Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  67
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 17 V Sydney At The SCG On Friday Night

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    In : McLean, English, Richards
    Out : Weightman, Sweet, Williams

I think Weightman needs a spell. Otherwise McComb but he actually played ok later in game.
    Hunter is taking Williams' wing spot.
    The same McComb that was wearing the white boots and butchered it at every opportunity and has limited skill??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    The same McComb that was wearing the white boots and butchered it at every opportunity and has limited skill??
    I'm not his biggest fan, but I thought he was ok late and kept working hard all game.

He certainly butchered it early, however he's played 10 games or so he wasn't the issue.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I’m very surprised you are selecting both English and Sweet.
    We have no choice
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

This year is a wash. Prepare for 2023 and play Bedendo, keep putting time into Marra, replace Crozier with Cleary and persist with a proper 2 man ruck structure.

Out: McComb, Schache, Crozier
    In: English, Cleary, Garcia
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

5. Likes Nuggety Back Pocket liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I'm not his biggest fan, but I thought he was ok late and kept working hard all game.

He certainly butchered it early, however he's played 10 games or so he wasn't the issue.
    I think the point is he is 27 and is not going to improve. It is more staggering that he was elevated to the list as not sure if you watched much 2's over the past couple of years but he butchered the ball constantly at that level.

We had Jordan Boyd in the 2's at the same time and he has elite skill and pace. Why was he not elevated. He is now playing 1's with Carlton.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    This year is a wash. Prepare for 2023 and play Bedendo, keep putting time into Marra, replace Crozier with Cleary and persist with a proper 2 man ruck structure.

Out: McComb, Schache, Crozier
    In: English, Cleary, Garcia
    Hopefully Ed is ready as well

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the point is he is 27 and is not going to improve. It is more staggering that he was elevated to the list as not sure if you watched much 2's over the past couple of years but he butchered the ball constantly at that level.

We had Jordan Boyd in the 2's at the same time and he has elite skill and pace. Why was he not elevated. He is now playing 1's with Carlton.
    Why we picked a 27 year old midfield battler instead of bringing in the types of players we actually need like key defenders and rucks, let alone burning an actual national draft pick over just selecting him late in the rookie draft…I will never know.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

9. Likes GVGjr, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Why we picked a 27 year old midfield battler instead of bringing in the types of players we actually need like key defenders and rucks, let alone burning an actual national draft pick over just selecting him late in the rookie draft…I will never know.
    Would have been better to rookie a young developing ruckman

11. Likes Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well yes that's a different issue and totally agree there.

We had Lipinski too.

I assume Bevo likes him as he's good at the stoppage and turnover game.

Post Thanks / Like

You're still right, but McComb was picked in the rookie draft.

Shows that we at least learnt something from the Hayes selection, even if it wasn't the thing that we should have learnt.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

He was just about our best performed Footscray player and I suspect we were backing that becoming a full time footballer might have helped him improve. Clearly now it's been proven his kicking isn't of a senior standard so I'm not sure why we need to keep picking him.

Outside of a couple of high possession games I wonder what the attribute he possessed that we thought we could transition into an AFL standard player? We got it right with Anthony Scott who was under our nose for a couple of years so was it's reasonable to hope we could do it again?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Boyd got sniped in the MSD before we could pick him, and althought I was high on him when he was at Footscray he's barely looked any better than McComb has. There's plenty of valid criticisms of McComb's selection but don't think that "missing" Boyd is one.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    You're still right, but McComb was picked in the rookie draft.

Shows that we at least learnt something from the Hayes selection, even if it wasn't the thing that we should have learnt.
    Was he? There you go! I must have got him confused with our Hayes selection.

Post Thanks / Like

Keath came off late looked uncomfortable wouldn't be surprised if he is out.

Post Thanks / Like

Biblical rain falling in Sydney after their defeat.
    120mm predicted tomorrow then constant rain through to Saturday. Seriously challenging for groundstaff but the Swans will get practice in the conditions. This affects our prep and selections.
    I wonder if Swans can get an oval prepared to be hacked up.