Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  103
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 18 V St. Kilda At Marvel On Friday Night

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    Typically conservative from you, fair enough.
    Not sure why. How many games has he played in the VFL?
    We may as well coz our season will be done and dusted by the time we reach Geel, but I sure as hell wouldn’t wanna see him up against the likes of Cameron and Hawkins…if you would, then that’s good for you.

Not sure I’d wanna see him torn apart when there will be nothing to gain from it.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    We may as well coz our season will be done and dusted by the time we reach Geel, but I sure as hell wouldn’t wanna see him up against the likes of Cameron and Hawkins…if you would, then that’s good for you.

Not sure I’d wanna see him torn apart when there will be nothing to gain from it.
    I see conservatives as primarily motivated by fear like you just exhibited again. Me opposite but respect you and our common love.
    I am coming out as a depressed optimist.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post

No one is suggesting he plays a lockdown role on either of them.

I just think he's worth getting some games into in a role that will hopefully give him a chance to get a feel for the level.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

4. Likes Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupman View Post

I just think he's worth getting some games into in a role that will hopefully give him a chance to get a feel for the level.
    After seeing Sam play v Zebras, I know what I saw, brains, unbeatable marking, vulnerable inherited knees, kicking like legendary David Darcy and tall, very tall and mobile with brains.
    He may not play sax have a Phd or speak German but his brains are for football.
    Yes to him playing v Saints.
    Last edited by BornInDroopSt'54; 13-07-2022 at 10:07 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Agree with this as I would say if they did play Darcy he would be the intercept defender meaning he actually wouldn't play on anyone seeing Geelong/Melbourne play a few behind the ball. He would basically fill the hole down the back so have no issue with him getting that kind of experience. Good way to pick up the pace of the game and good experience for next year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    Agree with this as I would say if they did play Darcy he would be the intercept defender meaning he actually wouldn't play on anyone seeing Geelong/Melbourne play a few behind the ball. He would basically fill the hole down the back so have no issue with him getting that kind of experience. Good way to pick up the pace of the game and good experience for next year.
    I think he'd be second ruck forward and Schache would go back if he played.

Post Thanks / Like

I will be very disappointed if Ugle-Hagan is dropped for Josh Bruce.

JUH is a confidence player and he is making small improvements each and every week.

Actually I will be disappointed if Ugle-Hagan is dropped full stop.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I think he'd be second ruck forward and Schache would go back if he played.
    I believe this is the only role we could give Darcy a go at.

Schache to the backline makes some sense. He was ok there last year and it certainly has more merit against the St Kilda talls than any use of Hannan.

Not sure how we bring in both Bruce and Darcy. Certainly want JUH retained and don't believe there is justification to drop Schache.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

I reckon the ruck forward role is tough and way too physically demanding to expect Darcy to have any kind of impact in.

Plus if we wanted to swing Schache back we would have already done so. IIRC he spent the whole pre season training there (really not sure on that) and has not played a single minute in defence this season.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

I reckon the ruck forward role is tough and way too physically demanding to expect Darcy to have any kind of impact in.

Plus if we wanted to swing Schache back we would have already done so. IIRC he spent the whole pre season training there (really not sure on that) and has not played a single minute in defence this season.
    As far as I know, he did spend the pre-season training with the defensive unit and lined up on a wing in round one. I think he has spent a little time there this year but he's most be used in that forward role.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    As far as I know, he did spend the pre-season training with the defensive unit and lined up on a wing in round one. I think he has spent a little time there this year but he's most be used in that forward role.
    Schache played back in the first half against Adelaide.

Swung forward after half time to kick 2 goals and was rewarded by getting dropped to Footscray.

13. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If we look at what Darcy has done at Footscray, he has performed best as ruck/forward.

When he played back he was not winning 1x1 contests and was too slow against leading forwards.

If he is picked it should be where he is performing best.

15. Thanks BornInDroopSt'54 thanked for this post
    Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I will be very disappointed if Ugle-Hagan is dropped for Josh Bruce.

JUH is a confidence player and he is making small improvements each and every week.

Actually I will be disappointed if Ugle-Hagan is dropped full stop.
    Agree with this.. he needs to continue to play.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    Schache played back in the first half against Adelaide.

Swung forward after half time to kick 2 goals and was rewarded by getting dropped to Footscray.
    But, to be fair, only for 6 games. Last year it was 10. So the selection committee is obviously warming to him.

18. Likes Bulldog Joe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’d be surprised if Marra was dropped for Bruce. Bevo spoke pretty consistently about wanting to have Bruce to play alongside him last season so it’s obviously the mix that he thinks will let us get the most out of Marra.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -