Thanks Thanks:  32
Likes Likes:  80
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 16 V Brisbane At The GABBA On Thursday Night

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Tell us more MJP.
    He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy.

2. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 16 V Brisbane At The GABBA On Thursday Night

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Don't be sorry.
    Be Better.

I'm being a bit harsh now I know but we just see the same stuff dished up with regards making members feel they are important. Closed training sessions etc etc.

Yep - I'm still bitter after getting in trouble for chatting to Josh Schache at an admittedly closed training session last year...but I went to NZ and America with him on AIS trips - he was just saying hello...and the closed session happened to be at a ground where I happen to work...
    I agree be better, but in the event of a mistake, owning and apologising is still important. Then do better.

4. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Surely a quick chat to the player to clarify would have been in order but it's one of those fine lines that could have been avoided with some basic communication.
    I didn't approach the players. I sat there happily watching training whilst maybe 8 security guards (I think COVID related) observed the ZERO spectators.

A couple of players who I have coached called out to me and jogged over for a chat. I stood where I was and didn't go near the ground (COVID)...Josh S hung around and we jabbered back and forth...

That's really the end of it apart from being yelled at to 'bugger off, you know it's a closed session' etc by a nameless official. Anyway, a casual observer could have easily identified we knew each other so I thought at the time a casual "C'mon Josh, time to go" with a wave would have done the same job as yelling at me...
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    I didn't approach the players. I sat there happily watching training whilst maybe 8 security guards (I think COVID related) observed the ZERO spectators.

A couple of players who I have coached called out to me and jogged over for a chat. I stood where I was and didn't go near the ground (COVID)...Josh S hung around and we jabbered back and forth...

That's really the end of it apart from being yelled at to 'bugger off, you know it's a closed session' etc by a nameless official. Anyway, a casual observer could have easily identified we knew each other so I thought at the time a casual "C'mon Josh, time to go" with a wave would have done the same job as yelling at me...
    Yep, a "lets go Josh" would have been sufficient.

We've been a bit too Colonel Flagg with our training sessions for a while now.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

7. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    For one thing I'd like the club to send me my membership pack... I've rang them 4 times to enquire where it is and it still hasn't been received. I've given up on it now.
    For some reason I got sent 3 kids memberships? I'm happy to mail out the Members football so you can give it to your kid/s. The rest of the stuff has my sons name on it so not much use for that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    For some reason I got sent 3 kids memberships? I'm happy to mail out the Members football so you can give it to your kid/s. The rest of the stuff has my sons name on it so not much use for that.
    Thanks for the offer, but my 2 boys got their membership packs as there’s is attached to my parents account.

It was just me who missed out…. A simple follow up call after I’d rang numerous times to enquire wouldn’t be out of place I would’ve thought given the number of years I’ve been a member.

10. Likes G-Mo77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ahh so it's mjp that has had Josh in the bad books no wonder he gets dropped at the tip of a hat.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

12. Likes azabob, bornadog, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I saw that, we play interstate again next week on Friday so I would imagine it's Tuesday.
    It will also likely be part of a bigger event not Player Sponsor specific as the invitation sort of reads. It's coming across as an after thought for the sponsors to gauge their interest.
    How do they miss putting a date on an invitation?... I'm really not expecting an answer
    Picked it. An open training invitation for everyone which is good but poorly planned.
    Got a response to an email saying that they're waiting on number confirmations.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

14. Likes Grantysghost liked this post