Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  27
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things you've learnt round 15 2022 v Hawthorn

Re pt 3. (Scott) so true.

Thank God we snared him before the Injectors.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Afl goal assists for this year. West equal 2nd, Bont 4th, McComb & Smith 7th along side 11 other players. McComb doing a good job.

2. McNeil needs a run in the VFL next week.

3. Naughty's kicking for goal has improved this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelGrip View Post
    1. Modern football jumpers tear easily.

2. Rhylee West is the 2022 Clay Smith (with an added touch of Libba).

3. We had four talls forward at times in the last quarter. O’Brien could be our Billy Duckworth come finals.
    Worth keeping as an option.
    All great points
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

4. Thanks SquirrelGrip thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

No offence to Clay and his otherworldy 2016 but I thimk Rhylee can aim a little higher up the shelf.

To be clear this is a compliment.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

6. Thanks comrade thanked for this post
    Likes SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Sweet’s ruck work enabled the likes of Liberatore and Macrae to dominate the centre clearances
    2. A far better selected attack with West Schache and Ugle- Hagen providing greater balance.
    3. You have to seriously question the selection of Weightman who clearly hadn’t recovered from injury

8. Likes DOG GOD, westbulldog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Who are you replacing these two with?
    Happy for either Hunter/Garcia for McComb. Not fussed on that as any would be an upgrade. Would like to see Cleary get a chance of half back. He shows a bit of composure for someone with little experience which is something Crozier no longer has.

10. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    No offence to Clay and his otherworldy 2016 but I thimk Rhylee can aim a little higher up the shelf.

To be clear this is a compliment.
    If Clay managed to not do three knees and get some continuity he'd still be playing and would be something other than what we've seen for us outside of Libba in terms of scrap, actual good ball use and goal kicking ability.

And while I get it is a compliment, Clay would have been Ollie Wines good around the ball but with the offencive ability to rip teams apart because of his nous forward of centre.

His awkwardness in field kicking aside, he was a solid finisher and a complete *!*!*!*!ing mongrel. What he did for us in 2016 was amazing given how hard he had it leading into that year.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

And as that relates to West, I've always been a believer.

Where he is better than Clay is how he can use the ball both sides and also compete in the air. His kicking was something I called out as underrated from his draft year, but I didn't see his overhead marking skills coming.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westbulldog View Post
    1. Weightman probably should have been rested.
    2, Aaron Naughton is very protective of his headband.
    3. With more aggression Josh Schache could be a very valuable player, certainly has the ability.

Josh needs to watch all the incredible Hulk movies and scenes from the Avengers.

Lewis took tome telling Marks by using his 207 cm physique and just force his presence in the contest. 4 goals

Schache could be anything with his 201 cm frame and 94 kg weight ... he just has to absorb Hulk's aggression for 90 mins for the game. BRING IT ON!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    Josh needs to watch all the incredible Hulk movies and scenes from the Avengers.

Lewis took tome telling Marks by using his 207 cm physique and just force his presence in the contest. 4 goals

Schache could be anything with his 201 cm frame and 94 kg weight ... he just has to absorb Hulk's aggression for 90 mins for the game. BRING IT ON!
    I was about to post the best thing for Josh would be to watch some pretend stuff instead of working hard at training, thanks for getting in first.

15. Likes macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Libba is playing career best football which can't be overstated enough considering his injury history

2. JUH's 'breakout' game is just around the corner

3. Watching West tear games apart warms the cockles of my heart seeing that his old is up there with one of my all time favs. With the right coaching he could be a 200 game player
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

I was as harsh on West on here as anyone but his 6 games have completely turned me around.

He's playing the Vandermeer role except he's actually impacting games, getting the ball, having hurt factor with the ball and not doing his hammies. He even appears to be getting slightly more midfield time. Some of the major reasons I was down on him were because he was selfish, made low percentage plays and turned it over easily with ball in hand. Virtually none of these have been evident in his playing of late, and the positive impact he has made has been super impressive.

Still think he has a toddlers body and unsure if he will be able to transition into a proper midfield role, but is far and away the best performing of all the small forward/mid types we have tried for years and it baffles me how he has been behind all these other guys for this role.

He's gone from a player i do not rate at all to someone who I get excited for when he approaches the contest, quite the turnaround, or maybe I'm just fickle.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I was about to post the best thing for Josh would be to watch some pretend stuff instead of working hard at training, thanks for getting in first.
    Josh's father who played with the Brisbane Bears wasn't considered to be tough enough for coach Robert Walls. Story is that to toughen him up Walls had player after player box Laurence with the intention of making him tougher. It was cruel to see according to some witnesses. It wasn't known at the time but Laurence had a heart condition and unfortunately died at 35 years old. Sad story. Later in life Walls attempted to down play the incident.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Josh's father who played with the Brisbane Bears wasn't considered to be tough enough for coach Robert Walls. Story is that to toughen him up Walls had player after player box Laurence with the intention of making him tougher. It was cruel to see according to some witnesses. It wasn't known at the time but Laurence had a heart condition and unfortunately died at 35 years old. Sad story. Later in life Walls attempted to down play the incident.
    I didn't know his dad copped that treatment from Walls et al at Brisbane. I did know it happened to Shane Strempel.

Walls is a dick.

20. Likes Twodogs, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I didn't know his dad copped that treatment from Walls et al at Brisbane. I did know it happened to Shane Strempel.

Walls is a dick.
    I always thought it was Schache but I think you are right Jee. I remember Strempel getting that treatment. Should have done by research before I posted.