Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  6
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bankers & Anchors: Rnd 16, 2022 vs Brisbane

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Peter use to be more out there protecting the club
    Does the club need protecting? I think we have well and truly passed that stage.
    I'd like to see more of Kylie Watson-Wheeler because she presents well but I don't think she needs to be protecting the club.
    What do we need protecting from?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Does the club need protecting? I think we have well and truly passed that stage.
    I'd like to see more of Kylie Watson-Wheeler because she presents well but I don't think she needs to be protecting the club.
    What do we need protecting from?
    Maybe the wrong word protecting, maybe sticking up for the club.

If there is nothing to protect or stick up for, then people should not have a go at Bevo who is trying to protect his players from stupid media people.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Maybe the wrong word protecting, maybe sticking up for the club.

If there is nothing to protect or stick up for, then people should not have a go at Bevo who is trying to protect his players from stupid media people.
    But there is a big difference between sticking up for and protecting the club. You've clarified that now.
    Do you think the Prez needs to be jumping in more to help Bevo? I would have thought it's more of a job for Grant and Bains.

To me we've had all those fights with City Hall years ago and the Prez needs to be focusing more on how the club is being managed, keeping it profitable, growing the membership base and improving the income streams more than dealing with a difficult media.
    Now if others can't control that she may need to step in but I think Bevo just needs more visible and vocal support from the footy department more than from the Prez.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    But there is a big difference between sticking up for and protecting the club. You've clarified that now.
    Do you think the Prez needs to be jumping in more to help Bevo? I would have thought it's more of a job for Grant and Bains.

To me we've had all those fights with City Hall years ago and the Prez needs to be focusing more on how the club is being managed, keeping it profitable, growing the membership base and improving the income streams more than dealing with a difficult media.
    Now if others can't control that she may need to step in but I think Bevo just needs more visible and vocal support from the footy department more than from the Prez.
    Should be Bains, not Grant.

I was just saying Peter was more hands on.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Bankers:

1. Dom Bedendo - watching a first gamer kick a goal and celebrate is enough for me to enjoy a night

2. Our start - sure we dropped away badly but at least we started with some alertness and intensity. Just need to keep the effort up for longer

3. Rhylee West - finding a way to impact the game even if it wasn't all going his way. Two goals and five tackles in a predominantly small forward role on a tough night wasn't too bad at all

Anchors:

1. Between the arcs. Just put pressure on and don't allow easy uncontested marks

2. Forward ball use. Take it easy, lower the eyes, kick to advantage, and if you're going to have a crack at goal actually kick it like you mean it

3. Thursday night drinking. Jesus Christ I am no longer built for boozy football games followed by bar hopping around Richmond drinking dry martinis, single malt whiskies and shots of tequila. I actually don't think anyone is or should be, but I used to be reasonably close to being so. *!*!*!*!
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.