Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  103
Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Always Right Match Committee Round 18 V St. Kilda At Marvel On Friday Night

Welcome to the Always Right Match Committee Thread. The Match Committee threads has been named after long time WOOF member Always Right who tragically passed away in March 2018.

If you were on the Western Bulldogs match committee what changes would you make after our Round 17 match against Sydney for our Round 18 match against St. Kilda at Marvel on Friday Night.

For those new to these threads, please give a brief explanation for your changes ... this would add a lot of value to the discussion.
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 18 V St. Kilda At Marvel On Friday Night

Bump
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

In: Bazz Smith, Toby Mclean, Cleary

Out: Bedendo, Williams, Scott
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Can't even process this at the moment. It will take a couple of days. But I will be at Marvel on Friday night.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    In: Bazz Smith, Toby Mclean, Cleary

Out: Bedendo, Williams, Scott
    I like these ins but do you think McLean can back up after 5 days given what he has missed or do we give him 2 or 3 quarters on Sunday?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Out Scott (inj) Hunter Bedendo McComb
    In B.Smith McLean O’Brien

Bont surely must be season over soon.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I like these ins but do you think McLean can back up after 5 days given what he has missed or do we give him 2 or 3 quarters on Sunday?
    I forgot they are playing Sunday.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

If McComb gets another game I’ll spew up.

There were way too many passengers tonight, a message needs to be sent. There needs to be wholesale changes.

Out:- McComb, Scott (concussion), Bendendo, Hunter
    In:- Smith, Buku, Cleary, Vandermeer (if he gets through the Footscray game okay)
    WOOF Member 422

9. Likes Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    If McComb gets another game I’ll spew up.

There were way too many passengers tonight, a message needs to be sent. There needs to be wholesale changes.

Out:- McComb, Scott (concussion), Bendendo, Hunter
    In:- Smith, Buku, Cleary, Vandermeer (if he gets through the Footscray game okay)
    You need another out as McComb was a medical sub.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    You need another out as McComb was a medical sub.
    Can I drop McComb twice?
    WOOF Member 422

12. Thanks The Bulldogs Bite thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    Can I drop McComb twice?
    We need a laugh and this was perfect, Scraggers!
    W00F!

14. Likes Scraggers liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm looking at next year now

I would leave Bedendo, Jamarra, West in for the rest of the year.

We should look at giving Darcy a run before the season is over. He is the real deal.

We should have a look at a Sweet/English ruck combo. At least give it a try for a few games.

I'd be playing Cleary ahead of others like O'Brien, Cordy, Crozier. He should have played last night
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

Out Scott (inj) Hunter Keath Hannan McComb
    In B Smith Cleary O'Brien Sweet

17. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I’d give him 2 quarters and play him this week.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

19. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    I'm looking at next year now

I would leave Bedendo, Jamarra, West in for the rest of the year.

We should look at giving Darcy a run before the season is over. He is the real deal.

We should have a look at a Sweet/English ruck combo. At least give it a try for a few games.

I'd be playing Cleary ahead of others like O'Brien, Cordy, Crozier. He should have played last night
    Agree definitely need to give game time to those mentioned. Should also include Khamis and bring back VDM and McNeill. The more experience these guys receive the better of we will be in the long run. I would also keep Schache in till the end of the year. Give him an extended run to see if there is anything consistent and worth keeping. On the stat sheet he took our most marks last night thus at least he is getting into position.

Whilst we are all doom and gloom about our recent performances (and so we should be) we can start building a team around Marra, Naughton, Darcy and English which includes Bont, Daniel, Dale etc. Fix the deficiencies in defence and we are thereabouts in the next 12 to 24 months. Look at the age bracket of that spine. That is a once in a lifetime spine.

21. Likes The bulldog tragician liked this post