Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  67
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 17 V Sydney At The SCG On Friday Night

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    See this is where I lose it with the MC. Hannan has played one game in about 3 months. Yes he was good in that game, but he should be given the quality of VFL football. Hannan couldn't crack agame at Melbourne yet he is and has been a walk up start with us. Says everything you need to know.
    Fredi i agree he isn’t a walk up start but one thing out fitness staff are good at is getting a player ready off a long term injury.

2. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    His speed on the smaller types could be handy. Not easy to play a few quarters in the twos and impact straight away but maybe we are having a look to the future but I wanna see us persist rather than chop n change.
    He hasn't ever played as a backman. What makes us suddenly think you can elevate him against Sydney at the G to be that versitile lockdown player. We saw how hard it was with Scott on Cameron. I have no faith in Hannan. In the 18months he's been with us he has played maybe 2 to 3 good games of footy. I get the "role" player, but we have so many of these now that to me it seems as we have the stars and a support crew and the support crew are there just making up numbers, but not really impacting the overall performance (in a positive way)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Which details do you think might've betrayed our IP? He quoted some stats, of which every club has access to (and would pour over in trying to counter) and its no great tactical secret to opposition what we're trying to do in general.
    There would be so much data available these days it would be overwhelming. It was more letting on which stats are our focus points like forward half turnovers as our key measure of defensiveness. I would hear that and think we’re inclined to press too high and prone to over the back goals like our first half v Geelong
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

See this is where I lose it with the MC. Hannan has played one game in about 3 months. Yes he was good in that game, but he should be given the quality of VFL football. Hannan couldn't crack agame at Melbourne yet he is and has been a walk up start with us. Says everything you need to know.
    I think that is a sign on how poorly we're doing.

Tim O'Brien dropped makes me happy. Don't see anything in him at all and still have 2 years and 6 games left on his contract.

Happy to see Schache get another week and they weren't so quick to pull the rug out on him. With Sweet out he had to play that role that divides us in here, although Hannan is back so Beveridge may play those stupid games again.

6. Likes Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Mostly happy with the ins though like others slightly baffled by the Hannan inclusion. Hopefully it is an experiment that works.
    Glad to see Schache still in the team but not many chances left - he needs a decent game.

Good that Hickey is not playing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    Mostly happy with the ins though like others slightly baffled by the Hannan inclusion. Hopefully it is an experiment that works.
    Glad to see Schache still in the team but not many chances left - he needs a decent game.

Good that Hickey is not playing.
    We just have to trust the MC that they've made the correct call with Hannan. I agree that Hickey being out might be a bonus for us.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

9. Likes Swoop liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hannan going back is an experiment worth trying. I know Bevo has his critics but he did throw Dale back with relative success. Clearly they've identified the importance of having a 3rd taller type that can be versatile and play tall or short so why not give him a crack?

With regards to his fitness, obviously there's a lot of data that they have access to and if they deem him match fit who am I to disagree.

I am pleased for Shache to receive another opportunity and hopefully he benefits from the confidence shown in him. He's probably on his last chance.

I'm keen to see Garcia crack in. I've seen some recent negative comments around him being delisted but I see a future for him. He brings tenacity and intensity in a team that's lacking a bit of grunt. I'm looking forward to him showing the football world what he's capable of.

11. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Likes josie, SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He hasn't ever played as a backman. What makes us suddenly think you can elevate him against Sydney at the G to be that versitile lockdown player. We saw how hard it was with Scott on Cameron. I have no faith in Hannan. In the 18months he's been with us he has played maybe 2 to 3 good games of footy. I get the "role" player, but we have so many of these now that to me it seems as we have the stars and a support crew and the support crew are there just making up numbers, but not really impacting the overall performance (in a positive way)
    Yep its called desperation stakes( I'm talking about the longer term approach with Hannan don't see a role for him as a forward and our smalls down back have been disappointing defensively).

Make no mistake, no matter what Bevo said publicly about our defence he knows its been our biggest issue this year. Keath and O'Brien both should be dropped they have been bloody awful the last month of footy, he is having a crack at a different mix again potentially ,we can't keep going the way we have down there.

I still hold out some faith that if we can win tomorrow night, then get Baz back and hopefully Bruce soon we could gain some momentum. However I still think it might be best to split the season here finish 9-10 which would force us to have a real hard look ourselves internally. I think if we do, utilise the trade period well then we can really bounce next year and take that next step to the top 4.

13. Likes Swoop liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
    Hannan going back is an experiment worth trying. I know Bevo has his critics but he did throw Dale back with relative success. Clearly they've identified the importance of having a 3rd taller type that can be versatile and play tall or short so why not give him a crack?

With regards to his fitness, obviously there's a lot of data that they have access to and if they deem him match fit who am I to disagree.

I am pleased for Shache to receive another opportunity and hopefully he benefits from the confidence shown in him. He's probably on his last chance.

I'm keen to see Garcia crack in. I've seen some recent negative comments around him being delisted but I see a future for him. He brings tenacity and intensity in a team that's lacking a bit of grunt. I'm looking forward to him showing the football world what he's capable of.
    To be honest, we don't know that Hannan will line up as a defender but it does look likely. Maybe he is the 2nd ruck.
    Agree about Schache as well but he needs to bounce back this week. Glad he isn't the yo-yo player.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Rather Hannan back than fwd to be honest. Not sure how he was ever a “best 22”. Worth a shot.

Team is much stronger with English and Richards in, and McComb out.

We win. By plenty.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    To be honest, we don't know that Hannan will line up as a defender but it does look likely. Maybe he is the 2nd ruck.
    Agree about Schache as well but he needs to bounce back this week. Glad he isn't the yo-yo player.
    Maybe Schache goes back and Hannan forward
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Maybe Schache goes back and Hannan forward
    Hannan played a lot down back in the 2's last week.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I don't expect the track to be that heavy, and the centre should have been covered during the heavy rain from earlier in the week.

After a sunny day and 16 degrees tomorrow the surface should be playing pretty well.
    They've had 600mm of rain this week and it only stopped raining yesterday.. Sure the centre square wicket area would've been covered, but that's a shit load of rain.

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn’t hate Hannan doing a job on that weird looking bastard Blakey. He’s probably our only guy with the speed and size to go with him.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Tim O'Brien dropped makes me happy. Don't see anything in him at all and still have 2 years and 6 games left on his contract.
    Only because I have read this twice in 2 days on here - Tim O'Brien signed a 2 year contract, out of contract at the end of 2023.

21. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post