Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  16
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Three things you've learnt-round 16 v Brisbane 2022

Alrighty. Tell us three things you've learnt tonight.

Not two (unless you put a third thing straight after it) but three. Definitely not four*

Things. That you've learnt. Tonight.

*Unless you feel like it of course.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things you've learnt-round 16 v Brisbane 2022

Bump
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

1. Marra took some good marks but this year his goal kicking hasn't been reliable.

2. Season is not over but just a bit harder for us now.

3. Umpies were very pro Brisbane early on.

4. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Marra gaining confidence and clunking marks is great to see. Now he just needs to kick straight.

2. We are sorely missing Daniel. His ability to read the play and make fast accurate decisions is part of our blueprint and without him the plan falls down. Take out Richards as well and the plan disintegrates.

3. Entry into f50 has gone retro – just so stupid kicking to 1 on 3 (especially when one of them is Harris).

Bonus. Also gone retro is Naughton's goal kicking.

Extra. Gardiner's kicking has improved, actually had some nice kicks to advantage tonight.

6. Likes josie, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. This Club has wasted the best years of Bontempelli, Macrae and Liberatore.
    2. Even though undermanned, the backline is a rabble.
    3. There is no reason why Jordan Sweet can't stay in the team.

8. Likes Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Without English B Smith Duryea Daniel Richards and Bruce we were for the most part non competitive
    2. The defence apart from Bailey Dale simply wasn’t good enough
    3. The positives were the debut of Bedendo, the improvement in Ugle Hagen and the good efforts of Sweet in the ruck

Post Thanks / Like

1. Good signs of bedendo early - quick, composed, nice goal. Big positive for me from the night

2. Bailey Williams is the most roller coaster form player on our list. The gap between his best and worst is the tower of terror

3. Had flashbacks of the grand final in the final 10 mins last night. We looked absolutely spent and they just did whatever they wanted

Post Thanks / Like

1. Pushing back 5 metres off the mark is an abject failure. Why Bevo is so stuck on it is beyond me, I watched him last week prior to the game in deep conversation with one of the umpires and he role played moving back so he's still working it out. We use a high press, and then move back and cede ground it's tactically perplexing. The player with the ball has no pressure on them and watching the Lions pick through our zone last night with 0 reaction tactically left me amazed.
    It's also philosophically the antitheses of our club : "cede nullis"!

2. Liberatore should be held in the same regard as Bontempelli. He's getting better. That goal was as good as I've seen from a Bulldog.

3. Moving a forward up to the contest is great if you're happy to be outnumbered when the ball gets down there.

Special mention : Bevo going to the tried and true "I don't know how many players we've played this year" using injuries as a reason year after year is driving me spare.

12. Likes Mutz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    1. Pushing back 5 metres off the mark is an abject failure. Why Bevo is so stuck on it is beyond me, I watched him last week prior to the game in deep conversation with one of the umpires and he role played moving back so he's still working it out. We use a high press, and then move back and cede ground it's tactically perplexing. The player with the ball has no pressure on them and watching the Lions pick through our zone last night with 0 reaction tactically left me amazed.

2. Liberatore should be held in the same regard as Bontempelli. He's getting better. That goal was as good as I've seen from a Bulldog.
    We did it to Joe danniher (I think 3rd qtr) after the ball was kicked out on the full. Brought him from 55m to about 48m from goal for the kick.

Just makes no sense

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    We did it to Joe danniher (I think 3rd qtr) after the ball was kicked out on the full. Brought him from 55m to about 48m from goal for the kick.

Just makes no sense
    Mind blowing. I think we gave away a 50 doing it too.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Watching the game from behind the goals, it was just so deflating to see the ball carriers deliver the ball to precisely the wrong spots, or picking the wrong target. We are just so shaky with the way we deliver the ball inside 50. There were a couple from Bont that just put Naughton in a no win situation, but there were many other culprits.

2. Jamarra is starting to get what he has to do at this level. He worked real hard off the ball all night, and was also an active voice inside our forward half, organising players around him and adjusting his own position according to what was going on upfield.

3. We're going to have some decent draft capital to play around with this year, as I can't see us making the 8 from here.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, our player was told to stand, but as is the want of our players he tried to push back to be outside the 5 and got pinged.

Both acts are ridiculous.

17. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. We can turn it around quickly next year if we get a good run at it and make a few changes to the list. I think Jamarra, Darcy, Bedendo, Jones will all go to the next level quite quickly. At least we know a number of players are not up to it and we can move on - McComb, Schache, Crozier with O'Brien lucky he has 2 years to go as I have no idea what he offers.

2. If Dunkley wants the cash then do your best Sam and get a 1st rounder.

3. We missed having Scott on the wing last night as he is one of the few he hits a target with his elite kicking.

Post Thanks / Like

It's also philosophically the antitheses of our club : "cede nullis"!

3. Moving a forward up to the contest is great if you're happy to be outnumbered when the ball gets down there.

Special mention : Bevo going to the tried and true "I don't know how many players we've played this year" using injuries as a reason year after year is driving me spare.
    I noticed other teams doing this as well in the last few weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

In that case the umpire said stand...I heard it...and the player kept walking backwards. 50 every day of the week.

21. Likes Bullies liked this post