobs without starring. Schache's 6 marks were important. Set Naughts up for 3 goals between them too.

2. As well as playing a great game Macrae's 9 tackles were sensational. Loved it. Closely followed by Dunkley's 8 tackles and yes wait for it Schache's 6 tackles.

3. During the week on a sportsbet waffle program Goddard presented stats that showed T. Green plays better against the dogs than any other team. How right he was.

14. Likes azabob, Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    1.Both Schache and Marra did their jobs without starring. Schache's 6 marks were important. Set Naughts up for 3 goals between them too.

2. As well as playing a great game Macrae's 9 tackles were sensational. Loved it. Closely followed by Dunkley's 8 tackles and yes wait for it Schache's 6 tackles.

3. During the week on a sportsbet waffle program Goddard presented stats that showed T. Green plays better against the dogs than any other team. How right he was.
    Love all of these B4L.

Schache and Marra need to play the next couple of weeks until Bruce is ready.

Macrae's tackling especially in the third quarter was the catalyst for our five goal run on.

Sportsbet waffle made me laugh!
    More of an In Bruges guy?

16. Thanks Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Boy we miss Easton Wood more than i thought we would. He can play on both big/small and intercept or punch depending on the situation.

2. West is going to be a midfield beast in years to come.

3. We will miss Doc as well. He is the General down back and a lot of people don't realise the leadership role he plays down back telling players who and when to go.

18. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Bont is playing hurt - really hurt - but still has his moments that change the game.

2, West has an aerial ability I did not know existed. I've thought of him before as a Viney-type player but he's surpassing my expectations.

3. He's never mentioned with our stars, but I want the ball in Scott's hands when we're in the front half. I think he's a long term attacking wingman and a 100+ game player
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    1. Bont is playing hurt - really hurt - but still has his moments that change the game.

2, West has an aerial ability I did not know existed. I've thought of him before as a Viney-type player but he's surpassing my expectations.

3. He's never mentioned with our stars, but I want the ball in Scott's hands when we're in the front half. I think he's a long term attacking wingman and a 100+ game player
    I really like Scott. Extremely versatile; can play back, forward and wing. Extremely unassuming they way he goes about it.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Scott's finish on the run was a thing of beauty.

22. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Bont needs to get healed up, he hasn't been himself all year and last night it felt like he was actively hurting us out there.

2. West has gotten much better at the team things.

3. This forward structure works; Schache is smart enough to lead away from Naughton so that he drags his man away from the contest while Jamarra had an almost game. We need to keep with a three tall structure like this so that Naughton not only can have more opportunities one out but also so that Weightman isn't expected to play as the defacto third tall.

24. Likes josie, Bulldog Joe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Bont is injured and has been carrying all year. To go deeper we need the Bont of 2021

2. Our defence is as shaky as a barn in a tornado. Gardner/O’Brien is no better than Gardner/Cordy when it comes to brain fades. We desperately need a QUALITY KPD.

3. West WILL make it as long as Bevo doesn’t drop him after 2 bad performances.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

26. Likes azabob liked this post