Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  34
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Congratulations to Jackson Macare - 200 games v Round 16 2022

Great player Jack Macrae. Just consistent for us week and week out. Love watching him play. A huge part in our midfield. Well done Jack on 200 games!
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Easy with the "we" stuff, pal.
    You and your second house advocacy knows no bounds.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

He's a pro. I remember being laughed at by Melbourne supporters at the G in 2016 when I told them he is tough as nails. All they saw was the way he looked, not the way he played and how hard he tackled, held onto the footy until he had to let it go to release someone else and how pounded his body got.

He won't ever be as good as the very best due to his inability to hit the scoreboard enough, but he will be at the top of that second tier of mids when he retires and that's nothing to sneeze at. In fact, it's absolutely elite.

What he has that others haven't had due to the way the game is played versus them, is an ability to cut zone defences apart thoughtfully, under pressure and with precision. Nobody thinks his way through the angles better than Jacko does, and this is almost competition wide - and something that is never mentioned about him when it should be.

4. Likes josie, ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Was it Ward compo?

EDIT

We whinge about Ward going to GWS, but we wouldn't have Macrae
    And we got Ward for the pick 19 that Richmond gave us for sending them McMahon. The pick that keeps on giving.

6. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    And we got Ward for the pick 19 that Richmond gave us for sending them McMahon. The pick that keeps on giving.
    It helped deliver a premiership!

Well done Jack! Already a Footscray/Western Bulldogs immortal and you're still only halfway (400 games why not) through your career.

I think I even take for granted what we have in Jackson Macrae
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    He's a pro. I remember being laughed at by Melbourne supporters at the G in 2016 when I told them he is tough as nails. All they saw was the way he looked, not the way he played and how hard he tackled, held onto the footy until he had to let it go to release someone else and how pounded his body got.

He won't ever be as good as the very best due to his inability to hit the scoreboard enough, but he will be at the top of that second tier of mids when he retires and that's nothing to sneeze at. In fact, it's absolutely elite.

What he has that others haven't had due to the way the game is played versus them, is an ability to cut zone defences apart thoughtfully, under pressure and with precision. Nobody thinks his way through the angles better than Jacko does, and this is almost competition wide - and something that is never mentioned about him when it should be.
    That would have been in the era where we all had to pretend that Nathan Jones was an elite player right? No wonder they couldn't figure out that players could be hard and have other superstar attributes at the same time.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

9. Likes jeemak, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Tough, courageous and goes about his elite work with no fuss every game. Three All-Australian selections are testament to his ability. A champion and role model in every sense, congratulations Jack !

11. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    That would have been in the era where we all had to pretend that Nathan Jones was an elite player right? No wonder they couldn't figure out that players could be hard and have other superstar attributes at the same time.
    Have you seen Nathan's brother Zac play? He's super tough too. Massively awesome at footy just like his brother as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Jack is top shelf. Hard as nails, goes all day, blue collar, star quality. Will play 300 games with a touch of luck on the injury front.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

A bulldog supporters view on Jackson Macrae since his debut.

AN UNLIKELY ANIMAL

WHEN a young player arrives on the scene at your club, it’s natural to be optimistic.

Usually it takes two or three seasons before attention turns to what they can’t do. Until then, it’s all positivity about possibility.

When Jack Macrae was selected by the Dogs, the team was pretty close to ground zero. A 5-17 15th-placed season had preceded him – only the broken Demons and the early-year expansion sides were worse.

The highs of the Rodney Eade era were well and truly over, with most of the stars of those three prelims out the door or about to be.

Macrae’s debut came in round four of 2013. Sixteen touches and a goal in a 52-point thumping at the hands of the Crows in their final season at Football Park – the Dogs managed just four goals that night.

It was evident pretty early that he knew how to find the footy, but the two things that stick in my mind from his early matches are the quick side-step mid-kicking action, and the beautiful Stevie-J cross body kicks into the forward 50.

There were the usual growing pains. And in early 2015 it wasn’t quite working. That early optimism had worn off – “He can’t kick it far, can he?” “He’s not very quick.” “Is he a winger or a proper onballer?” “Why doesn’t he kick any goals?”

CONTINUE READING HIT THE BELOW LINK....

https://fromthetopdeck.com.au/f/an-unlikely-animal
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Reminder that Jack Macrae in the state of Queensland is for whatever reason the best player in the world. Hopefully in for a big one to cap the milestone.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

16. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Geez, 200 games has gone super quick.

Congrats Jack!
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Jack Macrae, the quiet achiever. And the way he pokes his tongue out when he kicks it always makes me smile.

Post Thanks / Like

Pure silk. But how i hate when our champions play significant/final games interstate...

Post Thanks / Like

Jack Macare is such a quiet achiever I've actually never heard of him.
    "It's over. It's all over."