Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  67
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 17 V Sydney At The SCG On Friday Night

Swans playing 3 fairly tall forwards in Buddy, Reid and Amartey. Will we go undersized on one with Williams or Hannan or does Schache play back?

Heeney and Papley are concerns as well. Richards seems a good match for Heeney with his size and speed, Scott might have to take Papley.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Swans playing 3 fairly tall forwards in Buddy, Reid and Amartey. Will we go undersized on one with Williams or Hannan or does Schache play back?
    I would go with Schache and leave Hannan forward. Why experiment now?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Posted the same question as Axe.

To bad's point why experiment with Schache back when we've been playing him forward?

I'm actually sick to death of picking line-ups that have us guessing where we're going to have players playing... what chance do our players have when we are consistently shuffling the deck?

4. Likes G-Mo77, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I would go with Schache and leave Hannan forward. Why experiment now?
    Schache could play on whoever their relief ruck is (Amartey or Reid) and follow them into the ruck. English can ruck whenever Ladhams is in there. Makes sense so no way it happens.

6. Likes bornadog, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post

To bad's point why experiment with Schache back when we've been playing him forward?

I'm actually sick to death of picking line-ups that have us guessing where we're going to have players playing... what chance do our players have when we are consistently shuffling the deck?
    I think Schache is less of an experiment back than Hannan. Schache has played quite a few games in the VFL in the backline, Hannan one.

But, as you say, who knows.

The other concern for tonight is three players are coming back from concussion.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

It is all part of GVGjr plan to keep the posting traffic on woof.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

9. Likes bornadog, Swoop, DOG GOD, Funke disco liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That's where Beveridge lets himself down, he tries to get too cute with selections and IMO is that it's to keep opponents guessing. It rarely works, they select their best lineup and blow us away for a quarter or completely, then we play catch up.

You're right, for players to learn a position they need stability. Schache plays VFL defensive, 1 game back, scrap it after a quarter and into the forward line, dropped next week. Now returns as a Ruck/Fwd. It's one or the other! This is just one player as an example, there are quite a few more over the years.

11. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I wouldn’t hate Hannan doing a job on that weird looking bastard Blakey. He’s probably our only guy with the speed and size to go with him.
    His nick name is Lizard.

Post Thanks / Like

They've had 600mm of rain this week and it only stopped raining yesterday.. Sure the centre square wicket area would've been covered, but that's a shit load of rain.
    It's physics. Pretty sure SCG has one of these installed:

https://blog.sporteng.com.au/what-is...turf%20surface.

It will be softer than usual but not a complete bog I wouldn't have thought, while any surface water should be dried out by today's weather.

Well, in theory anyway! As usual, I could be FoS and proved wrong once the game commences!
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

The inclusion of Amartey worries me. He always seems to play well against us.
    WOOF Member 422