Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  67
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 17 V Sydney At The SCG On Friday Night

I reckon we'll see Toby Mac back this week (providing he pulls up fine) given he's played two at the lower level. I'd have him in for McComb, he just has more class.

Someone has to make way for English. I think it should be Sweet, giving Schache a reprieve after a game where he fluffed his lines pretty badly. I get it was two kicks, but if you're not a player who gets a lot of it you need to make the most of your opportunities - especially if doing so is your point of difference.

I'm not dropping Weightman after he's kicked one and had four tackles playing low-high throughout the day. After a quiet week last week possession wise he had eight and snagged a goal so is likely on the improve after injuring his elbow.

While I don't think Crozier is great, I don't think he's horrendous. It really sucks having Doc (albeit he's been patchy this year), Daniel and Richards out. Crozier stays for mine - unless Richards comes good which I hope he does.

In - English, McLean, Richards
    Out - Sweet, McComb, Crozier
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

2. Likes azabob, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I reckon we'll see Toby Mac back this week (providing he pulls up fine) given he's played two at the lower level. I'd have him in for McComb, he just has more class.

Someone has to make way for English. I think it should be Sweet, giving Schache a reprieve after a game where he fluffed his lines pretty badly. I get it was two kicks, but if you're not a player who gets a lot of it you need to make the most of your opportunities - especially if doing so is your point of difference.

I'm not dropping Weightman after he's kicked one and had four tackles playing low-high throughout the day. After a quiet week last week possession wise he had eight and snagged a goal so is likely on the improve after injuring his elbow.

While I don't think Crozier is great, I don't think he's horrendous. It really sucks having Doc (albeit he's been patchy this year), Daniel and Richards out. Crozier stays for mine - unless Richards comes good which I hope he does.

Well thought out INS and OUTS. Each one makes us stronger across the ground.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

4. Thanks jeemak thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post

I'll go with this too, hard to fault the logic
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

6. Thanks jeemak thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I doubt Crozier will be dropped
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I doubt Crozier will be dropped
    He's been dropped a number of times this year already and is clearly the weakest link in our mid sized defender ranks... if Richards is good to go, Crozier has to be the one he replaces.

9. Likes Bumper Bulldogs, Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    He's been dropped a number of times this year already and is clearly the weakest link in our mid sized defender ranks... if Richards is good to go, Crozier has to be the one he replaces.
    Agree. We may push Williams/Scott back up to the wings which would open up a spot for Richards without dropping Crozier but I'm hoping we prioritise the development of Bedendo in that role.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupman View Post
    Agree. We may push Williams/Scott back up to the wings which would open up a spot for Richards without dropping Crozier but I'm hoping we prioritise the development of Bedendo in that role.
    Bedendo in wing role, or back?

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Bedendo in wing role, or back?
    Wing
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

13. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't say that Williams is all that safe either he hasn't had the best of years.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

15. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    I wouldn't say that Williams is all that safe either he hasn't had the best of years.
    Has been very poor the last few weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

Adam Treloar, Tim English and Ed Richards all expected to be available for the Bulldogs on Friday night, Luke Beveridge says

Post Thanks / Like

Adam Treloar, Tim English and Ed Richards all expected to be available for the Bulldogs on Friday night, Luke Beveridge says
    We desperately need them. Lose this and it might be season over.

Post Thanks / Like

Good press conference today. Worth watching here

20. Thanks Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good press conference today. Worth watching here
    It really was BAD. Some nice insights into how looking at one or two data points in isolation isn't necessarily the best way to try and evaluate how good or bad we're going.

His point in response to a journo raising the number of uncontested marks the Lions took a case in point. As he said, the fact that we play a territory game, an opposition having more uncontested marks, can actually be a reflection of how good we're playing and how well we're defending up the ground, when you look at that with other variables. He said that we forced 11 forward half turnovers last week in the first quarter alone, and yet our output from that was 1 measly point... And that's quite telling about our connectivity and execution in the forward half.

22. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    It really was BAD. Some nice insights into how looking at one or two data points in isolation isn't necessarily the best way to try and evaluate how good or bad we're going.

His point in response to a journo raising the number of uncontested marks the Lions took a case in point. As he said, the fact that we play a territory game, an opposition having more uncontested marks, can actually be a reflection of how good we're playing and how well we're defending up the ground, when you look at that with other variables. He said that we forced 11 forward half turnovers last week in the first quarter alone, and yet our output from that was 1 measly point... And that's quite telling about our connectivity and execution in the forward half.
    I thought that stat was really telling as we had them in that first quarter but didn't make them pay. Imagine if we had a 5 goal lead from those turnovers. It would have been a different game.