Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  109
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Heat on Bevo?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Heat on Bevo?

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    In his presser after Sydney without saying it, he strongly hinted that our preparation this season hasn't been good. This isn't 100% word for word... just me quickly typing as listening.

"you look at it as what's gone wrong, hurdles in the way that each team faces, or look at it that other teams have improved... I won't make excuses... there's some relativity around it. The margins are small, close wins, beat the top teams... it takes an enormous amount of conviction, enormous amount of preparation, enormous amount of sophistication with what you do. I still think the sophistication is there but whether it's the preparation or the capacity to do it is just not there at the moment. There's a number of factors, but ultimately the competition at the pointy end of the competition has gone past us. We're going through some change. Going through some evolution in the back end. We need to challenge ourselves to get the best template.

The now is absolutely important for us but the future is critical to lay some foundations to set ourselves up for what happens in the future. Part of that will ensue in the coming weeks, and we'll obviously still endeavour to beat those in front of us".

So he thinks the sophistication is there - IE: The coaching? The plan? The skills of the team?
    The preparation and the conviction maybe not? Some people not giving 100% any more? Is preparation coaching? Individuals? Overall fitness program?

And the last bit more or less calls out that we're going to turn an eye to next year. He can't say "we don't care about winning" but he was pretty clear that we're looking to the future. You'd expect a few changes this week, and surely one of those is Darcy if he's physically up to it.
    Honestly 99% of posts on Woof are more coherent than that rant from Bevo
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Bevo seems like an egotistical maniac. If he's questioned hard or if he's seen to be failing he seems to lash out and, to me, says way too much.

3. Likes Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    No chance either getting a gig. Bevo would never countenance two ex-senior coaches being dropped into the box with him to "review" what he is doing. You can't have 2 alpha's, let alone 3.
    Noble would be Football Manager and not in the coaches box. He is one of the best in the business as proven with his success at Crows/Lions and his stint with us early in his career. Exactly what we need to turn the Football Department around and make the hard decisions.

5. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    Noble would be Football Manager and not in the coaches box. He is one of the best in the business as proven with his success at Crows/Lions and his stint with us early in his career. Exactly what we need to turn the Football Department around and make the hard decisions.
    Isn't that currently Dalrymple?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Isn't that currently Dalrymple?
    Dalrymple has been in Sydney for a few years now...

Chris Grant is the Head of Football, Chris Maple is the Coaching and Operations Manager.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Dalrymple has been in Sydney for a few years now...

Chris Grant is the Head of Football, Chris Maple is the Coaching and Operations Manager.
    Maple thats the guy I meant. Thanks Axe.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

14 coaches and not one of them have anything to do with between the ears. Very strange
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper Bulldogs View Post
    14 coaches and not one of them have anything to do with between the ears. Very strange
    We definitely have a psychologist the players often reference them.

Probably a fair point though might need some more investment.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Bevo seems like an egotistical maniac. If he's questioned hard or if he's seen to be failing he seems to lash out and, to me, says way too much.
    We all know that type. Plenty of people in power be it footy, education or whatever, authoritarians who have the attitude if you are not with me you are against me. I hope Bevo is not like that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    When has this happened?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    We all know that type. Plenty of people in power be it footy, education or whatever, authoritarians who have the attitude if you are not with me you are against me. I hope Bevo is not like that.
    I'll bite - just how collaborative can a senior coach be?
    It's already a job for 1.5 people and the soft cap has reduced support. You absolutely need a clear, single direction.

I'm sure that the MC and coaches meetings are the time for airing opinions but if a coach doesn't have some authoritarian approach to ensure a single, easy to understand message reaches the players than a team has no hope.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

15. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Likes bornadog, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Have heard from someone close to the Darcy family that Leon C will be back at the club next season.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

17. Thanks Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We definitely have a psychologist the players often reference them.

Probably a fair point though might need some more investment.
    Do we still have the program with Victoria University?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    Have heard from someone close to the Darcy family that Leon C will be back at the club next season.
    It'll take a while for the stink of GWS to were off him but once I get over that I will welcome this move.

20. Thanks Topdog thanked for this post