Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  129
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 19 V Melbourne At Marvel On Saturday Night

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Not sure how we could play Bruce again based on his performance against St.Kilda... I want to see him do well, but he really battled and to be any chance against Melb we just can't allow the intercept marks that we've given up the last 2 weeks.
    Noticed he had trouble leaping and/or misreading his leaps going for marks.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 19 V Melbourne At Marvel On Saturday Night

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Well what was was your opinion.? He had the most hitouts on the ground?
    In my view English was disappointing against both the Swans and Saints.

He was outworked against the swans and may have won the hitouts against the saints but he only got 8 touches against Toth saints and 13 against the swans.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

3. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

In: Schache, Naughts, Hunter, Scott
    Out: Sweet, Bruce, Truck, McNeil

- If Hunter and Scott are okay and ready to run, I'd have them in
    - Schache as R2/fwd. Gives us a bit of mobility. I get wanting to play Sweet too but really don't want him and Juice in same side whatever we go with
    - Hard on Juice and I think the right call to go with him last week. Just the worst possible side for him to play against.

5. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    In: Schache, Naughts, Hunter, Scott
    Out: Sweet, Bruce, Truck, McNeil

- If Hunter and Scott are okay and ready to run, I'd have them in
    - Schache as R2/fwd. Gives us a bit of mobility. I get wanting to play Sweet too but really don't want him and Juice in same side whatever we go with
    - Hard on Juice and I think the right call to go with him last week. Just the worst possible side for him to play against.
    I think Bruce stays Bevo was all about having all 3 of them down there to stretch opposition (Naughts, Bruce, Marra) so I'm thinking the template will out vote the match ups.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I think Bruce stays Bevo was all about having all 3 of them down there to stretch opposition (Naughts, Bruce, Marra) so I'm thinking the template will out vote the match ups.
    Yeah, Schache can replace Bruce there as one of the three.

I prefer Sweet in the ruck and Juice up forward to Schache. My issue is having Bruce and Sweet in the same 22 against the Dees.

8. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, Schache can replace Bruce there as one of the three.

I prefer Sweet in the ruck and Juice up forward to Schache. My issue is having Bruce and Sweet in the same 22 against the Dees.
    Like it.

I think I'd so the same.

Post Thanks / Like

May be Bruce has general soreness this week
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    May be Bruce has general soreness this week
    'Managed'.

I do not believe not playing him this week is admission that we made a mistake playing him last week (and even if so, compounding a mistake is stupid),

We had Schache out. The Saints KPD without Howard = VFL level. Dees feast on immobile forwards.

Post Thanks / Like

'Managed'.

I do not believe not playing him this week is admission that we made a mistake playing him last week (and even if so, compounding a mistake is stupid),

We had Schache out. The Saints KPD without Howard = VFL level. Dees feast on immobile forwards.
    He actually mentioned on the abc interview that it was a bit rushed.
    I think it was a slip of the tongue because when pressed (I think by Ling) he went back into his media training kit bag.

I'll see if I can find the interview.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    He actually mentioned on the abc interview that it was a bit rushed.
    I think it was a slip of the tongue because when pressed (I think by Ling) he went back into his media training kit bag.

I'll see if I can find the interview.
    The news that he was making his return came out on like Tuesday so wouldn't appear to be related to a late covid diagnosis for Naughton or anything
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    In my view English was disappointing against both the Swans and Saints.

He was outworked against the swans and may have won the hitouts against the saints but he only got 8 touches against Toth saints and 13 against the swans.
    So different standards for Tim v Sweet
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

English had some really bad moments outside of the ruck contests, but clearly performed well within them.

It's not strange that somebody would come back from concussion and not perform perfectly. But, I back him to round out his game from here and it's a massive positive he performed well against a pretty good combo in the actual ruck craft last week.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    So different standards for Tim v Sweet
    Yes, they should be held to different standards due to their development overall.

Sweet is a developing first ruck, I'm sure trying his best and learning his craft. We all want the best for him, but with Tim playing his position is always going to be tenuous unless he can show consistent capabilities outside of the single act of rucking.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Not sure how we could play Bruce again based on his performance against St.Kilda... I want to see him do well, but he really battled and to be any chance against Melb we just can't allow the intercept marks that we've given up the last 2 weeks.
    Agree but I don't think they'll drop him Mantis.

Post Thanks / Like

Gawn seems to be really struggling at the moment returning from his ankle injury. I wonder if we can use that at all.
    Ah, the old ankle tap! One of the oldest tricks in the book.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."