Thanks Thanks:  32
Likes Likes:  80
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 16 V Brisbane At The GABBA On Thursday Night

Pivotal game for us. Have to get the selections right.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 16 V Brisbane At The GABBA On Thursday Night

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    It is right on his 12 days and I think the medical team will be conservative with his return. But hey, I said Weightman shouldn’t play during the week, so what do I know.
    Not saying your wrong and probably right. You were correct about Weightman, but Bevo said he wouldn't play and he did. On English he said he would play, but he probably won't.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Bevo already said English unlikely.

Post Thanks / Like

Out: MComb, Richards, McNeil, Sweet

In: English, Cleary, Wallis

Post Thanks / Like

Out - McNeil, Richards Weightman

In - Hunter, Wallis, Roake Smith to tag Neale
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

There are some articles saying English will miss against Brisbane. I think we need to assume he won't be playing next week.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

It is right on his 12 days and I think the medical team will be conservative with his return. But hey, I said Weightman shouldn’t play during the week, so what do I know.
    On a positive note Webb said English was around the club during the week. Gave the impression he was feeling better.

8. Thanks azabob, BornInDroopSt'54 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Todays VFL game will give us a better indication of the changes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    There are some articles saying English will miss against Brisbane. I think we need to assume he won't be playing next week.
    Beveridge pretty much said so I’m his press conference
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper Bulldogs View Post
    Out - McNeil, Richards Weightman

In - Hunter, Wallis, Roake Smith to tag Neale
    You need another out. McNeil was medical sub, or one of your ins should be medical sub
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Beveridge pretty much said so I’m his press conference
    Which is what he said about Cody last week.

Really, when it’s injuries or whatever, Bevo’s comments about selection to the media are just answers cause he has to give one. He’s not going to give Brisbane the luxury of planning with more info than they need to have. English may not play, but I’ve no doubt the decision hasn’t been made yet and that Bevo doesn’t care about whether what he says is accurate.

13. Likes azabob, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    Which is what he said about Cody last week.

Really, when it’s injuries or whatever, Bevo’s comments about selection to the media are just answers cause he has to give one. He’s not going to give Brisbane the luxury of planning with more info than they need to have. English may not play, but I’ve no doubt the decision hasn’t been made yet and that Bevo doesn’t care about whether what he says is accurate.
    Yeah that’s a good call. Bit naive on my part.

Post Thanks / Like

With Duyrea and now Richards are we forced to bring in Cleary?

Lions have a number of medium forwards which can cause grief. Hopefully Zac Bailey is out for another week.

Post Thanks / Like

The massive issue for us, is with Duryea and Richards out, we have no small/mid defenders with the capacity to go with Cameron or Bailey. Crozier was ok last night but lacks pace. Scott may go back but I’m less than convinced by him as a defender. Williams maybe, but he’s been much better up the ground this year.
    I can’t see anyone else on the 2’s. Cleary has a future but that’d be a big ask.

17. Likes Happy Days liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    The massive issue for us, is with Duryea and Richards out, we have no small/mid defenders with the capacity to go with Cameron or Bailey. Crozier was ok last night but lacks pace. Scott may go back but I’m less than convinced by him as a defender. Williams maybe, but he’s been much better up the ground this year.
    I can’t see anyone else on the 2’s. Cleary has a future but that’d be a big ask.
    Especially this week against Cameron and Bailey. This small defender crisis could not have come at a worse time.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -