Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  24
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Our next 5

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Our next 5

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Ive got that crows game costing us badly…finishing 9th, a game behind 8th and a better %
    Yep, that one could haunt us.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

It may be a horror run but it is (mostly bar injuries) in our hands. Simple equation the more games we win the more chance we have of making the 8 and possibly top 4. It is a very congested table thus we keep winning and the cards will fall our way. Hopefully this year we can build momentum into the finals and carry this through to the big dance.

With players coming back and some others starting to show their wares we are primed to go deep into September

Post Thanks / Like

Richmond have a very easy run home and so does Collingwood. Both should win most of their remaining games.

We just have to keep winning and if we can then top 6 is a chance.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

I'd be much more confident if our backline was at full strength and pretty much didn't suck... we aren't defending well and unless that changes quickly I can't see us beating the other challengers.

5. Likes DOG GOD, Bullies, kruder liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I'd be much more confident if our backline was at full strength and pretty much didn't suck... we aren't defending well and unless that changes quickly I can't see us beating the other challengers.
    Agreed.

Our mids will always give us a chance, even if they have bad lapses. Our forwards have been working reasonably well together for a while.

But that back half is diabolical. I've been saying it for years but we have a bunch of defenders who cannot defend and against the top 4-5, you'll lose a lot more than you win.

I think we are a chance vs Sydney but long odds in the rest.
    W00F!

7. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Agreed.

Our mids will always give us a chance, even if they have bad lapses. Our forwards have been working reasonably well together for a while.

But that back half is diabolical. I've been saying it for years but we have a bunch of defenders who cannot defend and against the top 4-5, you'll lose a lot more than you win.

I think we are a chance vs Sydney but long odds in the rest.
    Agree with both yourself and Mantis. If our backline doesn’t hold up, we are no chance.
    I don’t think we will be favourites against Sydney in Sydney.

I also want to see Billing’s dropped for our game against the saints. He hasn’t played his 1 great game of the year yet.

When I look at the FWD lines of those teams we are playing in the next 5, I start to twitch…I feel sick.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

With our backline woes do we tweak the game plan to go full on attack mode to try and make the finals and then live and die by the attacking sword?

Or continue as is as miss the miss finals?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    With our backline woes do we tweak the game plan to go full on attack mode to try and make the finals and then live and die by the attacking sword?

Or continue as is and make the finals?

Post Thanks / Like

That Crows game is going to be the killer.

We have to cause an upset to level it.

12. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think we actually go the other way and tighten up the team defence, which hasn't been where it's needed to be the last couple of weeks.

Decent teams won't let us play like we have offencively the past couple and will score against us if we try.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I think we actually go the other way and tighten up the team defence, which hasn't been where it's needed to be the last couple of weeks.

Decent teams won't let us play like we have offencively the past couple and will score against us if we try.
    I’m not sure we have the desire to tighten our team defence otherwise we would’ve already.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

15. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m not sure we have the desire to tighten our team defence otherwise we would’ve already.
    It was pretty tight against the Pies. The WCE game was a bit different. The last three wins outside of those have been more free flowing so perhaps we're trying to pull out some scoring in the hope of generating cohesion. Bevo has talked about tightening up the team defence after our most recent wins so I think it'll be a lever we will pull.

We're in pretty good form, here's the last ten for the top eight:

Team Wins Losses Points
    Demons 7 3 28
    Cats 7 3 28
    Lions 7 3 28
    Dockers 7 3 28
    Blues 7 3 28
    Pies 7 3 28
    Dogs 7 3 28
    Swans 6 4 24

We need one or two of the sides above us to have a bad run like we did at the start of the season (for whatever reason), and that can easily happen (like it did to us last season - yay!).

Let's see if the form continues.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm Gold Coast could be a wild card. They have the tigers and pies at home in the next 2 weeks. And potential percentage boosters in North, Eagles, Hawks and the Bombers.

Pies, Tigers and Swans have easier draws than us. Unfortunately we don't play the pies or tiges again.

If we pull this off it will be another piece of Bevo magic.

Post Thanks / Like

It's in our hands, if we're good enough we'll make it. I personally don't think we are but I've been wrong before, plenty of times.

19. Likes HOSE B ROMERO, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If we make the finals these are the teams we will be up against so we couldn't ask for a better dress rehearsal.

Our finals pretty much starts this week.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

21. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post