Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  27
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things you've learnt round 15 2022 v Hawthorn

Quote Originally Posted by soupman View Post
    Still think he has a toddlers body and unsure if he will be able to transition into a proper midfield role, but is far and away the best performing of all the small forward/mid types we have tried for years and it baffles me how he has been behind all these other guys for this role.
    Okay that's pretty funny.

He can be our Toby Greene - he's phenomenal overhead for a guy with little baby t-rex arms and is phenomenal one on one for anybody (check the way he murked Harry Himmelberg against GWS). Plus he is dangerous as all hell around goals and seems like he would be willing to kick someone in their damn mouth if it came down to it.

I've always known he had something but I'd be lying if I said I saw this level of potential in him before.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

2. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If he has the tank I don't really care what shape West's body is. He's skilled, hard, can tackle, and has great hands, so in my view he can play midfield when the time is right.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    If he has the tank I don't really care what shape West's body is. He's skilled, hard, can tackle, and has great hands, so in my view he can play midfield when the time is right.
    Steve Wallis wasn't exactly muscle-bound but he was one of the hardest bastards I ever saw.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

West looks to be very strong to me. Doug Hawkins was very hard to out position/move off the ball and West has that too.

2. Schache had a good game.

3. My doubts about Scott are evaporating. He is versatile and pulling his weight.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

1/ West is surprising me... manic when the ball is in his area and strong overhead. Happy that he's taking his chances.

2/ Our forward-line looks dangerous when Naughts has support that isn't Zaine Cordy... who would've thought.

3/ I don't have confidence in any of our defenders that they can halve or win a 1:1 contest... they're a concern.

7. Likes Sedat, The Bulldogs Bite, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Josh's father who played with the Brisbane Bears wasn't considered to be tough enough for coach Robert Walls. Story is that to toughen him up Walls had player after player box Laurence with the intention of making him tougher. It was cruel to see according to some witnesses. It wasn't known at the time but Laurence had a heart condition and unfortunately died at 35 years old. Sad story. Later in life Walls attempted to down play the incident.
    Josh later moved to Seymour with his Mother hence the WB connection. He works out at a local gym in Seymour run by one of our Club’s major donors. Still young enough to be a very effective key forward with good skills but has lacked confidence in the past.

9. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Likes Bulldog4life liked this post