Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  37
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things you've learned Round 14 2022 v GWS

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    1. Bont is injured and has been carrying all year. To go deeper we need the Bont of 2021

2. Our defence is as shaky as a barn in a tornado. Gardner/O’Brien are no better than Gardner/Cordy when it comes to brain fades. We desperately need a QUALITY KPD.

3. West WILL make it as long as Bevo doesn’t drop him after 2 bad performances.
    West will make; hopefully it is with us and not another club.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

2. Likes DOG GOD, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Testekill View Post
    1. Bont needs to get healed up, he hasn't been himself all year and last night it felt like he was actively hurting us out there.
    He's just come off a break as well. His 2nd half was vastly better than his first.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    West will make; hopefully it is with us and not another club.
    Even with the form he has displayed over the last few weeks you think we might lose him?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Even with the form he has displayed over the last few weeks you think we might lose him?
    If he plays for the remainder of the season I think he stays, but if we play chook lotto with selections he will leave. From the outside looking in I think he has been hard done by.

Opposition clubs would be sounding out his management for sure.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

6. Likes josie, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    If he plays for the remainder of the season I think he stays, but if we play chook lotto with selections he will leave. From the outside looking in I think he has been hard done by.

Opposition clubs would be sounding out his management for sure.
    It is up to him if he stays in the team. If he continues to play like he has over the last month then he will. He has been excellent and will only continue to develop. It is a relief that he is starting to show some consistency. Looks like he has also put on some size.

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing new learnt but:

1. As others have mentioned Schache and Marra provide Naughton with more freedom for one on one contests. Great to have them back if they continue this role.
    2. On Schache whilst quiet on the first half he started to get more involved in the 3rd. Looks like he can continue to have a role with the team even when Bruce returns.
    3. Macrae was the difference last night. Tackled his guts out and just kept on going (like he always does)

9. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    He's just come off a break as well. His 2nd half was vastly better than his first.
    Even whe he is breaking tackles or running down the ground he looks hurt. It is impacting his decision making. He also looks heavier than in the past.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Over the years, it has been easy to focus on Shache's deficiencies rather than his attributes. Last night he showed his attributes - terrific field kicking and forward craft, perhaps the best in the team at these. Hope he stays in the team.

2. West continues to surprise, showing some forward and aerial abilities aside from his hardness. Like to see him have some good time in the midfield.

3. Giants still have some very good players, but after failing in 2016 they have been in decline. Time for a rebuild.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

12. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    1. Over the years, it has been easy to focus on Shache's deficiencies rather than his attributes. Last night he showed his attributes - terrific field kicking and forward craft, perhaps the best in the team at these. Hope he stays in the team.

2. West continues to surprise, showing some forward and aerial abilities aside from his hardness. Like to see him have some good time in the midfield.

3. Giants still have some very good players, but after failing in 2016 they have been in decline. Time for a rebuild.
    And West doesn't take a backwards step either. No surprise to see Libba and West involved here flying the flag for English.
    Preuss got a week for that tackle.

14. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    And West doesn't take a backwards step either. No surprise to see Libba and West involved here flying the flag for English.
    Preuss got a week for that tackle.

Has he been charged?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Has he been charged?
    Yes. GWS RUCKMAN Braydon Preuss has been hit with his third suspension of the year, this time for a dangerous tackle on the Western Bulldogs' Tim English.

Preuss slung English to the ground in a tackle during the Giants' 20-point loss on Saturday night, causing his opponent's head to hit the turf.

The Match Review Officer assessed the action as careless conduct, medium impact and high contact

Post Thanks / Like

1. Rhylee West, if he keeps on this path, he could really develop into a serious AFL player. The club has really held him to a high standard since he was drafted in 2018. He's not had anything handed to him, and on what he's shown this year, he looks increasingly primed to take the next leap in his development. He looks ready to be an impactful player at this level now!

2. We have to persevere with this forward set up from here on in. Its now a great opportunity for either Schache or Jamarra to stake their claim to the one tall forward position that will be on offer once Bruce is fit and ready to go in hopefully a few week's time. I know 'One swallow does not a summer make', but prima facie the whole forward line looked better equipped to have an impact in multiple tactical scenarios on Saturday night. It looked way more balanced with Schache and Jamarra up there, and we need to test this again.

3. I think our need to find a top line key defender outweighs our need for forward/ruck role player. As much as I love seeing us be involved in the draft in a meaningful capacity, I really think this is the year Sam Power's strategy will move heavily towards a more trade focused posture. We've been fortunate to land 2 very high draft picks in the last couple of years through NGA and F/S respectively: we should now be trying to prioritise strategic needs for the now come season's end.

18. Likes jeemak, kruder liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Yes. GWS RUCKMAN Braydon Preuss has been hit with his third suspension of the year, this time for a dangerous tackle on the Western Bulldogs' Tim English.

Preuss slung English to the ground in a tackle during the Giants' 20-point loss on Saturday night, causing his opponent's head to hit the turf.

The Match Review Officer assessed the action as careless conduct, medium impact and high contact
    Did he hit his head on the ground? I thought he didn't as I watched carefully as I was worried about concussion and missing next week.

However, typical GWS, they try and hurt by ramming you into the turf. Similar to Richmond and they just get away with it.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Did he hit his head on the ground? I thought he didn't as I watched carefully as I was worried about concussion and missing next week.

However, typical GWS, they try and hurt by ramming you into the turf. Similar to Richmond and they just get away with it.
    I believe he did yes.

21. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Schache field kicking is elite and forward craft on the lead. We really should play him on the wing, like the way Richardson did in his last season for the tigers. The only thing that makes me nervous is his lack of aggression and how he gets out positioned by smaller opponents.

2. Growth in our players: West is going to make it. His got size ( 182 cm /85 kg) , skill and football smarts. His first quarter was outstanding. English all round game went to another level tonight.

3. The back 6 makes me nervous at times. Duryea is so important as the general marshalling the guys to the correct spots. There were glimpses of Garnder taking good intercept marks.
    Last edited by macca; 21-06-2022 at 02:42 AM.

23. Likes GVGjr, josie liked this post