Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  129
Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Always Right Match Committee Round 19 V Melbourne At Marvel On Saturday Night

Welcome to the Always Right Match Committee Thread. The Match Committee threads has been named after long time WOOF member Always Right who tragically passed away in March 2018.

If you were on the Western Bulldogs match committee what changes would you make after our Round 18 match against St.Kilda for our Round 19 match against Melbourne at Marvel on Saturday Night.

For those new to these threads, please give a brief explanation for your changes ... this would add a lot of value to the discussion.
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 19 V Melbourne At Marvel On Saturday Night

Bump
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 19 V Melbourne At Marvel On Saturday Night

Do we stick with the two ruckman again? Stats might say no but it might have helped the midfielders.

4. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Do we stick with the two ruckman again? Stats might say no but it might have helped the midfielders.
    Yes. We should’ve stuck with Sweet last week. English has been poor two weeks running. Gawn will chew him up and spit him out next week.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

6. Likes josie, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Surely.

What do the results show when we run with two ruckman? If I recall it was heavily skewed in favour of playing both, despite the coach’s continued reluctance to do it.

I don’t care what Sweet’s stats are, his inclusion seems to generate an elastic effect on the midfield’s effectiveness.

8. Likes westbulldog, Bullies, boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Our clearences are so much cleaner when Sweet is in the ruck. He may not get a lot of it around the ground himself but the service he gives the mids is first class and makes up for it.

10. Likes westbulldog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Tempted to drop Cody, he needs to go back to basics has had a very ordinary year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Tempted to drop Cody, he needs to go back to basics has had a very ordinary year.
    I call bullshit on this comment.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I call bullshit on this comment.
    All good. I just have higher expectations of him he is an elite talent last year I thought he was sensational. He is better than just a good pressure forward at the moment he is no where near it.

Nothing wrong with a week in the VFL, it has worked for Macrae it can work for him.

I'm expecting Sweet to be dropped If Naughty is ready to return.

Post Thanks / Like

Seriously. No comment.

15. Likes dadsgirl16 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He isn't playing well but I can't see him being dropped. He's kicked 2 bags of 5 this year and while I'd like to see him get a few more possessions each game he does a fair bit of defensive work as well. I think he's earning his spot.

Post Thanks / Like

He's still working super hard off the ball it's just not clicking possession wise.
    West has almost become our best small forward.
    I thought he was struggling with his elbow but he looked good last night.

Ordinary year is a misrepresentation I think but respect your view.

18. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

In: Naughton
    Out: McNeil

I also thought Hannan was average and used it poorly, but think we’ll stick with him. If not Schache could come in and play back.

Post Thanks / Like

I can’t see how we play Sweet & Bruce next week… Bruce wasn’t even competitive and Sweet either plays as #1 ruck or not at all.

21. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I can’t see how we play Sweet & Bruce next week… Bruce wasn’t even competitive and Sweet either plays as #1 ruck or not at all.
    My concern is English hasn't been competitive the last two weeks.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

23. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post