Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  129
Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Always Right Match Committee Round 19 V Melbourne At Marvel On Saturday Night

Welcome to the Always Right Match Committee Thread. The Match Committee threads has been named after long time WOOF member Always Right who tragically passed away in March 2018.

If you were on the Western Bulldogs match committee what changes would you make after our Round 18 match against St.Kilda for our Round 19 match against Melbourne at Marvel on Saturday Night.

For those new to these threads, please give a brief explanation for your changes ... this would add a lot of value to the discussion.
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 19 V Melbourne At Marvel On Saturday Night

Bump
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 19 V Melbourne At Marvel On Saturday Night

Do we stick with the two ruckman again? Stats might say no but it might have helped the midfielders.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

4. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Do we stick with the two ruckman again? Stats might say no but it might have helped the midfielders.
    Yes. We should’ve stuck with Sweet last week. English has been poor two weeks running. Gawn will chew him up and spit him out next week.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

6. Likes josie, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Tempted to drop Cody, he needs to go back to basics has had a very ordinary year.

Post Thanks / Like

In: Naughton
    Out: McNeil

I also thought Hannan was average and used it poorly, but think we’ll stick with him. If not Schache could come in and play back.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Tempted to drop Cody, he needs to go back to basics has had a very ordinary year.
    I call bullshit on this comment.

Post Thanks / Like

I can’t see how we play Sweet & Bruce next week… Bruce wasn’t even competitive and Sweet either plays as #1 ruck or not at all.

11. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I can’t see how we play Sweet & Bruce next week… Bruce wasn’t even competitive and Sweet either plays as #1 ruck or not at all.
    My concern is English hasn't been competitive the last two weeks.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

13. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    He (English) was better in the ruck contests, but did very little around the ground…. Just don’t see what Sweet offers except being competitive in in the ruck. He was a liability when he played as a forward and wasn’t helped that Bruce was too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Surely.

What do the results show when we run with two ruckman? If I recall it was heavily skewed in favour of playing both, despite the coach’s continued reluctance to do it.

I don’t care what Sweet’s stats are, his inclusion seems to generate an elastic effect on the midfield’s effectiveness.

16. Likes westbulldog, Bullies, boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

In Naughton Cleary or O'Brien McLean or Hunter
    Out Bruce McNeill Hannan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Tim is mentioned by Bevo in his presser for getting us going in the first. Won the hit outs. Competitive plus. Not sure what else he has to do. His around the ground wasn't up to his standard and his marking too. Rusty if anything. Before he was injured/ concussed earlier in the season Tim was touted as the best ruck going around. Bit too hard on him Aza.

19. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You don't feel like Hannan and Bruce are worth persisting with?

21. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

In Naughton, Hunter
    Out Sweet, McNeil

Would consider Schache in for Keath.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."