Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  41
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moment: Rnd 15, 2022 vs Hawthorn

JJ was good when we were not. That’s a promising sign.

His goal felt really good. For me it was the highlight of the game. About 10 minutes out from quarter time we seemed to stem the bleeding that was occurring during our crap start, I don’t think there was a definitive moment per se, but something shifted there.

Alternatively, James So-silly doing his thing was a real moment for us. Thought he’d cleaned up his act a bit, but obviously not.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Alternatively, James So-silly doing his thing was a real moment for us. Thought he’d cleaned up his act a bit, but obviously not.
    It’s the Libba factor. Has there been another player that is so effective at causing opposition players to lose their minds? He not only drives them mad, he cuts them up with ball in hand. I wish he could play forever or was 23 again. Gonna be devastating when he’s done.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I've got to watch this game again but I think I can find a Schache moment.
    In the big blue Schache was on the bottom of the pack doing his bit. Impressive.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    JJ was good when we were not. That’s a promising sign.

His goal felt really good. For me it was the highlight of the game. About 10 minutes out from quarter time we seemed to stem the bleeding that was occurring during our crap start, I don’t think there was a definitive moment per se, but something shifted there.

Noticed after the blue Sicily on the bench laughing with Mitchell. Could it have been a directive from the coach? Wouldn't doubt it Mitchell wasn't the cleanest of players. Used to lead with his knee. Copped a few players doing that.

5. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Remember when Sicily cost hawks a game at the G a few years back when he gave a double goal to Schache? We came from the clouds in the fourth quarter.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

7. Thanks GVGjr, SonofScray thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Remember when Sicily cost hawks a game at the G a few years back when he gave a double goal to Schache? We came from the clouds in the fourth quarter.
    Difficult to like. Loves playing the villain. Wonder if he will ever grow up?

Post Thanks / Like

The moment for me was when Bont laid Sicily on his arse. Beautiful to watch.

10. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Going from Hawks 5.4 - Dogs 1.4 to Dogs 14.10 - Hawks 5.11.

2 quarters where we kicked 13.6 to their 7 behinds. Dominant.

12. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Noticed after the blue Sicily on the bench laughing with Mitchell. Could it have been a directive from the coach? Wouldn't doubt it Mitchell wasn't the cleanest of players. Used to lead with his knee. Copped a few players doing that.
    Mitchell said in his presser afterwards something along the lines of "at least he did something, it's better than doing nothing" when talking about Sicily.

So I think the whole start a blue mindset is definitely in play.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

14. Thanks Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Mitchell said in his presser afterwards something along the lines of "at least he did something, it's better than doing nothing" when talking about Sicily.

So I think the whole start a blue mindset is definitely in play.
    We'd be lauding one of our boys if we did in the exact same circumstances. They had to do something.

IIRC Hawks had the next shot on goal so... it worked.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Difficult to like. Loves playing the villain. Wonder if he will ever grow up?
    I'm kind of opposite view, maybe I have a soft spot for him considering where he's from but he shows passion and can certainly play.
    I'd be ok with him at the dogs. Guys who fly the flag when the chips are down are ok by me. Just need to know the line.
    He's captain at a very good club for a reason in McEvoy's absence.

17. Thanks angelopetraglia thanked for this post
    Likes SonofScray, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I'm kind of opposite view, maybe I have a soft spot for him considering where he's from but he shows passion and can certainly play.
    I'd be ok with him at the dogs. Guys who fly the flag when the chips are down are ok by me. Just need to know the line.
    He's captain at a very good club for a reason in McEvoy's absence.
    Don't disagree with the sentiment. He is tough. He is a good player. He gets under the opposition skin. However, starting skimishes when you are nearly 10 goals down doesn't appear to have much upside. He would be an even better player IMHO if he could contain the extremes of his temper.

19. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don’t think Sicily is so much playing the heel as much as he’s throwing his toys out of the cot when his team is getting belted. Funny how he never really tries anything in the first quarter or on the very rare occasion that his team is winning.

Shit is embarrassing to be honest.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Don't disagree with the sentiment. He is tough. He is a good player. He gets under the opposition skin. However, starting skimishes when you are nearly 10 goals down doesn't appear to have much upside. He would be an even better player IMHO if he could contain the extremes of his temper.
    He is a ginger head.

22. Thanks angelopetraglia thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    The moment for me was when Bont laid Sicily on his arse. Beautiful to watch.
    Also in the blue, Sweet came running over, grabbed him and threw him on the ground
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

24. Likes Bulldog4life, boydogs liked this post