Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  103
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 18 V St. Kilda At Marvel On Friday Night

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    If McComb gets another game I’ll spew up.

There were way too many passengers tonight, a message needs to be sent. There needs to be wholesale changes.

Out:- McComb, Scott (concussion), Bendendo, Hunter
    In:- Smith, Buku, Cleary, Vandermeer (if he gets through the Footscray game okay)
    A message should have been sent in the first part of the season. Too late now.

Not sure only dropping Hunter is actually sending a message.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    A message should have been sent in the first part of the season. Too late now.

Not sure only dropping Hunter is actually sending a message.
    trouble is very little to come in. With 12 on injury list in first half there was no one left
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    Agree definitely need to give game time to those mentioned. Should also include Khamis and bring back VDM and McNeill. The more experience these guys receive the better of we will be in the long run. I would also keep Schache in till the end of the year. Give him an extended run to see if there is anything consistent and worth keeping. On the stat sheet he took our most marks last night thus at least he is getting into position.

Whilst we are all doom and gloom about our recent performances (and so we should be) we can start building a team around Marra, Naughton, Darcy and English which includes Bont, Daniel, Dale etc. Fix the deficiencies in defence and we are thereabouts in the next 12 to 24 months. Look at the age bracket of that spine. That is a once in a lifetime spine.
    Certainly wasn't our worst and tried hard all night which I liked.

4. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cleary has to come in. Get games into him, there's a bit to work with there.
    I don't really care beyond that.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

6. Likes G-Mo77, Bullies, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

In: McLean, Cleary, Darcy

Out: Hannan, Hunter, Scott

If we are gonna have a player stand 35m out from the other team's goal and not man up anyone I'd rather it be Darcy, who's looked pretty good at it in the VFL and might actually mark something.

I'd also rather we give away the chance to be the sub to one lucky fan in some sort of promotional contest than have it be McComb again.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post

If we are gonna have a player stand 35m out from the other team's goal and not man up anyone I'd rather it be Darcy, who's looked pretty good at it in the VFL and might actually mark something.

I'd also rather we give away the chance to be the sub to one lucky fan in some sort of promotional contest than have it be McComb again.
    Have a kick off. Whoever can hit the target is sub.

9. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Cleary has to come in. Get games into him, there's a bit to work with there.
    I don't really care beyond that.
    This one right here. I was a bit sceptical because he's still a real thin kid but he's got some real potential and will be a long time player for us IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    Can I drop McComb twice?
    Can we just play one short

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    Can we just play one short
    We do

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

13. Likes I'm Not Bitter Anymore! liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m not sure changing any of the players is gonna make much of a difference. We flat out sucked last night, more or less across the board. I’d drop McComb cause I don’t think he should be on a list, but he’s not the reason we lost and won’t be the reason we win or lose next week.

15. Likes Mofra, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    No GG, whoever can hit the target is our new forward line kicking coach.
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    I’m not sure changing any of the players is gonna make much of a difference. We flat out sucked last night, more or less across the board. I’d drop McComb cause I don’t think he should be on a list, but he’s not the reason we lost and won’t be the reason we win or lose next week.
    At minimum Scott out and Baz in

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    The guy who at half time against the Hawks stood in the goal square to take marks for Mission Foods dollars would be my choice.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

19. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We need to try and keep wining games. Hunter stays in, he was always going to be rusty for his first couple back after his layoff. Of any of the poor performers he is the most likely to actually come good.

Hannan stays, but plays forward in his usual forward-defencive role. Again, after a long layoff he was always going to take a bit of time to get back into it, it was idiocy of the MC to try and generate something different in his game because let's face it, he's not the smartest player but can contribute if given continuity in a role he's familiar with.

I don't know anything more than that right now. Just my initial thoughts, with obviously Baz coming in.

Out - McComb, Scott
    In - Baz, TBC
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    The guy who at half time against the Hawks stood in the goal square to take marks for Mission Foods dollars would be my choice.
    Big lad who dropped $1500 of chest marks!?